Wp thread

what does Sup Forums think about windows phone?

Pic related is the nokia lumia 640 XL, I'm thinking about getting one.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/skype-windows-microsoft-phone-android,32293.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lack of content but works for most normies

No fucking apps.
A first gen iPhone would be better.

>No fucking apps.
Nor fucking updates.

I've had a 1520 for a little over 2 years now. It's a really good phone. I feel the only thing that really hinders it is the lack of apps as well as app updates. It's a shame, really.

Loved my lumia 930, replaced it for a z5c it was a little bit of everything that pissed me off in the end beautiful phone the 930 , but every update something would break like the dialer or the phonebook it got frustrating

I don't think I've ever met anyone who has ever used one.

Me and my wife used to see them in T-Mobile and the few customers that EVER looked at them seemed to openly dismiss them or wonder what the pint was. Now they just aren't there anymore.

I guess my thoughts are the same as most people...I don't really care.

Microsoft / HTC fucked the platform (further) by not offering W10 for the M8 Windows. Now I have a choice. I can either run W10 on a Lumia 735, or W8.1 on a M8. Then there's Verizon's hate for the platform.

But the API unification is 99% complete, so now it's just an option of choosing to allow the Windows 10 app to run on the phone.

Looking forward to either an HP Elite X3 or Lumia 950XL and something other than Verizon.

What do you mean ?
I get more updates from Microsoft on my Lumia 950 than I ever did from Google on my Nexus 4.

Bought a Lumia 640 LTE to use in the UK when I go there from America
Can you root these things?
I'd like to remove all these AT&T apps

>Can you root these things?
Maybe. Look for interop unlock for your device and you'll find out.

even less apps supported now.
Can't upgrade to win 10 and alot of apps stopped supporting win 8 phones

t. 530 nokia lumia user.

get lagdroid at least it has nice apps

Did you guys get pokemon go?

no...or at least not yet. Some fags at r/windowsphone are making a petition on Change.org
go figure how its going

Pokemon? No thanks.
I own android device + 2 windows phones.

lumia 640, got one becasue it was cheap.

it handles basic tasks totally fine

>Lack of content but works for most normies
Wrong, we rolled them out at my workplace and its nothing but endless amount of petty bitching because "I can't use it" "It's a piece of shit" "I want my iPhone back"

had one good phone but not much up so i gonna replaceit whit an android phone in the future
and a classmate of my have one 640 xland an other an 650

530 didn't get W10 either?

520 user here.

>hey let's create another mobile ecosystem for developers to worry about (or in reality, completely ignore)

This is the end of Windows Phone isn't it? They haven't release a phone this year. The 650 is just a rehash of the 640.

It was dead from the beginning, user.
This post made possible by a 640. Holy fuck, kill me now.

All my family but me has been on Windows Phone for more than five years without problems, with cheapo HTC and Lumia models.

Fast forward to Windows 10, and after being disappointed that the update won't be happening for the existing 512MB RAM models, decided to purchase a set of cheap $250 Android devices.

In less than six months all devices are rendered unusuable, either by hardware issues or wonky Android updates.

Now they're all back using their old WP devices and here I am wondering what's the next step. I'll probably get the cheapest WP10 devices I can get and stick with them until Microsoft decides to fuck us all again.

I got a Lumia 720 three years ago. Still works perfectly. Very resistant, good screen, small enough. I don't bother with customization and all that stuff, I just want something that works, and it does.
But Microsoft is shitting all over it, no apps, no updates, blocking updates for older devices...
Mine can't update to W10, the app store has no new stuff, and my power button is starting to fail sometimes.
Guess what? When it breaks, I'll buy something else.

Replaced my 1520 with a Priv 2 weeks ago, the Lumia was better. Now that they don't have the old design anymore with the round edges I didn't see a reason to stick with Windows Phone. Never missed any apps besides Pokemon Go.

Fuck I was actually gonna switch to android soon. I guess you can't win no matter what phone you have.

tomshardware.com/news/skype-windows-microsoft-phone-android,32293.html

>Skype To End Support For Older Versions Of Android And Windows (Updated)

>Skype announced that it would end support for some Windows-based smartphones and older versions of Android.

>Pre-Windows 10 smartphones, such as Windows version 8.0 and 8.1, and all Android devices with Android 4.02 or older, will no longer be supported by Skype as of October.

Not even Windows give a fuck about their mobile OS anymore. Even picking up Windows 10 Mobile at this point is suicide.

>Skype To End Support For Older Versions Of Android And Windows (Updated)

Learn to read dickbag... They're ending support for skype on older versions of Windows Mobile, not windows 10 mobile. Who cares.