GPS tracking

I want to track every movement of my gf. She knows about it and wants me to do so, so it doesn't have to be an "invisible" app or anything. However, what apps are good for doing that? Bonus points if the tracking can be turned on and off (i want to track her when she's working).

Any ideas what apps/systems to use?

Is this a fetish?

No, she works as a bicycle messenger.
Alright, yes, it might be a little bit for both of us. But that's not the main point.

bump for ideas

do you want accurate realtime tracking? thats gonna eat the battery fast

enable find my device and you can look it up in every browser

GPS Logger and enable sync to cloud storage to get the entrie route and not just the position

>do you want accurate realtime tracking? thats gonna eat the battery fast

For the GPS part, that's not the problem as she's using active tracking anyway. Or dies sending the location eat up the battery?

>enable find my device and you can look it up in every browser

I'd have to log in as her in order to do that. I don't want to have her login data.

>GPS Logger and enable sync to cloud storage to get the entrie route and not just the position

That would be com.mendhak.gpslogger ? Looks good at first glance. Thanks!

Why not just buy one of these GPS tracker things?
There are tons of these out there.
Can be turned on and off with a push of a button and doesn't eat the phone battery.

>That would be com.mendhak.gpslogger ? Looks good at first glance. Thanks!

Oh, that's what you meant by "not live".
Yes, that doesn't help

>Why not just buy one of these GPS tracker things?
Because it would be redundant technology. Why use more resources if we already have everything needed?
(I'm from Europe, we actually consider stuff like that ;) )

isn't this what the NSA is for?
oh wait they're not willing to be helpful with all their spying and shit..

I assume its in case she has an accident in the middle of nowhere? just set it to sync every 3-10 miuntes, by the time you get to her, there will be a few more log points

or set up tasker or any other automation app to automatically respond with GPS coordinates when recieveing a message "where are you"

>I assume its in case she has an accident in the middle of nowhere?
Yes, or if I just want to get on my own bike and join her for an hour or so.

>just set it to sync every 3-10 miuntes
That might actually be enough, you are right.

>or set up tasker or any other automation app[..]
Another great idea. Will try it out, thanks!

If you truly love her, your heart will tell you where she is.

Android Device Manager, if she lets you use her jewgle account. It needs nothing other than gapps.

Listen to this user

Embed a gps tracker at the base of her skull. What i would 2bh

A coworker showed how he knew where his wife and Kids were at All time useing som iPhone feature

>You'll know where she is.

>"How did you find me asshole?"

>"You posted your party invite to public, and your friends wanted me to come."

>"Stalker."

>"Ask your friends."

>"Fucks.........fine I'm leaving."

>"About that.......I met this woman a bit earlier, so you're dumped, see ya!"

>"Fuck you user."

>Sup Forums knows my thoughts before I enter a thread

Your co-workier tricked his wife into putting singlehandedly created appleID's that he controls, and uses find my iphone to track them, not only is he stalking his wife, he can also check her texts and other shit probably, and even backup their entire phones, and god knows what else he can see, he can probably even unlock their phones remotely and lock them.

So it turns out, if you want to keep track of people without them noticing, the easiest way actually is using the very tools the manufacturers (Google, Apple) supply.

Not OP but I just thought about implementing my own GPS tracking app.
I have already thought about all the "easy" stuff that needs to be done like setting up a server, writing a communication protocol between the server and app, what data to even send, how to visualize the data, how to save the data, how to save battery and bandwidth, etc.
But the hardest thing for me to grasp right now is the location service provided by android.
I need some degree of control over the GPS service, because I don't want to eat up the battery by constantly checking the location ; about once a minute is fine.

>gf
>my

>believing op's "gf" exists

use Line Here.

its an addon to line, my wife and i use it to see where our kids are.

Yet it requires a contract with designated phone #, ain't that sweet, that someone might notice it and >they throw your phone away

The only problem is newer iphones cannot be jailbroke (yet) and if you jailbreak it, it will appear so if you check the phone's status.

Maybe you can develop them for android and root the shit out of one, but you risk a brick.
Maybe she doesn't but it's a good pretend thread right?