Write a manual for my server users

>write a manual for my server users
>14 pages, beautifully formatted in LaTeX >answers every question they could possibly have
>no one reads it
>they e-mail me directly because they can't figure out how to download PuTTY on their windows machines
>the download site is literally hyperlinked at the top of the manual

>upload project to GitHub
>obviously open source
>even added MIT licence
>constant emails asking if they can use your code

Seriously thinking of hiding my email if I want to continue using this website.

>just look at the goddamn manual, you retarded coworker, I'm not going to answer anything that's already answered on the manual

That was simple, wasn't it?

>getting fired for disrupting the office working environment

literally the only thing that matters these days

moving the download site to the bottom of the manual might work

Installing Gentoo office-wide might help.

why arent they using managed workstations with appropriate applications already installed?

Yeah, I don't remember, but, uh, I think it's in the manual, on, uh, page 13 I think. I don't remember exactly but it should say.

Exactly my thought. You should have pushed PuTTY out to all the workstations first.

I don't know about you guys, but in my office we get treated like big boys and girls who can install their own software and maintain their own PC.

not in the workforce myself, but isn't the byod meme a thing now?

The obvious answer is to create a FAQ that nobody reads

look where that got you

Pajeet you need to stop cooking your poo food in the breakroom microwave.

employees are provided a stipend to purchase their own machines

my hands are completely off the process, which is exactly what I want

Not him, but idiots will probably won't find it even if it was the only icon on the whole desktop.

>Getting fired for playing BOFH
Weak sauce man, weak sauce.

And you let them choose and buy their own antivirus? What about software like Office--they go buy that too?

My coworkers are adults, and I really appreciate that. However, I need to protect my workplace and provide any specialized software we've licensed for the company to use. If they were truly at the level *you wish* they were at, they'd he installed PuTTY.

I give my coworkers a couple of options that I know are solid. I am the resident computer nerd, so I know what they'll be happiest with and what specs matter.

Was this position forced on you? This whole "hands off" attitude sounds like you avoiding responsibility more than respecting them.

I'm doing this for a highly-revered recommendation, not for pay.

Well, if no one was able to use your document successfully, you're failing. The point is to make it easy for everyone involved.

Recommendation for what? A job that pays? For masturbating with LaTeX instead of just getting shit done? For avoiding responsibility?

Not him, but I must say one thing. Average person won't read anything you give them to read before asking you questions that are answered in the same paper. Average person won't even try finding the solution, he will just ask.

>upload project to GitHub
>obviously open source
>constant emails asking if they can use your code
It's a matter of courtesy.
>even added MIT licence
Say no. Fuck stupid people.