Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are all getting forced spyware

Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are all getting forced spyware.

arstechnica.com/business/2016/08/windows-7-8-1-moving-to-windows-10s-cumulative-update-model/

>October 2016's Patch Tuesday will see the release of the first Monthly Rollup for Windows 7 and 8.1. This will be a single package delivering all of the security and reliability improvements released that month.

Prapare your butts.

I have automatic updates turned off for windows 7 and have manually removed the uninstalled spyware tier updates that they push to your computer automatically trying to get you to install them.

From now on there is no way to get security only patched for end users. It's all or nothing

Then don't update
you will never get a virus if you are not a moron

My windows VM has no internet

butt status: 91.2% prepared

>ubuntu
>nor arch
lmao install arch and you'll learn how to use linux properly instead of forever being a babby

kill yourself

>B-BUT I CAN """DISABLE""" IT!

Every fucking time. Keep trusting them and providing me entertainment.

arch is for people who like linux a lot
i'm not sure i even like computers

i dont give a fuck, all of my windows systems already have 100% all patches installed and there is literally nothing anyone can post that will make me consider uninstalling them. no amount of MUH TELEMETRY parroting will bring anything to the table

this

i turned all updates off

literally kill yourself

Congratulations, you're proud of being ignorant and unintelligent.

it also says they'll be seperate security only updates so stop the doom and gloom

this only affecte idiots

Why the fuck do you faggots still have updates enabled?

>monitor my network
>set up appropriate blocks on my router's firewall
>never have to worry about "telemetry" again

>mfw Sup Forums is too fucking stupid to configure their router properly

something makes me think you're "router" is shitty enough that it couldnt even store enough rules

Why are you even putting router in quotes?

>an arbitrary attacker can do what the fuck he wants with my computer because I don't care about security
you are way to stupid to use a computer

because what you have is likely a shitbox. lets see a screenshot of your ACL page faget

Kek. Were you seriously unaware that you could set up your router firewall to block basic telemetry? Please, leave Sup Forums. Even the average router can use firewalls. There's no excuse.

Holy shit you're autistic

desu I wouldn't be surprised if all of the "help Sup Forums I got haxd with malware :-(" posts were from people who took advice from us and disabled security updates. People break their shit all the time here when they listen to "INSTALL BLEEDING-EDGE ROLLING RELEASE DISTROS ALL THE TIME" advice.

>I still cant read a post

If you don't care about updates that much, stay with Ubuntu. I switched to Arch long time ago especially for updates. A lot of aoftware in the Ubuntu repositories is outdated, even for an LTS version. You can add PPAs for some but you will not have the latest security and bug fixes. I had less problems with Arch than Ubuntu, Unity is laggy for my laptop and the latest Xubuntu version is buggy. I don't want to use other distro and I started to learn GIMP and Kdenlive. It's really nice. I hate the latest software, no spying, Xfce is a good DE and looks gorgeous with Arc-Darker + Compton + Paper. I love Linux man, I love it.

*have the latest software
Sorry

I'm not spoonfeeding you. Go to /sqt/.

>Fixes will only be available through the Monthly Rollup or security-only update.

how many times did this happen to you? you stupid fuck

You're an absolute autistic faggot

>disable updates
>everything still works fine

>leave updates enabled
>constantly bitch on g

Lol

Didn't all the seven, eight, eight point ones with automatic updates already get rickrolled into win 10?

basically, if you still have win 7 / 8, then you already have disabled auto-updates..?

Jokes on them, they already forced my computer to have Windows 10 so I'm all good.

I. Don't regret turning windows updates off 2 years ago

>user genuinely thinks traffic can be blocked from M$ that easily
Unless you're monitoring that shit 24/7, you're fucked.