You wake up and find yourself in the body of Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, the CEO of Nokia, The date is June 23...

You wake up and find yourself in the body of Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, the CEO of Nokia, The date is June 23, 2010 - one day before the introduction of the iPhone 4.

Your goal is to save Nokia from its ultimate downfall.

You notice a recommendation of the board to invite a veteran in the industry called Stephen Elop, What do you do?

stock android
metal unibody

Buy a shitton of Ericsson stock.

This tb.h

And make it yet another OEM that has no features to differentiate themselves like Blackberry or all the other used-to-be giants

Fill my pockets up and buy a mansion on a beach, a rolls royce phantom and a lamborghini reventon and jack off all day for the rest of my life

>and actually sell phones

one day to save nokia before the release of iphone 4?
just adopt android and profit.

Yes samsung has 95% of android profits, what is your point?

nokia had the best hardware for the buck, especially cameras, so they would have been the top android dog. also n9 (linux) was well received and elop scuttled that line of phones for no reason other than to get a deal with microsoft.

I grab my hot Finnish-Latvian wife, hop in my Ferrari, and get road head.

Nokia had a big name bavk them it was ZHE PHONE while samsung was the cheap shit phone

But nokia fucked up

>Keep releasing under the Nokia brand name, advertise windows phones as efficient and target them at business men and old people, with metal builds and quality components.
>retain dumb phone market share in growing markets.
>Buy or start another company.
>Start manufacturing droids under new company, low, mid, and high end devices.
>Some with slide out physical keyboards, some phablets with narrow bezels, and some sub 5 inches yet very capable.
>???
>Profit.

Their pride and inability to diversify was their downfall, by the time they gave in it was too late.

This

Lol you can't, the only way to save nokia is to merge with Apple or Samsung. Or buyouts whole apple and Samsung.

How do you press enter on a phone?

Hi Olli, how you doin man? Still banging that blonde bitch from the lingerie catalog from that party?

how was the stock situation against Apple for example? Was Nokia at its strongest before Apple released the iPhone?
If it were possible, embracing, extending, extinguishing Apple or any vital/important engineering/design department they had at the moment.

make the indestructible phones that people have associated with the nokia brand

>falling for the indestructible 3310 meme

the day before the iPhone 4 comes out is too late. this is like waking up and hearing that an earthquake has just happened in the middle of the ocean and now your job is to prepare for a tsunami. you're fucked, retard.

every company has several iterations in the pipeline at once. when the iPhone 4 was announced, they 99.99999% assuredly had the 4S and the 5 in the works. if you were at the head of Nokia, spinning up R&D quickly enough to compete with a device that's a day away from formal announcement would be impossible.

Invest in a linux-based OS to go against Android and Sailfsih

Focus on becoming the nokia of hardware development for software.

Let's face it, Nokia makes strong, durable, lasting, and even stylish phones. If only they had the same talent in the software dep.

I'd try to find some underling to blame and if not I'd shoot myself

>2010
What is sailfish?

And we already have meego, we should keep it.

>Sailfsih
wasn't the guy making Sailfish single handed one a guy that worked at Nokia in the first place?

its not a meme, dropped mine a long time ago out the window of a 5 story build and it still worked after that

>Meego
>nowhere to be seen

>Sailfish
>my obscure linux wayland phone only available in Europe

It's 2010, it's not too late to start an OS. At that point android was still in shitty ICS.

I obviously poo in the loo

>implying gingerbread wasn't peak android
>implying they didn't start removing features and adding botnet in honeycomb to make it "simpler"

what these faggots who were literal babbys when these phones came out do not know is the 3310 was actually not that strong compared to phones that existed along with it. The 5110 was THE absolute strongest. I owned a 3310 and its screen got rekt 2 years into ownership. The 3210 was sturdier than the 3310 anyway.

keep making those god-tier S40 dumbphones
drop S60
stock android + exclusive nokia apps (HERE Maps, etc) + nokia build quality for mainstream smartphones
keep developing Maemo/Meego as a serious PC replacement OS for high-end phones and tablets

easy