Can we have job related thread?

Can we have job related thread?

Is it possible to get programmig job without leaving your house or work remotely?

Whats the best IT path?

Yes, yes, and I am not sure.

who is the qt

Yes some tech companies allow it. HP removed this and is pushing for 100 percent in office work. They are currently hemorrhaging developers as the work is stressful enough without having to drive in to sit in a cubicle for a conference call with the team literally several desks around you. Really considering selling short on them right now.

my autistic sister worked from home very often. parents home that is. She made $35,000 over the summer right after she graduated through an internship.

Although she is some sort of savant and was successful at it unlike most Sup Forums subhumans.

Too bad she's still autistic though haha.

your best chance of doing fully remote without experience is consulting/freelance. you'll be competing with prajeet over drupal plugin installation, but if your english is solid you may have a shot.

otherwise, learn to program, get on github, do open source work, now you have experience and can apply/be recruited for remote jobs

From a Netflix show, stranger things. It kinda feels like Super 8+X Files+SCP.

Also, there is a TV-14 sex scene involving her.

What can I expect to do/make coming out of this shithole?

from stranger things. don't know the actresses name

stfu this isn't Sup Forums and it wasn't a sex scene, it was just an anorexic 14 year old girl in a bra and panties kissing a 15 year old guy.

>Is it possible to get programmig job without leaving your house or work remotely?
Yes. And also yes: The meme IS real, you will be competing with third-worlders who can easily survive on 1/5 of your expected pay.

>Can you work from home?

Yes, there are some caveats though.

If you work for any mid/large company, expect some office work. I know a guy who works for a big web company and they let him work from home up to 2 days a week. The other 3 he has to be in office. This is primarily because most companies believe that software developers work better in teams that can constantly talk to each other, which I don't entirely disagree with.

I, myself, work for a small business. I work from home 99% of the time. I occasionally have to stop by the office for some small things, but I haven't spent a full day in an office in over 3 years.

You can also look into doing contracted work as a programmer. This typically has more remote opportunities.

A thing to note though, working from home certainly has it's perks. No commute, you can make your work space as comfortable as you want it to be, etc. etc. It also has some nasty drawbacks, which I will detail.

First, you can NEVER really 'turn off.' My office is always 30-feet away from me. So it's very difficult for me not to have the urge to sit down and work. This can be really exhausting, especially if you need to constantly check emails.

Second, isolation. All those passer-by moments with co-workers and co-worker discussions really hamper your ability to network and maintain a social life with co-workers. At least, I've found that to be the case.

This. You can start your own business and make websites/apps if you can't find a stable job. I'm not sure how many companies allow work from home, since a lot of them rely on their hardware and software which is unlikely to be shared to a personal pc. If you work in a decent office you will have no problems other than travelling to work (possibly). Also

nothing, your school is a qualification and doesn't earn you anything, hopefully you learned something with your parents money that you can use to be productive in the real world.

better be applying for those internships user

So in terms of getting a remote job asap, wordpress > js front end?

>parents money
m8, I wish. I'm commuting every day and paying for school on my $20/hr internship + loans + scholarships.

Learn the latest memes, nodejs and reactjs

good work user. get an internship/job with a megacorp to make the big bucks.

>Too bad she's still autistic though haha.
She'll make more money than you ever will.

A lot of companies allow partial at home work. I'm not in development but my whole office gets to work 3 days per week from home.

>name
Natalia dyer
A true skeletor

Will vouch for these drawbacks. It's even worse when your employer basically expectd you to work 24/7 because you are always there. If you go the home work route, try and work in a room you don't go into much, and *never* work in the same place you sleep. It also helps to use a different system to work in, rather than the same one you use personally. These things can help tremendously.

That guy is only 15? Thought for sure he was older, so I wasn't sure how they went about doing that one scene.

He played a pretty good 15-douche.

yes
yes
idklol

>it's very difficult for me not to have the urge to sit down and work
Do you get extra pay for the extra work or what? If not, why would you ever have the urge to work for some random company in your spare time?

can vouch for the 30-foot problem (less because I live in an apartment in the city)

I work from home about once per week but will often hop online before/after work. It's the salary life. Got to get that build started to get ahead of the next day, hop on a few extra code reviews, next thing you know you spent your free time refactoring work code.

There isn't a $ per hour sort of incentive but if you're doing something you really enjoy it's rewarding to do it. If you work for a good company your work will be rewarded in bonuses/promotions.

my ideal job is exciting enough to want to work on it at home instead of making up side projects.

Sysadmin master race

>It's the salary life
I don't get to work from home, but the company I work for doesn't even allow you to work extra. It's not like somebody will physically deny you access to your office if you want to go in, but you're not supposed to work more than what your contract says you should work each month.

It's hard for me to imagine that your work for a random company is constantly and consistently the most enjoyable activity you can imagine. I guess you must be really lucky if your work is always more interesting than literally any hobby or personal project you can imagine. Where I work there are interesting things to do every once in a while, but there's also mindless drudgery like useless meetings, task management and organization, testing, build management and shit like that. There's a lot of shit that needs to be done around software dev, other than the development itself and that shit isn't something that I find interesting.

>Is it possible to get programmig job without leaving your house or work remotely?

yes, it's possible. it's also possible to win in the lottery or get sexually molested by aliens