When was the last time you pirated software?

When was the last time you pirated software?

When i was using Windows 7 as my main OS.
True story.

I've never pirated any executables again.

Quite some time. The huge crackdown on piracy is honestly making me rethink ever pirating again.

They've made it too inconvenient.

never. I mostly use free softwares.
I bought windows 7 for 49€ and games if you call them softwares.

Pretty much the same, but with 8.1 here

I download lots of videos and music tho.

Over a decade easily. Movies and TV shows aren't software.

Windows 7 was my last.

Since then, I use only free/open stuff, or I buy games on Steam.

A month ago or so, some shitty game. I don't download cracked software because of possible malware and shit, I prefer open sauce stuff unless there's no alternative.

Who is this dirty slut?

When I got a big boy job and stopped using Windows in 2013. I put Photoshop on a friend's computer a few weeks ago, though.

2 minutes ago

Today

I honestly can't remember.
I think I downloaded Rosetta Stone like 6 months ago.

Why would you not call them software?

I just pirated Nu Males Sky.

Shit was running at 20FPS max, uninstalled it after 5 min

Yesterday. Windows XP ISO for a VM.
MS genuine activation is the easiest shit to get around. changed a registry value and ran auto updates. Everything pulled down fine.

Then i installed the POSReady 2009 registry hack. Auto updates also pulled them down.

Very good exepriance thus far.

I pirate cracks for software. not the software itself.

You can't "pirate" a crack, they're free to download.

>tfw Hanamaru-chan will never ride muh diqq

Matrix-level VR when?

Why would I do that user? Stealing is a crime, you know :^)

this is true. i suppose never then.

Do ps roms count? If so, about an hour ago

About 2 weeks ago. Office 2013. LibreOffice a shit.

I downloaded Thief Gold a few days ago.

No they don't count.

Soon user, the nips are working hard
There's this vid with some machine with a onahole for virtual sex

Yesterday, sony vegas

A few months ago

Yesterday, no mans sky. Running it on Ubuntu using PlayOnLinux

How good is PlayOnLinux overall? I don't play games in my pc anymore but it's always good to have the option.

Hanamaru Kunikida. A total inept at technolo/g/y

Is she better than Maki?

>Maki
She's nothing but a rich slut.

2 days ago, After Effects CC

kys

I've downloaded lots of DOS games from 80s and 90s

I pirate anything made by foreigners unless i really really like it, so pretty much all the time.

What's it to you faggot?

I have few solidworks licences which cost $4000 a piece some time ago. Now that I built a new workstation I cant activate one of those licences because of activation limit is exceeded.

I'm really close pirating it/cracking it, if Im not getting a activation file tomorrow Im going to do it. Im really fucking pissed because I've got work to do.

Why? I just want to know her name so I can jack off to her.

If you use an emulator, they don't count.
If you use a virtual machine then they count.

Nice try NASA.

>You can't "pirate" a crack, they're free to download.
you can pirate (paid) cheats etc. though

They still count user. It's just that nobody gives a fuck. Beyond MAME, there is DosBox. Consider that DosBox can run games still sold on the market (and some of the fuckers come wrapped in DosBox already)

Really?

Shit I play games solely on windows vm with a gpu passthrough. I'll stop buying games then..

Anyone else don't really pirate software anymore? Most of the software I use is either open source or freeware. I used to pirate computer games but with cheap humble bundles I have more than enough legal PC games I can ever play.
Also I'm more interested in my 3DS than new PC games nowadays.

I especially don't want to risk installing ransomware.

I have a ton of pirated console/handheld ROMs/isos but I guess that doesn't really count.

over 10 years ago. i use only free software now.

Nice try NSA.

>> If you use a virtual machine then they count.
> hurp, durp, windows vm
> VM
really made me think

few days ago. pirated w10, adobe cc, vmware workstation, office. i fly the black flag a lot.

Oh sorry read it wrong. My mistake, user. Im cycling at the same time.

I was already cautious about spyware and such in pirated software before I started browsing Sup Forums, but ever since... I significantly reduced the amount of software I pirated. I only pirate applications for graphical design, 3D and music creation now.

>NSA cares about software piracy
Nice redirection attempt Microsoft

You're cycling while browsing Sup Forums? how?

2 days ago, Pixelmator.

desu quite long ago. like 4 years or such, but i do pirate movies, series.

It's okay user, in a few years older winderps will go the way of the dodo, and we'll start having win95/98 emulators

UltraISO

BonziBuddy

Probably a month ago.

Realized I didn't have the latest version of Ableton live

I've been pirating Ableton and tons of vsts/samples for years.

I will probably buy them some day.

when I was on windows

Last time I installed Windows 7. No real need to pirate software on Linux, at least I haven't had the need

yesterday, I wanted to check if it was true that nommen's sky wasn't compatible with intel integrated

turns out it was the only thing wasn't a lie

Only if it's a binary diff.

A year ago, I wrapped some Windows math program in a Wineskin wrapper for OSX, for some techtarded girl.

But I didn't quite pirate it, because she mailed me the whole thing and I did the "magic"

Downloading it myself? Maybe 3 years with CAD programs that I stopped using shortly after.

Since steam, I dont pirate games so...

I don't even remember. My Windows, my Office, my Visual Studio, my games are all legal.

No Man's Sky, and I still feel ripped off.

I never pirated anything because I'm not a degenerate.

Before torrenting was kill

>actually expecting anything from a console space sim/FPS hybrid
Did all your intelligence momentarily evaporate or something?
Console controllers are the biggest stone-wall in gaming currently.

Since the moment TIE Fighter/X-Wing was released over 20 years ago, the space sim genre jumped into a gameplay standard as a genre that required the keyboard of the PC. The console equivalents were doomed as "casual gaymes" much like how a smartphone FPS is in comparison to a console/PC FPS due to the game being the reflection of the controller format.

As far as FPS games go, shit like Mount&Blade and STALKER/SWAT also put forth a standard whereby you require a keyboard (and a mouse to avoid quick-time and bullet-time shit which compensates for the lower gameplay speed of a console controller).

From the moment No Man's Sky was announced, you should have already put 2 and 2 together and realized that it would be nothing but a glorified exploration gayme depending on some graphical building memes (in this case muh 6 trillion systems). Nothing more, nothing less.
It's a good time-waste game. I'll give it that. Not worth the money though.

This.

These days mostly I pirate games to try them out. Ever since C&C 4 I've been cautious.

>admitting to pirating software
Nice try, FBI.

Why I never

Last software was sony vegas, because my 7yo license of some old version of it I legally bought doesn't work anymore. And there is no good editing software available for free.

Last games were more recent, a bunch of 3ds games I downloaded after I did the 3ds hack. Basically played them to confirm that I really don't like nintendo's games. I generally pay for all my games on the vita and the few games I care about on the 3ds. Might just sell the 3ds though, because I barely play on it.

I don't think I've changed. If I can buy it, I will. But if I can't and want it enough...

Though admittedly this hasn't happened for quite a while.

Last week.
Windows and microsoft office.
Everything esle was pirated already.
Basically pirating everything that has full version for money, not pirating everything that is free already.
Never paying for air except new expansion in Hearthstone.
Fells good to live in Russia where nobody gives a shit about it.
Well, some faggots in government are trying to block torrent trackers, but for every blocked tracker there is two more mirrors, so it is not working.
Laughing sometimes about that 10000$ that developers want for some software you can get completely free and with full functionality.

Same here. I love slavic countries for that, I actually wanted to move to Russia just because you have the best torrents. Anything I couldn't find on a normie site I could on a Russian one.

Two days ago, most of the super eurobeat albums

Today, WinRAR

You should try 7zip.
Much better, can unrar your shit, can zip and 7zip your shit.

I don't know if laugh or cry every time i see someone using winrar or winzip.

a few days ago I downloaded Atilla Total War, to see if it's worth actually buying.

It's shit.

I'll just keep playing Napoleon until CA releases something similar.

OMG THE SEQUEL TO RABBU RAIBU IS OUT ALREADY!!???

OMG IT IS HOLY SHIT SO KAWAII I'M GONNA NUT ON MY KEYBOARD

On a mechanical keyboard, or gtfo

All of Adobe CC suite

Just the Unix version of Matlab

Sublime Text 3 a few months ago. Great for what it is, but $70USD is a bit too much for me right now.

I used to use a pirated version of winrar for the memes.
Literally the only reason, was like 2008, though.