Name a better laptop

Name a better laptop

>dell

any mac

High end dells are pretty comfy.
Just got an immaculate used 7440 for a steal myself.

anything you aren't paid to promote

OP said better, not worse.

shut up op

t420 memepad
X220 memepad

>mfw mine looks just like that and its shit

>Name a better laptop
XPS 13 9350. You posted the older 9343 model.

Xiaomi Notebook Air

Anything with the webcam in the right spot.

ThinkPad P50 is pretty good, OP.

Acer C720 Chromebook
Why?
Because they're cheap, can handle a beating, and you can mod the shit out of them and break them and it wont really cost you much....durable little fuckers

Do they play nice with SeaBIOS?

>mfw picked the X260 over this

>I didn't ask for this

Dell Chromebook 13

Sorry for hijacking OP but honestly youre a faggot anyway

Is the Dell e7450 a good price for 200 bucks? Would it be okay for gaming on mostly medium/high settings?

Pic related

Gaming ? it's business laptop not manchild shit. It's awesome but for real stuff and real work.

Asus K501UX

Asus ux501.

>for gaming
end your life

every single thinkpad :^)

The ASUS K-550

Why do Asus laptops always look so cheap?

13" is a memepad.
Laptops start at 15".

The outside is made of aluminum.
Also
> 1080p IPS display
> 950m
> I7-6500U
> HDD: 1TB
> SSD: 128gb
> Gigabit Ethernet
> ac wifi
> 2 pair of USB2 and 2 pair of USB3
> only 2 kg

This is a decent laptop.

Don't feed this troll

VAIO Z.

Vaio Z Flip

There are only two "good" kinds of laptops,

>a high end "gaming" laptop that's used only as a portable desktop by people with an unstable living situation who lack the means to move a full desktop setup around
>a fanless laptop with an all day battery life that can be used continuously 10+ hours a day and can be recharged when you go to bed that is never ever used at a desk or plugged in

Everything else is literally ignoramus poverty tier. So if you have those needs then go get that Asus laptop or Macbook or whatever shit otherwise you're a complete retard.

Done.

do you think apple will drop the lawsuit hammer on xiaomi once the XNA sells incredibly well? Since it's literally a MBP but with windows on it

bought a refurbished xps 13 , best choice ever.

t460p

It's red, shit that must be a fast lappytop!

>1.28KG
>2.7 GHz i5-6200U (~3,900 cpu passmark)
>8GB RAM
>256GB SSD
>13.3 1080p screen
>Type-C USB + 2x USB 3.0 port
>40 Wh battery
>GeForce 940MX dedicated GPU
>$750

Why is no one talking about the best bang for the buck ultraportable right now?

>Nvidia
>Good luck with Linux drivers myfriend

>intel hd 5500
i hope you only play pre 2011 games

>giving a shit about a meme os with 2% marketshare that's fragmented into millions of useless and pointless distros

which one is that?

>shit keyboard
>shit linux compatibility
>palmrest attracts fingerprints like magnets

if you buy a dell that's not a latitude or precision, you fucked up

>i7-6500U
oh.

That is a totally fine model, my friend. :)

xiaomi notebook air

I have the asus ux305 which I use while I'm at uni. It's incredibly light and fast. The main downside is that the keyboard isn't backlit and the colour isn't quite black.

>former dell employee
Dell Precisions and XPS now use the exact same casing, keyboard, touchpad, displays, etc.

Only difference is precision comes with workstation hardware (quadro, etc) and xps comes with "consumer" hardware (gtx, etc).

According to most recent benchmarks, the XPS far outperforms the precision.

that's what she said

>tfw 7000 series precisions

Kill me.

bullshit. The keyboard has the trackpoint in the precisions, while it doesn't in the XPS. Also, the casing is visually different among the two, even from the materials standpoint (brushed """"trimetal""" alloy in the Precisions vs carbon fiber of the XPS).
if "light and fast" is what she said about you than probably you shouldn't be proud of that, m8

ayylmao

Only the 3000 and 5000 series are XPS style shit now. 7000 is still good.

maybe that's how you feel

I'm honestly surprised you haven't been roasted alive on this board for saying that.

Sup Forums is mostly Windows using Sup Forumsermin

Most people realize macfags will be back in school in 1 month and don't feel it worth the hassle when we'll be free so soon.

It's the anti-Apple shitposters that'll be going back to school in a month. You seriously can't tell me Sup Forums isn't full of 12 year old shitposters right now, the amount of anti-Apple shit skyrocketed in May

>suing a chinese company for copying a design
Good luck with that

>t. mactoddler that will be thankfully gone in a month

I'm here year-round, bby

Oh it's you again. Shouldn't you be preparing your schools supplies? It's almost time for you to go back to middle school.

Typical Xiaomi bullshit. They have the gall to call it the same as Apple's laptop (and capitalize on it) and Apple know's they can't do anything about it as China pretty much allows this kind of nonsense to proliferate in that country.

Kick China out of the WTO.

Oh, it's you again. Shouldn't you be preparing your school supplies? It's almost time for you to go back to middle school.

Y510p

>t. mactoddler

How does g feel about the razer blade stealth?

ThinkPad. That wasn't hard was it?

>razer
But in all seriousness the 1060 version seems like a great gaming laptop that is actually "portable"

I'm talking about the ultrabook pic related

$1500 for a rainbow keyboard with thick bezels that uses windows

b-b-but muh i7

Gaming on a laptop (or gaming in general) is the most childish thing anyone could ask for or expect. Grow up!

Still better than $1500 for a glowing advertisement on the lid with thick bezels that uses a memeOS.

b-b-but muh apel

>mac
>better
Sure :^)

The e6440

Looks better on pictures than IRL.

Heavy as fuck
Ugly as shit

Might as well just get a MacBook, you're not going to be doing real work on a laptop like this anyway, so it doesn't matter if the hp has better specs.

got two of them, and can say that it's good, but not perfect.
Found two serious flaws so far:
> only the refreshed ones are compatible with a FHD IPS display, otherwise you're stuck with TN shit
> no linux drivers for the security chip and the fingerprint reader
Lesser flaws:
> it's impossible to have the keyboard retroilluminate all the time. If you don't touch it, it goes off.
> track point is utter garbage.
Now I'm waiting for a good 14" business grade laptop equipped with a good display (at least FHD IPS) and a thunderbolt 3.
And no, XPS line is not a good one. Sure, the case is pretty sturdy, and overall is made pretty well, but the overall design suffers from """""muh thinness""""" meme, consequently reducing the connectivity. And, differently from the business laptops, there's no dock to fix it.
And it doesn't even have a real CPU. No, ULV bullshit is not a real CPU.

Just bought a Lenovo X220t for $160 USD. Waiting for it to come in.

excuse me but I'm not OP, but I think I'm that guy, with most of the threads being created around 7-8am pacific time IIRC. I also do it 4free

ASUS computers are some of the worst I've ever owned. They have worse cooling than macs and many are locked down in the firmware so you can't install anything but wangblows. Never again will I buy another one. ASUS is absolute garbage. Literally ANYTHING is better than an ASUS, even a 10 year old Thinkpad.

Because they are.

I think the 1200 model is a pretty good deal

I think the $1200 model is a pretty good deal, plus my school requires Windows

Retarded samefag.

>Latitude version fixes autobrightness, mushy keyboard, trackpad, and it being a fingerprint magnet
>Core M, worse battery, bigger price
I want one but I can't justify it.

There is just one glaring issue with it.
>Reliability..

Why not just get an Alienware for that pricing? or wait for the next generation macbook

My internet right now is super shit and I thought it failed...
>tfw vacation in the middle of nowhere

>leave flagship laptops to me

why are they still keeping those annoying upper click buttons? good god

For the TrackPoint. Why the fuck would they drop them?

fuck the trackpoint

Fuck you

What's the difference?

No, and I hope Xiaomi screws Apple over with XNA. They should rip off force touch while they're at it.

>mfw picked the X250 last year over this

HNGGGGGG pretty gud man
As I am quite new to this mempad thing but I know I want that shit
T. Currently owning x220 (no touch screen)

Serious question
I Had a opportunity to buy hp 2560p or 8540p for 300 or 400€ would it be worth it?

Posting from my 2560p right now. DVD drive is nice for its size (because it lets me have a huge HDD in an optical slot caddy).

I went pretty overkill with mine: since it has a socketed CPU I got a quad core i7 ($60 on eBay) & rigged up a GTX 670 as an eGPU through the expresscard slot.

Total cost was $400 or so for a decently expensive 2012 gaming desktop spec-wise that is still super portable (thicc but small footprint).

Okay thanks for you elaborate answer.

God that hinge looks nasty