>that post
>that image
this doesn't make any sense.

>GiB
>not MTiB

>bought a new mobo
>it has 4 ram slots
>gonna buy another 16gb of ram to have 32gb total

I could put my OS, my games and everything else on my computer into the ram and still have at least 8gb left over

what you didn't think 16 would be enough? there are people literally browsing this fucking board rn using 4. I seriously hate what Sup Forums has come to.

>Windows 10

>SSD

genuinely curious to know if you get paid to shitpost. if so, please direct me to a hiring agency that's applying because it'd be better than my current job.

>8gb of ram is enough

I want in too

> TFW fell for this meme

Why do you insist on keeping applications open that you aren't using? You're just wasting RAM doing this.

I got rights, man. If I can't use my computer the way I want to, then it's the computer's fault, not mine. My CPU is plenty powerful enough to keep things responsive with everything open, as you can see in the screenshot. Anyway, unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Do not speak unless spoken to.

>Falling for the Windows 10 meme

Not OP, but I use tree style tabbing. End up having 4gb of RAM in use easy just through the browser.

>run 8GB of ram
>everything is fine
>chrome takes an extra second to start after awhile
>go to the store
>buy another 8GB
>take it home
>turns out my motherboard only has two slots and they're full
>go back to store
>buy new motherboard
>go back home
>install the x2 4GB and x1 8GB sticks
>try putting CPU in
>it doesn't slip in
>pull the flap down by force and close the case
>PC doesn't boot
>open it up
>CPU tabs are bent
>turns out my new motherboard doesn't take my old CPU
>go back to store
>buy new CPU
>install it in my new motherboard
>start it up
>works again
>open chrome
>it doesn't load any faster
YOU TOLD ME 16GB WASN'T A MEME Sup Forums
WHAT THE FUCK I LITERALLY SPENT $482 ON THIS SHIT

I have something like 700 browser tabs open and Firefox is only using 2.1 gigs. Are you using some kind of tab suspend addon? If not, you should be.

Hadnt heard of this but not a bad idea. I'm just now getting into reference control for ad blocking.

FYI, you want your RAM to be all the same type and capacity, otherwise your CPU can't access it in dual channel mode. In fact, this is why 2x4 can be faster than 1x8. In your case you'd want either 2x8 or 4x4. If you go the 2x8 route, you also have to make sure you use the right slots on your motherboard (should be listed in the manual.) But if you're satisfied with the performance you have now, then don't bother spending more money to fix it.

DO NOT REPLY TO CANCER THREADS
SAGE AND REPORT THEM

That's your fault for not looking up a motherboard with the same socket as your old one if you're not trolling

>ALL the assets