Why is AMD so hated? I got a 390 and i havent had a problem with it, everything runs fine...

why is AMD so hated? I got a 390 and i havent had a problem with it, everything runs fine, the ingame temps stay at about 55-65, it cools off relatively fast

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Idd32nyf1pc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_Fast
twitter.com/AnonBabble

390 puts off twice as much heat as a 970 for the same performance. Basically very inefficient and the drivers are also shit compared to Nvidia.

I don't see a problem with the heat, I think those temps are decent, and I just installed what was in the box, everything runs rather nice

Because game kiddies don't know about anything other than
>muh fps

The 970 doesn't run at sub 30ºC. Energy consumption is a meme, too.

All you should care about when buying mid-high/high end GPUs are actual capabilities. Anything else is bonus. Fact is, 390 and 970 are pretty much even on every game, or the 390 pulls ahead slightly. Furthermore, the 390 has much better computing capabilities, more RAM, and very likely much better DX12 support in the future. Unless you could get a 970 for like $50+ cheaper than a 390, there's no reason to ever get one. In fact, just the 3.5GB meme is enough reason to never want to get one to begin with. Buying shit that's broken by default is just retarded.

Idle temps

SHILLS
H
I
L
L
S

really, shills, that's why.

they're everywhere. even on amd's very own forums shitposting. from the /amd subreddit on reddit, to overclock.net, to /g.

for the longest time it was mostly intel vs amd. but with the war between the two becoming relaxed, the shills needed a new war. so they took the battle between nvidia and ati (now amd) and ramped it up for the lulz. they gain twisted satisfaction, near orgasmic, from shitposting. many of the nvidia shills never touched an amd card before. they simply hate amd for not being nvidia. they find any excuse, even issues affecting nvidia themselves, and amplify it out of proportion while simultaneously ignoring their very own issues.

>pic related
your average nvidia shill

>The 970 doesn't run at sub 30ºC
No, you dumbo, your temps aren't the same as your heat output. Just because your cooler is blowing the heat away doesn't mean that it's not being generated in large amounts and won't turn your poorly cooled room into a sauna.

Idk about yours, but my MSI 390 enters its no fan mode when its temps drop below 60 degrees, so that's where it's going to be at even under minimal loads, such as videos.

>many of the nvidia shills never touched an amd card before

Actually most people buy AMD initially because of the low price and high benchmarks. They convert to NVIDIA after realizing how much better the support is.

mine has an always running fan, I think I saw a setting somewhere

Reminder than AMD supports Islam. Buy the Haram product brothers.

better than supporting the Nvidia Jews

That shit pissed me off so much.
100% triggered never touching an AMD product again.

0.002 has been deposited into your account and here is your complementary youtube video:
youtube.com/watch?v=Idd32nyf1pc

>>now sit back and watch the nvidia shills flowing in to bash amd left and right while caressing each others cocks for one massive circlejerk and watching my posts get 3 - 10 replies back from nvidia shills.

Did you see the time they said Merry Christmas too? Holy shit how horrifying

>Comparing Christmas to Ramadan.

Hahahahahahahaha fuck off retard.

>living in the literal jungle or desert, enough to complain about your room being hot
Lmao, will africans ever learn

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_Fast

???

Which one is the once-a-year religious celebration for an Abrahamic religion?

That's probably because it's those fps that matter when it comes to consumer grade GPUs.

live on comrade, enjoy your superior async, dx12 and vulkan with no worries of gimping on future titles. Nvidia rushing their product line because they know they will be shit later on and make profit before it comes to it.

That isn't Christmas you dumbfuck.

Ramadan is sharia bullshit where cops legally ticket you for drinking water in public in the desert because its daytime. You will literally get pulled over harassed and possible get your ass beaten for drinking coffee.

Christmas is a holiday, not a fucking penance for being alive.

>chinks
>jews

thank you tovarich

>won't turn your poorly cooled room into a sauna
i've had a full AMD rig before, and this has a never happened before. stop spouting lies. did you also forget about the fermi housefire days, fucking shill?

Christmas is absolutely a penance for being alive, it's full of all sorts of traditional punish yourself bullshit. The traditions and beliefs have a lot of similarity.

The difference is that it is enforced in many countries, but that's not really the holiday's fault is it? Sounds more like you have a problem with shitty third world countries. Christmas is equally oppressive in shitty african hellholes.

Dropped... No, seriously. I might just buy Nvidia next time.

No its not even remotely similar.
You leave cookies and milk out for santa and open gifts.
You are fucking delusional, ramadan is bullshit.

Islam is a terrorist mass-murder religion that threatens the existence of my country.

Ramadan is awesome. It separates the men from the boys. I am guessing this is why you are so bitter.

>lol those tumblr retards so easily offended
>OH MUH GOD,AMD A CORPORATION WITH A LOT OF INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS JUST WISHED SOME OF THOSE CUSTOMERS A HAPPY RAMADAN

I'm actually a proponent of fasting and its health benefits.

I just hate Ramadan and other similar Muslim based cancers.

I will pray (to Allah) for you. Salam.

Happy Ramadan. Oh look another terrorist attack.

>You leave cookies and milk out for santa and open gifts.

No it isn't, that has nothing to do with Christmas at all. That's the pagan holiday Yule with some weird european christanization.

spotted the Sup Forums edgelords, who fucking cares what religion someone is? jfc

ramadan is bullshit.

Islam is not a religion, it's politics.

terrorism doesn't have a religion m8

You should care unless you want sharia. Its a political threat on your freedom.

not going to happen unless you live in a cucked country like sweden or germany who doesn't regulate immigration.

Its the goal of every devout Muslim to spread sharia law and lie about it.

You don't ignore shit like that you need to be vocal about opposing it.

This is why I support NVIDIA a company which doesn't back Islamic terrorism.

good goy. support your greatest ally!

Why the fuck do you think we give Israel so much money? They are basically a buffer between europe and radical Islam.

You guys would be fucked over there if we didn't support them.

I bet you are Canadian.

kys. they're the reason why we're in this fucking mess

That's fucking hilarious.

Israeli troops have killed more muslim terrorists than every other nation combined.

i bet you think hamas are terrorists too

Hamas are terrorists

Any military run by Muslim clerics is a terrorist organization.

>uses already fixed problems as references
It's like you're not even trying.

this.

Bullshit it doesn't asshole.

K

Go back now

390 is a rebranded 290 being sold at a premium that's putting out twice as much heat as a 970 and you'll be getting worse drivers than you would on a 970.

Plus you better hope you have an i7 cause driver overhead isn't a meme

I'm actually covered under the Law of Return so I technically could if I wanted to.

XD

Sup Forums my gpu (amd 5830, kek) finally ate shit

What is my best bet for $250-300?

I need to purchase soon, i.e. it can't be out of stock

pls send help

>rx480
>gtx1060
>used 980ti or fury x
>rx470
in that order

>won't turn your poorly cooled room into a sauna.

well, I don't live in a mud hut so I don't have that problem

t. 7970/280x owner.

will all of those be able to hang with a 750 watt PSU?

windows 7 x64 drivers all good?

I heard memes about the 480 shrekking motherboards due to high power draw

390 is a good card if you get it cheap enough. Recommended my flatmate get it for $500 NZD. He's been happy with it. Its supposed to be as powerful as the RX 480.

>will all of those be able to hang with a 750 watt PSU
pls no bait, it's late and I'm tired

literally no single GPU card uses 500w, let alone 750w

They dont even wish to compete in the high-end anymore. They don't push boundaries.

not bait, the memes just had me scared about power draw shrekking the mobo

newegg says all out of stock, any other sites to try?

fucking bitcoin miners

>Not shorting nvidia

US I assume?

only other sites I can think of are NCIX, Amazon, or MicroCentre, or maybe Fry's?

and yeah 480 has some problems, but I'm pretty sure they're fixed now

Yup US. I was hoping to have it in time for DE:MD but I guess waiting for the improved (non-reference) ones would be smarter

you could always grab a used card off Craigslist for $50-100 to hold you over

Tell that to the nvidiots that keep parroting "muh dead motherboards xDD"

>source: my anus

True, any decent ones with 4gb vram for that price?

for $100? 7950 and 7970 are both 3gb cards and there's probably a few around

if you're lucky, you MIGHT be able to find a r9 290/290x for $150, but a 290x is similar to 470/480 in performance, so you wouldn't need to upgrade past that

if you're in the mood to get cucked, you can probably find a 4gb 960...

I'm in love with my RX470, desu. Best card I've ever owned.

>driver problems are a meme
>heat problems are a meme
>now even power consumption is a meme

There is no reason to not consider both companies even especially with their recent offerings. Buy the product that best suits your personal needs.

/thread

Jet.com had some 470s and 480s at really decent prices. I got my 470 for $168 shipped.

I'm assuming same poster, but either way: why did you pick a 470 over a 480? don't you think you'll regret not having 8gb vram in a year, all other things being the same?

I play at 1080p and would be bottlenecked by my CPU with a 480 so it'd be overkill for my needs. If I decide to upgrade when Zen finally drops, I'll probably do a full rebuild shortly after anyways. I don't think it'll be a hard card to resell any time soon. And like I said it was dirt cheap thanks to some Jet discounts.

Funnily enough I sent my R9 390 back and should be getting it back tomorrow. I had black screen crashes with the most jarring noises after, and it would crash if I were running a high quality game to when watching youtube. I'm glad some 390s don't have this defect, because I could imagine a big project being lost due to a gc crash.

well, a 470 and 480 are very similar, so I see both sides

but most reviews I've seen have said that the difference in performance between the two is the same as the cost difference, and that they recommend you spend the extra few bucks for 8gb of vram

My 470 costed $168. An 8gb 480 runs for around $250-$280. If there were a comparable deal for the 480, I might've jumped on it.

Heh

Oh, and I got the MSI 470. So it has a very nice cooler and after an over clock outperforms the reference 480.

OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN

I have a 390x and really like it. Idles at about 31c generally, and under load I've never seen it go above 60c. Most of the time when I game it stays anywhere from 35-50c.

Never had driver issues, the Vram is nice for modding with large texture packs, and I see it lasting me for year to come.

> to overclock.net

Actually OCN is fine.

It used to be better in like 2011-2012

but then Sup Forums memers fucking ruined it

I'd had never seen someone called a shill on OCN till about a year ago and I know who I have to thank for ruining one of the best tech sites on the net

Cheers Sup Forums

GTX 960 4GB would probably be your best bet at that price. Possibly maybe a 970 if you're lucky.

during winter amd cards are the best

>SEASONAL VIDEOCARDS

Question: Someone is selling an used gtx 760 for 75 burgers. I'm planing to buy it, then, after I save some more, I'll go for the Radeon RX 460, then use the other one on my old computer. It is worth it?

the thing is
youre getting 55- 65 because youre using a 1080p monitor thats not even 60Hz
if you were actually pushing the card youd be getting more along the lines of 75C-80C maybe even higher because its xfx
run msi afterburner and youll see that your card isnt even being pushed to 100% gpu usage in most of the games that keep you at those temps

t. sapphire r9 390 owner

I bought an rx480 8gb
it's pretty neat

Remove the "r"

I bought a bull for my wife too, she really likes it along with her son.

Don't ever talk to me, or my wifes graphics card again