Hello guys so I decided I don't want to get tracked by windows (the vision of sensitive info being sold to third party...

Hello guys so I decided I don't want to get tracked by windows (the vision of sensitive info being sold to third party seems disgusting to me).
So I'm here to ask you what type of OS should I download? I was thinking about some type of Linux but I really don't know what to stick with.

Also does downloading another OS stops Microsoft from tracking my info? Do I have to somehow unistall windows for it to happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Free.2FOpen_Source_Operating_systems_without_systemd_in_the_default_installation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchd
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

>Also does downloading another OS stops Microsoft from tracking my info?
Because you don't have microsoft spyware in your system

> Do I have to somehow unistall windows for it to happen?
Format hard disk and install Linux or BSD

>So I'm here to ask you what type of OS should I download?
Really depends on your needs. Check out distrowatch.com/

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

I'm looking for something where I can write docs, make presentations and browse web ... yet I want it to be as safe as possible and with enought space for personal customization

what did you pick

install le (le) gentoo (gentoo) _install it gentoo /gentooman/ install ___ systemd is a shit gentoo, install it gentoo

INSTALL ARCH

I FINALLY HAVE AN IDENTITY AS A PERSONA NOW THAT I DO NOT USE SYSTEMD AND AM GUERILLA FREEDOM FIGHTER AGAINST SYSTEMD
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!

Nothing yet, my friend recomended me Linux Mint, but I'm really not knowledgeable enought to know if it's a good choice ... that's why I'm here trying to get some good recomendations from people that actually understand what it's all about

you can do that on most linux distributions. as a beginner it might be nice to start somewhere where there's a lot of help, etc, because you're sure to run into some confusing stuff learning a new OS. that being said, i called my mom last night and she wouldn't come over and make me chicken nuggets so I had to eat toilet paper.

>(the vision of sensitive info being sold to third party seems disgusting to me).
Then make sure to stay clear of systemd distros, as they are heading the same way (slowly, but they'll most likely get there eventually). A good choice would be PCLinuxOS.

Kek

Systemd was pushed due to politics only and its ultimate goal, while still unclear, is pretty unsettling. If someone runs from Windows because of the reasons OP cited, he should also avoid the systemd cancer.

>VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!
It's Poettercuck and his followers who started a "revolution" for no good reason, those skeptical of his "svchost.exe for Linux" project are simply being conservative for all the good reasons.

systemctl disable faggot.service

I know very little about systemd and any possible variations would you care to explain ?, I'm just a pleb who sincerely hates that all his data are being tracked and sold to third parties. Is it really that hard to escape this shit!?

The claim that systemd tracks and sells your data is silly and should not be a consideration for a new user looking for a Linux OS to install. Sup Forums is probably not the best place to look for actual advice. I suggest reddit.com/r/linux4noobs. Or some place like that. That being said, I use Fedora. I use it for a lot of reasons but importantly because everything works out of the box with it on my laptop and that is not usually the case with other distros. I just install it and it works. With GNOME, default desktop. Seriously go though four chan is a horrible place to get advice it's all opinion based fickle nonsense here.

smash your computer, you're a total idiot

>The claim that systemd tracks and sells your data is silly
For now it doesn't, but it's an opaque borg-like structure which looks like the old "embrace, extend, extinguish" tactics being applied to Linux and which may not play out all that well in the end. For now, there's many systemd-free distros to choose from (including some more beginner-friendly ones like PCLinuxOS or Puppy): without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Free.2FOpen_Source_Operating_systems_without_systemd_in_the_default_installation

I see you guys don't like new things. Systemd is very useful for me, easy as fuck to use, I'm glad it exists. We don't live in the past anymore. If you don't want it, don't use it. I like it.

>Puppy
>beginner-friendly

not even ONE time

Anybody who comes from windows to Puppy will promptly vomit in their mouth and then reinstall windows

>you have to use chiclet keyboards because we don't live in the past
>you have to use a botnet smartphone because we don't live in the past
>you have to use fecesbook because we don't live in the past
>you have to upload all your shit to "the cloud" because we don't live in the past
>you have to use a systemd distro because we don't live in the past
>you have to use botnet10 because we don't live in the past
oh wait

lord autismo

I use Linux on my laptop and my desktop and I have a S3 with Cyanogenmod + freecyngn and no Gapps. Systemd is not something bad, I like how easy you can activate services and systemd-analyze is amazing. Try to appreciate things and not repeat memes.

lol. told you. Godspeed, OP

If it's so great, why don't the *BSDs adopt it?

>unironically implying there's literally nothing wrong with all the things listed

Not OP. I don't understand. Why this hate for Systemd? Do people hate Lennart or Systemd? I like what they are doing. I don't know how someone can think they are going to sell data. And you people wonder why Linux has problems : it's the users.

BSD has launchd, a shitty ripoff

>launchd first released in 2005, being a ripoff of systemd first released five years later
>launchd even being a BSD thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchd
>"A port to FreeBSD was done as part of Google Summer of Code Project in 2005 by R. Tyler Croy. It cannot be run as PID 1 (only a session init), and it is not commonly used on that platform.[6]"
>"Most Linux distributions use systemd or Upstart, or continue with init, and the BSDs also continue with init."

>I use Fedora. I use it for a lot of reasons but importantly because everything works out of the box with it on my laptop and that is not usually the case with other distros.
So how much do you miss listening to mp3 songs?

kek what, I knew fedora was bad but this takes the cake

The cake is a lie, faggot.

For me, Fedora looks like a pain in the ass. No AUR, no ppa, comes with GNOME by default which is the laggiest thing ever on my desktop and my laptop. The official repositories contains just free software which is not a good idea for new users. Ubuntu and Debian are much better choices.

if (cakeptr == NULL) {
puts("The cake is a lie.");
}

dunno where are you from, but usually it is a good measure to send an email and request them to remove all the collected data and you don't agree to handling your information anymore. In my country companies are allowed to keep some contact info, but otherwise they need to comply. OTOH you will have no idea whether they actually go along with it, more likely it is some kind of soft delete.

blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
>"Linux is becoming the thing that we adopted Linux to get away from."

>you will have no idea whether they actually go along with it
Obviously, so why even bother?

KDE5/Kinit/SystemD master race reporting.

OP go install KDE Neon and ignore NEETs

zero effort and it is the right thing to do. The same thing I pick up my trash.

I always request deleting my cv and stuff after not continuing with a company yet sometimes they come back to enquire about my availability. Then I send them a copy of my last email from years ago and cc to the appropriate government service. Sadly it makes no effect on them, such as living in the 2nd world, but at least they don't bother me with their shit.