OPERA

Do any of you still use opera? As I understand it, it's essentially chrome these days. Does it have the same set of pitfalls as chrome? What's the point of even using it, if so?

I use it when I want to quickly search up something since it's so light and has 0 bloatware.

Also some boards don't work on Chrome (says it's a connection error) so I use Opera to access it.

Would use mainly Opera if it had better extensions and support.

I use Opera daily ~ as the poster above stated it is essentially chrome. However some flash based websites will not display properly such as grocery stores, and some instant win / sweepstakes pages - It is currently my favorite as Chrome is multi-threaded and creates way too many fucking processes. FireFox is getting better but too slow loading even facebook am currently using Windows 7 so Edge isn't an option, nor would I want it to be ~ Safari is obviously unsupported everywhere and none of the other browsers fit my needs or are just too buggy

I'm gonna use this opportunity to ask, where did IE go wrong? I remember years ago it was the best, don't remember what version fucked it up.

It's my browser of choice on Windows, though on my Mac i use Safari and Chrome on Android
but it supports everything chrome does basically

I suppose what I meant by "is it essentially chrome" was: is opera essentially compromised, in terms of privacy? that's pretty much the only reason I don't use chrome. I just don't understand how people can complain about chrome yet use opera, if they're the same browser. I've persevered wth Firefox for years, but it's become unbearably slow.

I liked the video popout

is it 64bit?

Changed to opera from chrome, but found out that opera had been sold to some chinese firm.

Not sure what I feel about this.

I use it. For some reason Opera runs better than Chromium for me.
There are some nice features that Chromium doesn't have. Video popout or the speed dial startpage for example.

Its even more compromised, in terms of privacy.

Bullshit. Opera isn't developed by google.

>Do any of you still use opera?

I still use it on my desktop and laptop

>Uses fewer resources than chrome
>Speed dial
>Built-in adblock
>Battery saving features, which pretty much makes it the best browser for laptops
>Pop up videos

it is chrome. its faster but less functional with google integration(mostly right click image search and going to highlighted links)

i use both.

>where did IE go wrong? I remember years ago it was the best

wat

>IE
>the best
Wew lad

What you mean is that it was the only one but when alternatives started to show up IE became a joke and decades earlier it hasn't changed.

only use opera turbo to get around stupid website blocks

It doesn't have to.

I only use opera when I'm trolling because I can easily switch between IPs with the VPN thing.
Or you could just use MPV, shift+T = stay on top. You can use youtube-dl to watch shit on it.

Care to explain how it's "even more compromised", though?

It's the only option on android since chrome doesn't have adblock and firefox is lag, so yeah I'm using it.

Yeah. I found it to be the only acceptable and consistently suported browser left, which is sad considering all the faults and regressive features Opera possesses.

I stopped using Firefox after 28, and Chrome's general UIs for imageboards and extension managers stink. Opera still has much of the basic design and utilities that other browsers have been so quick to abandon over the past few years.

I find the developer's version now to be the only useful browser.

>Free VPN
>Lightweight
>Built in adblocker that doesn't fuck around like AdBlock+
>FREE VPN

It's own by the Chinese, written by nordics, running through america, while using the gut of Google. You tell me.