AMD Bankruptcy Celebration

What are you going to do when AMD goes bankrupt? Personally I'm gonna throw a big party, it's going to be epic.

It will never go bankrupt, they will sell the company long before that

I've been told AMD is going bankrupt for 10 years.

Wasnt there rumors that Samsung was going to buy them?

Like the rumor Intel will make a good GPU so all OEMs should wait

>wanting a monopoly on x86 CPUs and discrete GPUs
>not wanting competition
>throwing a party in celebration of getting buttfucked by Intel and nVIDIA all year long
why are people this retarded

AMD is an awful company that just lies to their customers over and over.

/thread

same goes for every other company in existance

I think AMD is just incompetent to be honest. Nvidia and Intel seem to be true gypsies.

Why?
Are you a major Nvidia/Intel shareholder?
If so

Another GPU Thread.

Because Nvidia totally had DX12 support, which ended up being 'can run DX12, no more.'

Even then being happy for a monopoly is dumb.
Nvidia would just sell x50 cards for $300 and beyond for MLG FTW FE editions and Intel would sell you more expensive CPUs that have a 1% gain over last gen for $50 more.

It might be real this time. According to their balance sheet they will be completely out of money in about 3 years.

Intel already has monopoly. AMD hasn't deleivered even a barely competing prudict since phemon 2 and even then nehalem was smoking it. If AMD goes bankrupt Intel will have to renegotiate the x86 license agreement and allow it to be transferred to big comapny like samsung or face antitrust laws. AMD dying will bring back healthy comeptition. Intel is completely OK with current AMD and they are the least one which wants to see them go bankrupt.

AMD has done very little lying.
Compared to nvidia at least.

You have to understand that every piece of information about a product that comes out of nvidia or AMD is a lie.

This time! For real!

But Op, you have no friends.

Reminds me of Hinafags every Saimoe

Or you know, Zen will come out to be OK and a new Fury line up will be able to compete with NVidia.

>transferring x86 license
hahaha, oh wow

it's specifically a nontransferable license, if they get bought, it's over

IIRC the only other company still in business who is in posession of an x86 license is VIA

>Zen will come out to be OK and a new Fury line up will be able to compete with NVidia

They WILL be forced to give license to another comapny or get fucked by antitrust alws, retard.

Even if they don't, they still won't go bankrupt.

They probably will desu senpai. Their financials are awful.

Both Summit Ridge and Fury 2 aren't high volume products, they won't go bankrupt because of them.
They might go bankrupt if their APU, custom sillicon and embeded line stop selling.

Intel won't let them die.

This won't happen. Even if appears that they're about to collapse, Intel is going to inject money on them just to keep the token competition.

VIA already has one, and no antitrust law can force you to create competition out of thin air if your competitors go bankrupt.
the laws are there to make sure you don't abuse your powers as market leader to fuck your customers, but if your competition goes bankrupt because they can't keep up, that's fair game.

and who is even this other company you're talking about? who would want to enter the x86 market with zero experience in making x86 CPUs?

They have a new line of consoles for MS and Sony to make too.

>antitrust law can force you to create competition out of thin air if your competitors go bankrupt.
>and who is even this other company you're talking about?
NVidia wanted to enter the x86 market for a long time.

Sup Forums babies are retarded and think qualcomm and samsung are gonna make them

I'm not so sure they would do it. They're too invested in ARM now and going against Intel would be no easy feat.

>VIA already has one
Didn't their license only cover x86 and no AMD64?
Didn't they lose the license but kept making chips anyway because nobody tried to stop because
>VIA

I actually want amd to do good too I don't want intel and nvidia give us jew prices and lose productivity with no completion.

bend over and let intel and nvidia thrust their thick overpriced processor and graphic cards rape my tight budget

>Their financials are awful.
>67m loss becomes 8m loss in a quarter

was it 200m last year?

They only invested in ARM because they did not get the x86 licence. ARM market is saturated because it's an open standard. Qualcomm, Broadcom, Samsung and fuck knows who else make ARM CPUs.

Nvidiots have been telling me how AMD/ATi is dead/finished/kill for the better part of the last decade.
Maybe the 2000th time is the charm

I don't think they lost the license. And about AMD64, their Eden CPUs are x86-64.

ARM is the opposite of open. Only ARM Holdings is allowed to develop the architecture, and then licenses it to whoever wants to build it.

QCOmM, Samsung, etc, all need to pay ARM.

>I'm gonna throw a big party
You better start saving up.
Those 3k$ 300Mhz Celerons aren't gonna buy themselves.
Do you have an Extra car you can sell for GTX1150m 256MB DDR2?

AMD isn't cheap. Intel actally has better and cheaper solutions than AMD.

Oh well, go VIA!
I guess

tl;dr children

>People welcoming loss of competition, loss of reasoning for Intel/Nvidia to advance their own technology

Why on Earth would anyone be happy about this? I can't wrap my head around it.

>AMD hasn't deleivered even a barely competing prudict since phemon 2

neither did Intel.
6 years of shrinking good old Sandy bridge with miniscule performance increse.

If Zen doesn't fly Intel just won't invest into RND for a new architecture, thaey won't need to.

Sub i3 price range AMD dominates.

>>People welcoming loss of competition, loss of reasoning for Intel/Nvidia to advance their own technology

Because it will not mean the loss of competition. The antitrust laws will force Intel to sell x86 licence to someone. And Intel will start making dGPUs.

I don't care about any of this Sup Forums shit. I just know AMD's making my portfolio amazing

Intel doesn't have legacy 3d drivers nor patents to make dGPU you twat

>to someone
they will sell it Mc'Donalds for -1000000$
Macdonalds will release x86 burgers and Intel will continue being the only CPU manufactorer.

Because brand loyalty. At least if AMD pull out of high end altogether the fanboy wars will end and they can cry into their mechanical keyboards when they see the price of the GeforceĀ® 1270 28GB FE Deluxe.

>AMD
>competiton
It's not 2005.

Implying I give a shit, I'm still rocking a highly oc'd sandy bridge

And you will forever.

As long as it does the job I don't care

AMD loses in all price brackets. i3 is good for office and amd has nothing matching its thermals and power draw. i7 smokes the high end. Don't start me on xeons.

>highly oc'd sandy bridge

>year 2017
>All software requires DX 13 (all old software was remotely terminated by Microsoft)
>DX13 compatible only with Windows 11
>Windows 11 is only compatible latest Intl generation
>Latest Intel generation CPU costs like a car for celeron and like a helicopter for i3

This is the future you chose.
And you can't do shit about it now.

>Intel doesn't have legacy 3d drivers
And who gives a fuck about legacy drivers?
>nor patents to make dGPU you twat
You don't need a patent to solder a GPU and some RAM to a PCB you autist.

And what if they will terminate support?

What shameless ignorance.

I will still go completely amd next year, just like I did when phenom 2 came out. Yes that shit still works perfectly fine today for muh gaming. But most importantly, Intel and nvidia just can't compete in linux stability with their shitty drivers.

>Monoypoly
>Planned Obsolescence

They wont go bankrupt.
Its in both nvidias and intels best interest that AMD remains and isnt getting replaced by a company that actually competes with them.
So they will invest money in AMD if AMD is facing liquicity problems.

>plan a big party
>realize you have to cancel it in order to afford a GTX 1180
>for $4500

AMD isn't going to suddenly implode anytime soon - the absolute earliest is 2020 (thats when the majority of their debt is due) and given how close that is if the company was in real dangers there would be serious panic during investor meetings. Given AMD has recently acquired some very nice deals for their chips (many high volume contracts, even if the margins are low) ensures them a reliable income for quite a few years.

In fact it is because of these contracts their stock price has increased rather dramatically in the last 6 months.

>2017
>DX13
>Windows 11
>11

cover my shorts, just before that is

too bad they left libre/coreboot

not him but
>Sup Forums can't into hypothetical scenario

didn't they lose money on all their console deals

I wouldn't mind if Samsung rebranded the whole company just to help change public perception

>AMD's Radeon Pro Duo SSG has a pair of Samsung SSDs
>Blue themed AMD
It might be the start

im me and i don't into Sup Forums but the numbers are just ridiculus

concept is already happening to some extent

Unlike Intel, AMD's blue is non-toxic.

Great technology discussion thread.

Console war threads get deleted on Sup Forums. Why don't these threads get deleted on Sup Forums?

Sup Forums would implode if the mods cracked down and tried to make Sup Forums as it was days of old.

Sup Forumsanitors wouldn't work for free because this is a shill board you must give them shekels before they start deleting shite threads

Intel supports Feminist Frequency.

Aaaaaand??? Whats your point biggot?

>I support monopolies
>I'll throw away money on subpar products cause there's no competition
>Please, use more lube next time, G-goldstein senpai.

intel is made by the nose people

Monopoly is not good, bro.

The israelite infection on Sup Forums is rather severe.

Well, it's a board dedicated to spending money on expensive, short lived and most importantly jewish sponsored goods.

>"So user, this is a nice party and all but why are you hosting it?"
>"Oh, N-no reason... I just felt like it haha."
>"Oh ok. I'm going to go talk to your hot roommate Chad now!"

So you can enjoy intel monopoly and the raised prices up to 300% or more the original price. No thanks.

I'll be dancing.

>Personally I'm gonna throw a big party, it's going to be epic.

I'm going to be sad. I don't like the idea of paying hundreds more for 5-10% more performance.

You'll be long dead before AMD ever goes bankrupt.

Try holding your breath.

hwehehe jehe hehe poor

>knowing the value of money
>poor

You typically find that poor people are poor because they lack it among other things.

I'm totally rich man I got all this credit I can buy useless shit with

Would be shit because nvida had no opponent and could rise the prices into the sky

If you knew the value of money you'd get a quality Nvidia GPU instead of risking it AMD.

>2012
>buying major purchases outright
>not understanding how to invest and finance

Cry becasue my next Intel CPU and NVIDIA GPU will cost way more.

I'm older than you, I've been buying video cards for ten years. I've only ever had one card go bad, it was a BFG 6800 GT where the VRAM started to become corrupt after a few years.