Airflow question

So I ordered two new case fans to install in 3 possible places.
I need help deciding which is best to maximize airflow and minimize dust buildup
A: Install both of them sucking in fresh air from the roof. This would mostly help the graphics card I presume, but the maybe it would also passively cool the CPU temp since the rear top fan would be parallel to the Cpu heatsink
B: Install one at the rear cause it's parallel to the CPU cooler and cools both graphics card and pci wifi card, and install one sucking in fresh air from the bottom. Not quite sure about this one since both the PSU and the CPU cooler are fighting for fresh air already.

I'm aware this is OCD autist shit
Pic related is my case but without AIO

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=why does hot air rise
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pls respond.
I need to know. Building them in and out is such a pain in the ass

>blowing hot radiator air into your case
>good idea

Is this bait or is your shit sideway or inverted, this PSU placement looks retarded & gpu is at the top wtf is this fuck you op I'm just trying to get some sleep ffs get yr shit together and in the right way God damn

I don't have a radiator. It's just a picture of the mATX case I have
Basically i have space for two 120mm fans at the top instead of a radiator and one 120 at the bottom
wtf are you talking bout nigga

>wtf are you talking bout nigga

Not him but you do own a very retarded case.

Also note that your power supply will blow hot air down the bottom.
Normally it's nice to suck cool air up from the bottom, but in your case you will likely cycle the hot exhaust air from your PSU back into the case.
So I would place an exhaust fan at the bottom just to prevent that.

And do none of your fan openings have dust filters?

Your setup looks great, but like said, a bottom intake fan will suck in the hot air just coming out from the PSU.
Just leave it empty.
Remember to use fan filters for top intake fans.

To add on, fan filters should preferably be placed on top of the case so that you can just wipe the dust off the top of the case.

It's actually one of the best airflows in a SFF I've seen. It's obviously not ATX tower tier but my temps are decent even with only one case fan.
>So I would place an exhaust fan at the bottom just to prevent that.
Then there would be 2 fans + CPU fan fighting for air kek. Wouldn't it just be better to cover the placement?
>And do none of your fan openings have dust filters?
The roof has a mesh but I'll probably put another layer of stocking-material just in case.
So it's best if I have two intakes sucking in fresh air from the top?

Another pic of the case ( not my build)

Leave bottom fan slot empty. Follow the layout in your OP's pic. That mesh looks like a fan filter so I guess you don't have to worry about it sucking it dust.

>Unironically using tiny-ass meme cases

you've reached the philosophical fundamentals of airflow, that one may ponder upon in order to yield the physical exponents relative to the structure and flux under which forms are naturally transformed and induced upon the very nature of form blending into natural harmony

in otherwords, all you need to consider is this:

Physics law
hot air goes up, cool air goes down

you need to side with physics and don't go against it

both of your options, A and B aren't natural

you have the following options always around the same framework and structure pictured, no matter what case you have

A) intake from the front either bottom/mid or bottom/top, 1 case exhaust rear (the most logical choice)
B) 1 intake from below, 1 intake from the bottom or mid, 1 exhaust rear (favours GPU since the card has an exhaust on the side)
C) 1 intake on the front bottom, 2 on the top exhaust
(best cooling since larger surface and air goes directly on top)

In the event you have a radiator, it's best you always push out the electrostatically charged air (not pull in radiator air)

Check the side of your fans, you will see two arrows, one which way it spins, one the direction of the airflow. I would recommend to flip all fans, aka the fins should always spin upwards to push hot air out (see physics law), by preference.

Check the length of your fan connectors and if your motherboard has CHA_FAN 3 pin or 4 pin, 3 pin is direct current and 4 pin is PWM which dynamically adjusts, I'd recommend following the charge according to the pin of your fan but normally you can leave default settings.

>hot air goes up, cool air goes down
Fuck off retard. I'm tired of reading this meme, someone holds a Sup Forums airflow class or something so that people stop spewing this shit.

I just realized how retarded your case is, this is the other option anyway

you're making this more complicated than it is

>meme
lmgtfy.com/?q=why does hot air rise

>not posting the masterrace version

It's not my case but let me educate you. The kinetic energy caused by temperature difference (aka convection) between inside the air is probably in the order of microwatts if you considered the weight of the air in the case (weighing almost nothing). Meanwhile each fans pumps out on average 12V x 0.5A = 6W of kinetic power from electrical power. Fans will overwhelm any pathetic convection currents in a case. If fans tell the air to go down, it fucking goes down.

That still doesn't mean you should be a retard and go against the natural flow of air inside the enclosure of any air-cooled device though.

>kinetic power
>educating anybody when you don't even know that you're actually talking about kinetic energy
Don't even try to make excuses, nobody who is actually knowledgeable would ever make a mistake as basic as that.

Not that other guy.

But the air in your room at floor level is likely a few degrees colder than the air at desk level.

So it's quite reasonable to want to use the lowest air as intake and exhaust upwards where it won't cycle back into the case.

surface and electrostatic in vs out

op should just experiment it's always fair, noticed the case and didn't factor the volume

but usually I'd go with the experiment option when logic fails due to overwhelming constraints, it's fair

Hot air does want to rise but not with enough force to be significant for a computer that has fans. You could run your shit just the same with fans pushing air straight out the bottom of your case if you wanted to for some fucking reason. The only important thing is to make sure your airflow path HAS a direction and passes your heat-generating parts, one that your fans accommodate.

It depends on your case and where you actually need the air to flow.

On my custom loop system I have the the top fans as intake fans to blow down across the VRMs and CPU socket. Otherwise they would get very little airflow from the front intake fans.

You know you're fucking retarded when you have nothing to back you up except "the natural order of things" or "how things should be".
Let me give you a thought experiment. If you put your face close to a hot iron, do you feel a breeze blowing at you due to convection current? Now think about how much kinetic energy this generates, versus a fan, and think about the overwhelming difference in kinetic energy.

>op should just experiment it's always fair
B-but it's frustrating screwing in fans and removing them
ok thanks. If the temps aren't improving by much I guess I'll try the one intake at the bottoms since my PSU isn't really blowing out much hot air even at load

install one at the back so you can blow it out your arse.

Put a fan on every opening pointing outwards with no designated inflow. The closer you can get to a vacuum, the cooler things get! Probably!

that's a good way to keep anything that doesn't generate heat come, and get your gpu to 500 degrees. do the opposite and create a high pressure environment so the is more air in the case to absorb heat

>gets double dubs
>Not one highfive

No worries user, I noticed and give your dubdubs a nod.

That shit's upside down, right? I'm building an MITX case in the near future, and plan to have 2 140mm intakes on the bottom blowing air on the graphics card, with 1 140mm outflow on the back pulling from a DH-15. Should work, as long as you have your fans running at a sensible speed.

While we're talking about airflow, what can I do to deal with this problem.
Behind the GPU is my heatsink and fan
Right above said fan is the intake for the PSU
The PSU only goes one way
So the cooler draws air down and the PSU draws air up, meaning I have this dead space of air

If I point at fan at the ~7mm gap, will I get better temps?