This opens the auction file in the NSA/The Equation Group hack

This opens the auction file in the NSA/The Equation Group hack..

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/rdYpc
zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-15/mysterious-group-hacks-nsa
motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-hack-nsa-linked-equation-group
mega.nz/#!zEAU1AQL!oWJ63n-D6lCuCQ4AY0Cv_405hX8kn7MEsa1iLH5UjKU
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:owtq6OBSmgEJ:https://theshadowbrokers.tumblr.com/ &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk
riskbasedsecurity.com/2016/08/the-shadow-brokers-lifting-the-shadows-of-the-nsas-equation-group/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uauGkDjT-m8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

proof?

tinfoils and retards RPing James Bond

Sup shill, how much are you guys getting paid nowadays?

This is legit, this thread deserves more attention.
A mysterious hacker group by the name “The Shadow Brokers” claims to have hacked the Equation Group - a government cyberattack hacking group associated with the NSA, and released a bunch of the organization's hacking tools. The hackers are also asking for 1 million bitcoin (around $568 million) in an auction to release more files.

“Attention government sponsors of cyber warfare and those who profit from it!!!!” the hackers wrote in a manifesto posted on Pastebin, on GitHub, and on a dedicated Tumblr.

In February 2015, Ars Technical dubbed The Equation Group "the most advanced hacking operation ever uncovered." According to Kasperky, the "Equation Group" is a threat actor that surpasses anything known in terms of complexity and sophistication of techniques, and that has been active for almost two decades." While Kaspersky Lab stopped short of saying it’s the NSA, its researchers laid out extensive evidence pointing to the American spy agency, including a long series of codenames used by the Equation Group and found in top secret NSA documents released by Edward Snowden. The Equation Group, according to Kaspersky Lab, targeted the same victims as the group behind Stuxnet, which is widely believed to have been a joint US-Israeli operation targeting Iran’s nuclear program, and also used two of the same zero-day exploits.

FULL TEXT: archive.is/rdYpc

zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-15/mysterious-group-hacks-nsa

>the auction file

Don't understand.

I saw the auction offered free proof giveaways, what "auction file" gets opened by the hash?

motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-hack-nsa-linked-equation-group

DL of files github censored
mega.nz/#!zEAU1AQL!oWJ63n-D6lCuCQ4AY0Cv_405hX8kn7MEsa1iLH5UjKU

PW: theequationgroup

Nope, tried it, converted to acii and utf8
not it
Now.. What the fuck does this do?
#!/bin/bash
#
# ELBA.sh - Interface to the ELBA program.
#

#
# If we don't have the executable then go no further.
#
if [ ! -e ELBA ]
then
echo "Can't find executable: ELBA"

exit 1
fi

#
# Print a usage message and exit.
#
usage() {
echo "usage: $0 version [ options ]"

echo "Currently supported versions:"
echo " v3.2.100.010"
echo " v3.3.001.050"
echo " v3.3.002.021"
echo " v3.3.002.030"
echo " vTEST"

./ELBA

echo "Ignore the \"-a\" option. This script inserts the address."

exit 1
}

if [ $# -eq 0 ]
then
usage
fi

case $1 in
v3.2.100.010)
HEAPADDR=0x083f6d40
;;

v3.3.001.050)
HEAPADDR=0x0849bd78
;;

v3.3.002.021)
HEAPADDR=0x0821e778
;;

v3.3.002.030)
HEAPADDR=0x0821e778
;;

vTEST)
HEAPADDR=0x083f4780
;;

*)
echo "Unknown version: $1"
usage
;;
esac

#
# We have the address to use off the command line so shift out the version.
#
shift

#
# Execute the command with all the specified options. Note the $@ MUST BE
# QUOTED to work correctly.
#
./ELBA -a $HEAPADDR "$@"

echo "ELBA exit status: $?"

Somebody please tell them about GitGud.io

It is just a wrapper for ELBA in the same directory, where is the rest?

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:owtq6OBSmgEJ:https://theshadowbrokers.tumblr.com/ &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Woah, this is some shit. Wouldn't want to get involved in matters of state, sure way of getting one piping hot suicide for free.

riskbasedsecurity.com/2016/08/the-shadow-brokers-lifting-the-shadows-of-the-nsas-equation-group/

You should lay of mass effect for a while, you are startig to confuse and mishmash reality and game

> 5 August 2016
you forgot to add the leading "1"

ELBA looks to be a binary
I'm throwing everything into IPFS atm

so using gpg -d on the "free" file seems to do something, but I'm too much of a noob to know why it's just printing gibberish to the terminal.

help

theequationgroup

EBLA folder on ipfs:
Qmf9MvPSg4X RK61iAvsnNq8vKGXMnb7 dFWUmc5X6FUoFGc

Edit:
Why do you think my post is spam Sup Forums?

>Why I want auction files, why send bitcoin? A: If you like free files (proof), you send bitcoin. If you want know your networks hacked, you send bitcoin.
This is written by a 14 year old

nope :/

Encrypted?

Snowden's code, but backwards.

Also sounds a bit Chinese to me

it works on the other one.

No, decrypted (at least the released items)
Ipfs hash of the whole archive:
QmPAeJsZDo79e5R U6pFa4G6XzRJ3Qi972aD Wm1poHD4BbK

And once fucking again Sup Forums is bitching to me about spam fucking jap moot cock sucker

tried backwards and forwards

oops just noticed the space, fuck
ill try again

>Ars Technical

Holy fuck, don't play with that. Burning my hard drive now.

Fucking extreme
The man has been killed

and by whom I wonder

Thanks!
How do I open the OUT file?

tar

bump

nvm, renamed to .rar and it works

Well that was fun, now just gonna let it sit on my hd as I have no use for it =)

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Considering the naming conventions of the files, it's a safe bet that we'll never get the key for the auction file, considering whoever is releasing this is most likely auctioning it off. the free file is presumably a sampler.

Is this bigger than the HackingTeam leak?

>implying banks don't have daily offline backups

>targeting cisco
so, uh, doing their job? are you trying to say that that spies shouldn't be allowed or something?

What sounds more likely: that the NSA stops spying so all other spies stop spying, or that all other spies are spying, but they are statistically likely to use cisco networking equipment so all spies need to be good at getting where the information is

Sup Forums once again comes up with completely hyped b8
OMG CAN'T BELIEVE NSA GOT H4X0D! OMG THIS IS HUGE
OMG I WAS THERE WHEN IT ALL HAPPENED.
Imagine being that reporter who runs the story on all this and the gets sacked when it turns out it was all garbage

why is pol such a double digit iq board

this is not going to do anything to the "NSA".

the worth of the NSA, their equity, is in their ability to continue to innovate and do the best applied mathematics to crack the hardest problems.

These are just products of those efforts, but they are not the life essence of the NSA. they'll be able to make more, and better.

Their essence is mathematics.

Are you saying that mathematics is a crime?

Who is your employer?

Oh sweet child. Those backups are comprised.

you never think. you believe you think, but you do not think. if you thought, you would realize how close to an idiot you sound every time you think you're thinking about conspiracy theories.

Is performing applied mathematics a crime?

How would they compromise properly set up back up system?

Because it's all hype.

It can be.

Mathematics is haram.

fuck off you muslim luddite

>says the guy who's never taken a class above calculus

So, mathematics is codified common sense, because it all just a combination of axioms, or things which are true to anyone with any sense at all.

Are you saying that common sense should be illegal, according to you? Is that really what you believe?

anyone sandboxed any *.exe?

If they receive an update, if some $15 an our peasant brought in his thumb drive to watch his bootleg game of thrones episode, it's all fucked...for example.

Any bureaucracy is chalk full of walmart tier door greeters.

Nah I just run them as admin, what could go wrong?

>Reporter getting sacked for reporting garbage that generates hits
In what world are you living?

Yeah but no generally speaking it's always been a federal crime to deprive someone else of their things or work illicitly
Intent to harm types of shit

Mathematics can be used to commit a crime, get over it.

This just confirms Sup Forums is retarded and does not understand technology (beyond their video games) and backup/safety routines.

Are you implying that Donald Trump eating chicken with silverware isn't worthy of a Pulitzer? That shit was riveting. CNN dedicated 8 hours to it. Truly ground breaking stuff.

heroes only to losers with zero ability to understand and appreciate what they are doing. no comprehension of applied statistical analysis, decision science, or cryptography.

enemies of the people: wikileaks

ITT: m.youtube.com/watch?v=uauGkDjT-m8

>t. NSA

This thread stinks of cia niggers.

the nsa did literally nothing wrong. if you knew anything about real mathematics you'd think the same because it would be obvious to you.

Lay off the Adderall , faggot. No matter how much ass you kiss, you'll never work for the NSA and your master "skillz" will be forever confined to hacking mainframes at Geek Squad.

Now put down the script, dump the rest of your mountain dew, and go to bed.

I never realised NSA bots ran this site.

Anonymouth.

Are you retarded or is this sarcasm? Forcing companies to install back doors into every product to spy on the American public and store that data in Utah, was illegal and highly unethical. To lie in court was another can of worms.

Sup Forums was compromised by FBI long, long, long time ago.

i just wanna make computers fast, dude. not everyone shares my passion, but it's just so hard for me to remember exactly how little people understand about mathematics (they probably think computing answers is real math). it's not about computing an answer, it's about identifying the right variables.

the nsa is simply the best at what they do. look, i'm not here to try to teach ten years of education to a couple of arrogant dunce caps in a few paragraphs what real math means. and this is probably gonna be the last time i give you the time of day, so before i sign off just know that the ability to learn is there, but the willingness to learn is a choice.

It's most probably a bot.

That is another issue. But botposting on Sup Forums, seriously?

lol people just jump to the conclusion that has the right "truthiness" feel to it, just enough edgy "sting" to feel good and contrarian, but if they look at the data there is less than a 0.002% that you are right, but you'll act like you have a 70.0% chance of being right

NSA here.
WikiLeaks is bad. Snowden is bad. We're good.
Nothing is compromised. Everything is cool.

Yeah, and I've got some winning stocks investments I want to sell to you.

What tipped you off, the captcha?

stop doing illegal mathematics

This guy is Sup Forums as fuck.

m'lord

ah, right. fat angsty losers with low levels of skill. irrelevant. harmless.

Why's Jacksepticeye in hiding?

>tfw certain combinations of 1s and 0s are illegal if you're not the NSA

You're retarded. All the math in the world isn't going to make a commodore 64 run fast, it's in the physical properties of the system itself, faggot. This is where physics and chemistry combine. Some double digit autist that read about game theory from Wikipedia and dropped out of community college, isn't going to make a goddamn difference overall.

You probably solved quadratic equating once and think you're the fucking rain man of numbers. Either way, you're wrong and just retarded.

>Posting Hope Solo
Back to Sup Forums

Sup Forums supports emojis now?

Forgot to include engineering. Chemistry, physics, engineering are the bottlenecks. Not some homo with diabetes that crunches numbers.

Someone get me a stick, I'm gonna chase this fat fuck off the playground.

way way way bigger

Not as big as the free token generator on chaturbate, though...right?

Sup Forums right now

Y

your browser does

>$568 million will tank the economy worth trillions of dollhairs

OK

:^(