What do you Sup Forumsentlemen use to sync your passwords across all devices?

What do you Sup Forumsentlemen use to sync your passwords across all devices?

a notebook with paper and pen

1. My password manager has built-in support for syncing. I use it with my own VPS - not because I care about syncing, but to serve as a form of backup

2. I don't sync my password database, I log in to my home machine remotely and access the password manager directly.

See pic related

master race

I don't use that many devices. Pc and phone but I don't use my phone to log in somewhere like.

my brain

Yes, yes, good goy - give up all your passwords to the cloud, and also arbitrary websites :^)

>use password manager for years with no problem
>one day it decides the master password is wrong
>i can assure you it's fucking correct.png
>just answer these security questions instead then
>all the answers are apparently wrong
>i've clearly forgotten where I was born or my wifes middle name
>never get back in

fuck that shit. pen and paper from then on

what password manager and how do you login to apps/websites when your password manager is remote? copy paste works?

>what password manager
passwordstore.org

>how do you login to apps/websites when your password manager is remote? copy paste works?
The same way I do it locally, except instead of running pass -c in a local shell I do it in a remote shell

My memory, because I'm not a fucktard.

What technique do you use?

How long does it take you to remember a 32-character string of completely random letters including numbers and symbols, and do you do this for every single website you sign up for?

i always fear this will happen so I export/backup every so often

>not just creating your own password manager

Cmon senpai step it up!!

no mobile device i assume?

Memorize the 32-character passwords in 8-character pieces. Eventually, you can seamlessly piece them together in an instant. Doesn't work while really drunk though.

I do have a phone, but I don't log in to websites using it. That said, the exact same technique applies.

You haven't actually addressed any of my questions. I'm beginning to suspect you don't actually do this.

but if you had to, you would remote into your local machine from your mobile phone and copy passwords from the remote into local apps/websites?

Nothing

>using the smiley with a carat nose

I skimmed through the question, was distracted, but kept typing.

I told you the technique. As for time, it takes about 3-4 days of signing in about 5-7 times a day. Yes, every password for every login is different.

Yeah, I'd essentially just pop open a shell and type ssh home and run the command from within there. I would try to avoid doing that at all costs though, since I don't want to be inputting any master password into my phone.

(I don't really trust it, and I also use rotating short-duration ssh key signatures to facilitate access, so I can easily revoke it in case my phone gets stolen or w/e)

Chromium with botnet account
Unironically.

>I told you the technique.
No, you've reduced “memorize a password” down to the sub-problem of “memorize 4 passwords”

That doesn't really answer my question because it isn't really a technique, it's just reformulating the same process.

I meant mnemonic techniques, like characterobject equivalance - the type they use to memorize thousands of digits of pi in an hour.

>I skimmed through the question, was distracted, but kept typing.
Not the guy you're replying to, but based on the above quotation I have difficulty believing you're the password savant you want us to believe you are.
Even if you were, why would the inability to memorize sufficiently complex passwords for all your services make you a "fucktard?" I feel like you don't actually understand the problem.

I do.

I sync my database between my phone and computer through Google Drive (script to upload it using gdrive on computer, while Keepass2Android fixes it on the phone side). However I keep the 256-bit keyfile strictly local on the computer, and the phone. Transferring it through USB only. This way, even if someone does download the database and does know my password, they'll need the keyfile which is local on my phone/computer and has never seen the internet.

Not implying that using Google applications to keep anything related to the database is secure in any way, but for my use it works fine.

But can you sync changes made on the phone back to the PC/google drive?

I heard people that use this approach basically only make changes on the PC. Not that that's such a huge limitation.

Functioning Brain 1.0

Yes, that is completely possible. Just add a new entry into the database through Keepass2Android and it will automatically synchronize it on Google Drive. Then you can download the up-to-date one to the computer from Google Drive using gdrive or something similar. It makes it easy to create a bash script to for example backup/upload/replace the database on the computer based on the database's modification date. Personally I haven't made it that intricate yet, right now it simply uploads it using a single gdrive command.

As for how often it is changed on the phone, I've needed to do that on one occasion. So mostly the changes are done on the computer which are then synced on my command.

You don't need mnemonic techniques, because memorizing a few base passwords, and an algorithm to determine which combo to use, is not very hard.

But that's not the same thing. Good job using weak passwords

I just have a script that adds a timestamped copy of my database to a github repo that I run every time I make a change to it, which is actually pretty rare.