Just got a call for an interview with Best Buy

Just got a call for an interview with Best Buy.

What do I expect?

Yes

I'd expect an interview.

A surprising amount of respect for the job the manager has.

A shit job

An easy life as the average american.
With a little effort you'll be able to make good money in a few years.

You can expect to be asked about your sales experience.

If you don't seem like an agreeable person you're being rejected.

Becoming a wagecuck, you'll be paying for NEETs living, enjoy it.

Homosexual advances by the Geek Squad

>get comfortable lying to people about technology >push extended warranties and credit to erryone

Ex Geek Squadder here, we just take what we want tbqh.

Practice your shit eating grin and sales technique.

They'll probably give you a scenario and ask you to sell something. For example, if a grandma comes in and asks for a simple Facebook machine to keep in touch with the grandkids:

>use price psychology: handwave across their range, pulling attention to the $2500 laptops that rarely sell but make the rest seem like a good deal
>lie about capabilities, such as saying that the cheapest Chromebooks are ok for browsing photo albums, but for seeing videos of the grandkids you'd want something with a bit more power
>take advantage of her loneliness by suggesting that maybe the grandkids will visit more if she buys a model they can play games on
>reassure her that overspending is a good choice, and that any problems can be handled later with an extended warranty

You're not going to get in if you show you're technologically literate

Harsh!

Is this true? To me it seems like people at Best Buy are quite honest about their opinions. I've seen them range from total starbucks macfag shills to cynical peesea neckbeard freetards. I think they're allowed to give their personal opinions.
Including that naked male ass?

but the sad sad truth

>jobs

not technology discussion

I work for the Geek Squad at Best Buy.
You just sell protection plans and Credit Cards to everyone.
Decent pay and job for low tier job imo
No one I work with is insufferable or really stupid for the most part but maybe I just got lucky
Most Best Buys seem like the higher uneducated shits

How much do you make per hour?

start off at $11/h
I didnt think it was a bad start for a job that requires no experience.

The fuck? That's almost minimum wage.

not in the southern US

see
Many americans also do not get overtime in red states no matter how long and hard they work

for information purposes: costco "prefers" that you've completed high school.

Actual ex geek squad here. This guy's a faggot.

Also expect pain and misery, go get a fucking real job where you'll learn something useful. It's only a good stepping stone for teenagers.

This guys a CA, basically the pleb of GeekSquad. I work in the back as an ARA, starting pay is $13, pay cap is $22. I tell it how it is, have no sales tracker and haven't signed anyone up for a credit card. He's stuck up front because hes a glorified salesman.

ARA reporting in. I just take credit for AJU's work while browsing image boards.

Worked there for about a year, also quit about a year ago for a better paying job.

I worked computer sales, it sucked and I hated the place. You'll really develop a hate for the human race working there. People are literally retarded.

>I don't care that the laptop you picked out for me is cheaper and has a better CPU/Ram/Battery Life. This one I like is lighter and has a gloss screen and I don't care that it's three times the price

You learn to just not push anything at all, just let the customers make bad decisions on their own free will.

The last 3 months there I already knew I was leaving, and actually started shilling Best Buy. I definitely knew exactly what the prices were on Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc. and would openly tell the customer so they would price match. I would also straight up refer them to Newegg or Amazon etc. if there was just a better deal out there we could not beat.

Keep working for my neetbux and tendies

president trump will end your free ride

He can't stop the automation and outsourcing, That ship has already sailed.

CA is not a bad gig

Has anyone ever worked in the tv section?

Three interviews with the normal interview questions.

The first two are with regular managers. I think the shift manager then sales manager. Third one is with the store's GM.

They ask you all the typical interview shit that you should already know the answers to.

work in Canada, we seem to only have CA's, Double Agents and Regular In-Home.

The job is nice, been here for a year, just graduated. They paid for my A+ cert. Get paid $14.50. I really liked it.

Now I fucking hate this job and want out. Get written up for the dumbest of shit and every single simple mistake. Only 3/6 of us have any computer education.

I worked ARA for 3 years.

All of the ARAs left or got fired in year 2, and I was alone for 2 months. I demanded max pay cap and got it.

The discount is good, the job is meme-tier easy.

There's really no room for advancement unless you want to move to store management, or get lucky enough to get a corporate position (in-home, remote support, corporate campus).

It's a good stepping stone job, just make sure not to get comfortable and work on school/certs/portfolio etc.

suffering

>>take advantage of her loneliness by suggesting that maybe the grandkids will visit more if she buys a model they can play games on
DEVILISH

In the end, they'll give you the opinion that makes them the most money. They wouldn't make their sales quotas if they were honest

Work for BestBuy Mobile
Ezpz job, but as said
Focus on moving forward
Co-Workers are usually great but after awhile you soon see management is a political shitshow

Oh and the Discount is dank

>Inventory/merch reporting in
It's the chillest, the pay is a okayish but the discount is is hella cash
I don't really do shit except carry appliances and tvs out to people's cars and ship all the shit people order online

Damn I could never say that, could not live wiyh myself

Had one there once. You have to show them how your sell a tv

Are these techniques really encouraged? I've never worked a day in my life so don't know how it works.

>he fell for the amd meme

>What do I expect?

Anal bleeding

Expect it to suck

At least it will give you a little sales experience, I would use that to get a job at a major cell phone carrier as a tech or retail consultant

Better pay and not a hard job.

The only thing that sucks are the hours

is this shit real

with the shitposting knowledge I have gained on Sup Forums would Bestbuy be a good job for me?

I know about the chromebook and the phone and shit

Oh yeah you'll do great pushing the memebooks and knocking the apple products

They'll especially love you if you tell customers everything apple is shit

honestly i would recommend a mac to many customers

there isn't anything I would avoid really, everyone has a computer that fits well

Currently working sales in computers at BestBuy Canada.

Could be a pretty chill job if you've got the personality for it. The store I work at is constantly under performing at selling Geek Squad shit so they really hound dog you about that.

But if your soul can handle pitching warranties to elderly people all day then the rest of the job is laid back. People use their phones or just chat when there's no customers.

Pay's not bad if you're young. I make $1.5 over minimum which is decent where I live. Most retail jobs here are like 20 cents over. Also the discount is cost + 5℅ which can be sick on some stuff.

Local store culture is good. Kinda fun and the managers are human beings. But god damn is the corporate culture painful. Everything is really "synergetic" and buzzwordy. And every few months a few greasers show up from corporate and make sure your morning cheer was lively enough and the HDMI cables are arranged according to planogram.

The general sentiment at my store from people is that they really enjoyed the first few months but slowly grew to hate it.

Don't hold your breath, you might end up getting two more interviews...

underrated

go back to /p/ agno

I wouldn't be surprised honestly. Everything is about money and how to make more of it, doesn't matter how "helpful" you think the clerk is.

the cameras are looking from the bottom now

That's it? Do you have a really high minimum wage or something?

Most stores watch employees more than the customers.

I use to work in a dollar store years ago and every camera in the store was fake except the one watching the register.

>start off at $11/h
that's really not half bad for a no education job.

I run a manufacturing business in yourup and I pay generally around 9-10 euros / hour for noneducated/young/no experience guys. Top ones on the shop floor get 15e plus extras after 10-15 years. Keep in mind, employee costs me at least double that for an hour as social costs and so on.

>That's it? Do you have a really high minimum wage or something?

how much should they make?

This

Yeah but in europe you have way more buying power with euros than here with in canada at least. Unless your employees want a a house.