Do you own an iPhone? If so, do you like it and why?

Do you own an iPhone? If so, do you like it and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.html
truesecdev.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/hidden-backdoor-api-to-root-privileges-in-apple-os-x/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html
npr.org/2010/11/22/131511381/wipeout-when-your-company-kills-your-iphone
youtu.be/10UBsSo6O4I
arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/apple-says-game-about-palestinian-child-isnt-a-game
ifixit.org/blog/7401/ifixit-app-pulled/
mashable.com/2014/02/07/apple-app-tracks-drone-strikes/
theguardian.com/technology/2011/dec/01/siri-abortion-apple-unintenional-omissions
theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/22/stagefright-flaw-ios-iphone-imessage-apple
theintercept.com/2016/04/12/apple-bug-exposed-chat-history-with-a-single-click/
discussions.apple.com/thread/7256669?tstart0=
theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/27/apple-music-subscribers-siri-questions
blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/05/04/apple-stole-my-music-no-seriously/
web.archive.org/web/20160608183145/http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/14/uninstall_quicktime_for_windows/
theguardian.com/money/2016/feb/05/error-53-apple-iphone-software-update-handset-worthless-third-party-repair
computerworld.com/article/2541250/apple-mac/update--apple-plays-hardball--upgrade--bricks--unlocked-iphones.html
theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/04/apple-deleted-music-ipods-rivals-steve-jobs
apple.stackexchange.com/questions/49951/how-can-i-download-free-apps-without-registering-an-apple-idcool
support.apple.com/en-us/HT202033
theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/01/naked-celebrity-hack-icloud-backup-jennifer-lawrence
gnu.org/philosophy/surveillance-vs-democracy.html#digitalcash
finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/privacy-advocates-worry-over-new-apple-iphone-tracking-feature-161836223.html
arstechnica.com/apple/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/
washingtonpost.com/business/technology/2014/09/17/2612af58-3ed2-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html
firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/09/22/apple-data/
motherboard.vice.com/read/switzerland-wants-a-single-universal-phone-charger-by-2017
eff.org/deeplinks/2008/11/apple-downgrades-macbook-video-drm
arstechnica.com/apple/2007/08/aacs-tentacles/
boingboing.net/2010/04/02/why-i-wont-buy-an-ipad-and-think-yo.html
boingboing.net/2014/02/07/apple-yanks-last-remaining-bit.html
weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2008/03/07/code-signing-and-you/
theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/11/papers-please-game-ipad-nude-body-scans
9to5mac.com/2014/12/01/ios-8-1-signing-window-closed/
web.archive.org/web/20150721065208/http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Status
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes but I don't really see the point of owning a smartphone so I'll get rid of it and buy a dumb phone or something

iPhone 5s, it just werks after all this years. I don't feel the need to upgrade.

Apple sucks shit.

Where do iToddlers get the false impression they or their fruity toddler toys belong on Sup Forums?

See pic related.

iPhone 5S

It just werks for my shitposting.

My job consists of me helping people unfuck up their phones which is literally backup and reset.

iPhone 6s

Just works. I don't need it for anything besides texting, music, and basic web browsing, but the Desmos graphing calculator app is also nice. Much nicer than actual graphing calculators.

The 5s I had before this was awesome, had it for two years and never had a single issue ever. Only reason I got the 6s was because I wanted a bigger screen and didn't feel like dealing with Android, which frankly is a hassle.

>itoddler
>prefers toddlerPhone

Not surprised.

Autism.

iPhones just work. Androids, despite having more features, also have more problems, aren't as fast or smooth, and just aren't as intuitive. They just feel cluttered and sloppy.

The features are nice, don't get me wrong, but that's what a desktop PC or laptop is for. I don't ever find myself needing to use my phone for anything other than calling, texting, web browsing, or as a graphing calculator. So for me, it's not really worth it to sacrifice "just werks" for a sloppy interface.

>iShit
>work

Pick one.

Sup Forums has too long been infested with mactard /fa/ggot kiddies. It's time to purge them once and for all.

Any of the following regularly occurring threads on Sup Forums is either directly or indirectly about appleshit /fa/ggotry:

* Why don't you own a Macbook? threads
* iPhone "master race" threads
* Various types of iPhone/Macbook/iMac threads ("What Macbook should I buy, /g?" "Is this iPhone good, Sup Forums?" "Check out my iMac, Sup Forums," "How do I unlock an iPhone Sup Forums?")
* All OSX/iOS discussion and support threads (obviously)

These threads only serve to circlejerk over products for fashion and consumerism. They have nothing to do with programming, networking, security, privacy, freedom, design, usability, or anything else Sup Forums related.

These threads and the people who post within them belong in either or as they are the appropriate boards in which to discuss their hobby, along with "phone OS war" and "Mac vs. PC" threads. This should be Rule #4 for Sup Forums and it should be aggressively enforced until the children finally get it and move on.

This is the thread to petition Hiroshimoot to cure the /fa/ cancer in Sup Forums. If you really care about technology and not just vapid consumerism, help by adding your voice to this discussion.

We can do it, Sup Forums.

bought the 5 when it came out, haven't bought a phone since then and ive just inherited my past phones from family members, since literally all of them have iphones. my current phone is a 5s i just inherited after breaking my last 5

It's useless to point this out here. Everyone in Sup Forums is retarded to a point of no return. Better just move to different site for actual tech discussion.

meant to reply to

Take your autism pills doctor prescribed and take them every day. I think you are in need for a break.

Yeah I used to think this too. When I bought my 5s it had iOS 7 on it. I never upgraded to iOS 8 or 9.

But when I got my 6s, I decided to just try installing 9 on the 5s for the heck of it. Still works flawlessly. I take it to work and use it as a music player, and use the wifi to send texts and browse the internet.

Autism.

/thread

Android is laggy crappy shit that lags harder than a fucking constipated shit from an ass. I used an Android once and it took that laggy Lagdroid piece of lagshit 4 goddamn shitty hours of lag to lag its way into Google's botnet and then they sent the NSA to my house. I threw that piece of fucking laggy shit out the window and it even lagged on the way down because Lagdroid lags like a shitty poop from an ass (or butt) and then someone saw the piece of shit Lagdroid on the ground and thought I took a shit out the window so the police came to my house (3 days later because the person who called used a Samshit Lagdroid which is a stupid phone for dumb idiots) and I got a ticket for shitting out the window. After that, I bought an Apple iPhone. Not only does it never lag, it actually reads my mind and brings up what I want as soon as I think of it. I get mad bitches now because bitches love guys who use Apple products instead of shitty Lagdroid poop and I couldn't be happier. None of you fat neckbearded fat fucks could possibly understand how great it is to own an iPhone because you're all poorfags and virgins.

>image.png

Tell me why is it rare for me to see any Macbook owners here on Sup Forums?
I think that Apple products are really underestimated here. Especially with the best phone this day in age.
Although I am hypocrite using Yosemite. (Oldfag FTW!)

Right now, I cannot decide between the small and compact iPhone SE and the classic but modern iPhone 6S. There are so many colors to choose but I decided to go with gold since it sparkles better. LOL

>lagPhone
>best anything

>lagged on the way down
sounds about right

The hardware is actually really nice, pretty durable. I know people who have been using the same macbooks since 2009. If you don't like OS X, you can just install Windows or Linux.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

>pretty durable

I have an iPhone. I don't do anything important on the iPhone besides receive calls from my family, waste time on social media, and use a music streaming service like Pandora. In other words, I do simple stuff. If I did hardcore stuff on my phone then I suppose an android or something would be better, but for someone like me who only uses it for simple activities, an iPhone is more than enough.

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll shit fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now.

For someone like you, there would be no difference between your iPacifier and a $100 phone.

The $100 phones probably run shitty ass Android and lag like shit. I had one once, it was awful.

Don't worry. Even 800$ android lag like cinstipated shit from ass.

or butt

You $800 toddler toy runs worse than a 4 year old Nexus.

This.

Where do technology illiterate iToddlers get the false impression they or their fruity toddler toys belong on Sup Forums?

Mine doesn't do that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also stop acting like you have people to text

I love how there is always some stupid iPhone vs. Android thread with both sides bitching at each other over unimportant bullshit while both are 100% certified botnet cancer that tracks you everywhere you go, has a horrible, dumbed down, crippled OS, has the most laughable, moronic input method in the history of computing, and has to use a fucking app for every single website because it sucks at being a fucking internet machine, the thing they were DESIGNED TO BE.

I fucking hope people begin to realize this and we end this cancer very, very soon.

>Mine doesn't do that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't worry, the Apple will "fix" that when the iShit 7 launches.

Apple's Operating Systems Are Malware
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.html

Malware means software designed to function in ways that mistreat or harm the user. (This does not include accidental errors.) This page explains how the software in Apple's computer products are malware.

Malware and nonfree software are two different issues. The difference between free software and nonfree software is in whether the users have control of the program or vice versa. It's not directly a question of what the program does when it runs. However, in practice nonfree software is often malware, because the developer's awareness that the users would be powerless to fix any malicious functionalities tempts the developer to impose some.

Apple Back Doors

Mac OS X had an intentional local back door for 4 years, which could be exploited by attackers to gain root privileges.
truesecdev.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/hidden-backdoor-api-to-root-privileges-in-apple-os-x/

The iPhone has a back door that allows Apple to remotely delete apps which Apple considers “inappropriate”. Jobs said it's OK for Apple to have this power because of course we can trust Apple.
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html

The iPhone has a back door for remote wipe. It's not always enabled, but users are led into enabling it without understanding.
npr.org/2010/11/22/131511381/wipeout-when-your-company-kills-your-iphone

how do you get certified for botnet cancer? Do you have to apply with the government or something?

youtu.be/10UBsSo6O4I
Nice cherrypick loser. Tfw dual core beats laggy crappy constipated shit with 6 cores.

Apple Censorship

Apple censors games, banning some games from the cr…app store because of which political points they suggest. Some political points are apparently considered acceptable.
arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/apple-says-game-about-palestinian-child-isnt-a-game

Apple banned a program from the App Store because its developers committed the enormity of disassembling some iThings.
ifixit.org/blog/7401/ifixit-app-pulled/

Apple rejected an app that displayed the locations of US drone assassinations, giving various excuses. Each time the developers fixed one “problem”, Apple complained about another. After the fifth rejection, Apple admitted it was censoring the app based on the subject matter.

As of 2015, Apple systematically bans apps that endorse abortion rights or would help women find abortions.
mashable.com/2014/02/07/apple-app-tracks-drone-strikes/

This particular political slant affects other Apple services.
theguardian.com/technology/2011/dec/01/siri-abortion-apple-unintenional-omissions

Apple Insecurity

A vulnerability in Apple's Image I/O API allowed an attacker to execute malacious code from any application which uses this API to render a certain kind of image file.
theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/22/stagefright-flaw-ios-iphone-imessage-apple

A bug in the iThings Messages app allowed a malicious web site to extract all the user's messaging history.
theintercept.com/2016/04/12/apple-bug-exposed-chat-history-with-a-single-click/

Apple Interference

Various proprietary programs often mess up the user's system. They are like sabotage, but they are not grave enough to qualify for the word “sabotage”. Nonetheless, they are nasty and wrong. This section describes examples of Apple committing interference.

Apple forced millions of iThings to download a system upgrade without asking the users. Apple did not forcibly install the upgrade but the downloading alone caused lots of trouble.
discussions.apple.com/thread/7256669?tstart0=

Apple Pressuring

Proprietary companies can take advantage of their customers by imposing arbitrary limits to their use of the software. This section reports examples of hard sell and other unjust commercial tactics by Apple.

Apple Siri refuses to give you information about music charts if you're not an Apple Music subscriber.
theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/27/apple-music-subscribers-siri-questions

Apple Sabotage

The wrongs in this section are not precisely malware, since they do not involve making the program that runs in a way that hurts the user. But they are a lot like malware, since they are technical Apple actions that harm to the users of specific Apple software.

The Apple Music client program scans the user's file system for music files, copies them to an Apple server, and deletes them.
blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/05/04/apple-stole-my-music-no-seriously/

Apple stops users from fixing the security bugs in Quicktime for Windows, while refusing to fix them itself.
web.archive.org/web/20160608183145/http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/14/uninstall_quicktime_for_windows/

iOS version 9 for iThings sabotages them irreparably if they were repaired by someone other than Apple. Apple eventually backed off from this policy under criticism from the users. However, it has not acknowledged that this was wrong.
theguardian.com/money/2016/feb/05/error-53-apple-iphone-software-update-handset-worthless-third-party-repair

Apple vulnerabilties got fixed already. meanwhile on Android...

An Apple firmware “upgrade” bricked iPhones that had been unlocked. The “upgrade” also deactivated applications not approved by Apple censorship. All this was apparently intentional.
computerworld.com/article/2541250/apple-mac/update--apple-plays-hardball--upgrade--bricks--unlocked-iphones.html

Apple deleted from iPods the music that users had got from internet music stores that competed with iTunes.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/04/apple-deleted-music-ipods-rivals-steve-jobs

Apple Surveillance

Users cannot make an Apple ID (necessary to install even gratis apps) without giving a valid email address and receiving the verification code Apple sends to it.
apple.stackexchange.com/questions/49951/how-can-i-download-free-apps-without-registering-an-apple-idcool

iThings automatically upload to Apple's servers all the photos and videos they make.

iCloud Photo Library stores every photo and video you take, and keeps them up to date on all your devices. Any edits you make are automatically updated everywhere. [...]

(From Apple's iCloud information as accessed on 24 Sep 2015.) The iCloud feature is activated by the startup of iOS. The term “cloud” means “please don't ask where.”
support.apple.com/en-us/HT202033

There is a way to deactivate iCloud, but it's active by default so it still counts as a surveillance functionality.

Unknown people apparently took advantage of this to get nude photos of many celebrities. They needed to break Apple's security to get at them, but NSA can access any of them through PRISM.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/01/naked-celebrity-hack-icloud-backup-jennifer-lawrence
gnu.org/philosophy/surveillance-vs-democracy.html#digitalcash

The iBeacon lets stores determine exactly where the iThing is, and get other info too.
finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/privacy-advocates-worry-over-new-apple-iphone-tracking-feature-161836223.html

Apple can, and regularly does, remotely extract some data from iPhones for the state.
arstechnica.com/apple/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/

This may have improved with iOS 8 security improvements; but not as much as Apple claims.
washingtonpost.com/business/technology/2014/09/17/2612af58-3ed2-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html
firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/09/22/apple-data/

Apple DRM

Apple uses DRM software to prevent people from charging an iThing with a generic USB cable.
motherboard.vice.com/read/switzerland-wants-a-single-universal-phone-charger-by-2017

DRM (digital restrictions mechanisms) in MacOS. This article focuses on the fact that a new model of Macbook introduced a requirement for monitors to have malicious hardware, but DRM software in MacOS is involved in activating the hardware. The software for accessing iTunes is also responsible.
eff.org/deeplinks/2008/11/apple-downgrades-macbook-video-drm

DRM that caters to Bluray disks. (The article focused on Windows and said that MacOS would do the same thing subsequently.)
arstechnica.com/apple/2007/08/aacs-tentacles/

Apple Jails

iOS, the operating system of the Apple iThings, is a jail for users. That means it imposes censorship of application programs.
boingboing.net/2010/04/02/why-i-wont-buy-an-ipad-and-think-yo.html

Apple has used this power to censor all bitcoin apps for the iThings.
boingboing.net/2014/02/07/apple-yanks-last-remaining-bit.html

Apple, in the iThings, pioneered the practice of general purpose computers that are jails, and the term comes from iThing users, who referred to escaping from the censorship as “jailbreaking.”

Here is an article about the code signing that the iThings use to jail the user.
weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2008/03/07/code-signing-and-you/

Curiously, Apple is beginning to allow limited passage through the walls of the the iThing jail: users can now install apps built from source code, provided the source code is written in Swift. Users cannot do this freely because they are required to identify themselves. Here are details.

While this is a crack in the prison walls, it is not big enough to mean that the iThings are no longer jails.

More examples of Apple's arbitrary and inconsistent censorship.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/11/papers-please-game-ipad-nude-body-scans

Apple Tyrants

Apple arbitrarily blocks users from installing old versions of iOS.
9to5mac.com/2014/12/01/ios-8-1-signing-window-closed/

The iThings are tyrant devices: they do not permit installing a different or modified operating system. There is a port of Android to the iThings, but installing it requires finding a bug or “exploit” to make it possible to install a different system.
web.archive.org/web/20150721065208/http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Status

>itoddler trying to shill his fruity toddler toy running at 1136x640 compared to a real phone at non-eyecancer resolutions

It's exactly the same as every other phone except locked down as Fuck.

Why the fuck would I want one? All it has are disadvantages.

/thread

This and I don't know why

Hey now.

I will tomorrow, have a se coming In the mail :)
Lel, I've never owned an iphone always been an android user. Have owned a note 4 for the past 3-2 years. Had to get it replaced midway through because I dropped and broke it. Has a defect with the camera where it will take literally 1-2 minutes for the front facing camera to focus. Did some research online and I'm not the only one who's ran into this issue. It's apparently a hardware issue and the only way around it is to either get your camera replaced or to hit your phone with the palm of your hand to focus the camera. What really posses me off is that BOTH of my note 4's have had this fucking issue. I've also noticed a shit ton of bugs and shit on android devices over the years and touchwiz is ugly as all fuck. Finally decided to switch to an iphone. The software just seems so much smoother. I opted for the SE because I've grown tired of the impracticality of using a big as phone like mine all the time. Would have waitied for the iphone 7 but didn't look like the were gonna be releasing one with a 4 inch display so fuck it. My only regret is getting the ugly as space grey one.