How can Raspberry Pi even compete?

How can Raspberry Pi even compete?
This is a million years old single core Netbook that will soon get a 2GB RAM upgrade. I was blind, but know I can see. SBCs are shit. Or are they? Show me a SBC that can beat Intel Atom in performance without drawing more power and boiling.

cool story bro

You don't get raspberry pis for performance. You get them for the size

Orange Pi Plus 2

The point of SBCs has never been about being a day to day computer for normal use, at least not for me. They're useful because of the fact that they are fully capable computers in a small form factor and with easy access to GPIO, so they're great for various DIY projects where you want something more than some MCU but a full fledged PC isn't appropriate for the task.

For instance if you've got some project that requires network access and/or display output, it's going to be much easier to use a Pi, same goes if you need more performance/memory than what you can get on some MCU.

I've heard that their SATA port is a USB-SATA converter i.e. it's shit. Also, people on forums say that it overheats like crazy.

>The point of SBCs has never been about being a day to day computer for normal use
Yes it was. Raspberry Pi foundation was created to help children in III world countries get a computer.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buying a raspberry pi for the power

how's the GPIO?
oh wait, it has none

SBC?

any x86 SBC would be just as powerful if not more

I just realized that Intel does not support this GPU under Linux...
The fuck!

>240p stream

show me DVD quality video.

The A64?

can't you just use a USB one?

no, I can't

Installing Lubuntu 12.04 to get the video friver working

Latte panda can play hl2

>Raspberry Pi foundation was created to help children in III world countries get a computer.
No, I'm pretty sure the point was to teach children about computers/programming/electronics.

>he's trying to pull the raspberry pi into a benchmarking contest

If your netbook can stream 720p, supports hdmi and is below 35 dollars, I'm really interested

I have vga to hdmi converter.
Finally got gma3600 video driver to work under lubuntu 12.04. Wilp trst it later.

>Yes it was. Raspberry Pi foundation was created to help children in III world countries get a computer.
That was OLPC.

That feel when there is no modern laptop with a hand crank that runs on batteries to shitpost from the jungle.

ODROID XU4

You can buy the crank separately for the XO.

Single Board Computer

But the hardware is shit. It's 2016

> Exynos5422
Nah.
Maybe an 5433, 7420, or 8890.