T-Mobile Un-Carrier 12

>TMobile has surprise unveiled UnCarrier 12.
>A new phone plan, T-Mobile One, will be the only phone plan going forward.
>Unlimited voice, text, and highspeed data.
>First line $70, 2nd $50, additional $20, tablets $20.
>Launches September 6th
>Existing customers will remain on current plans unless they explicitly switch.
>>Must enroll in autopay or pay $5 penalty per line.
>>All video streams limited to 480p, or pay $25 per line.
>>Top 3% of data users (about 26GB) will be deprioritized.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/rip-data-plans.htm
statista.com/statistics/483672/t-mobile-us-postpaid-prepaid-arpu/
statista.com/statistics/283513/arpu-top-wireless-carriers-us/
newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12286
verizonwireless.com/prepaid/?cmp=KNC-C-HQ-NON-R-AC-NONE-NONE-2K0PX0-PX-GAW-71700000010306182&cvosrc=ppc.google.verizon prepaid&cvo_campaign=71700000010306182&cvo_crid=115884436267&Matchtype=e&gclid=CJGx_Jaky84CFZGegQodiegI8g&gclsrc=ds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/rip-data-plans.htm

Announcement was made without prior notice to combat leaks and counter AT&T's announcement of ending data overages on new plans.

I pay 30 dollars a month for 3gb of data then it cuts me to 128k after that, I would rather have that than 26gb for twice as much

26gb means i cant cut my cable modem but I have to pay another $40 a month for data I wont use, that's a horrible deal for most people

As long as I get to keep my $30 walmart plan idgaf

$70 seems OK for unlimited data, it's weird that they would raise unlimited everything prices to $96/month back at carrier 10 only to cut the price by $26 during carrier 12.

it's not unlimited data, it's 26gb then they throttle the fuck out of you

They already do that on current Unlimited plans.
They are raising the onboarding price (from $50 2GB, most current owners are at $65 6GB)

nah most people are poorfags on one line at 30 or 40per month on tmobile

point being you can't just tether your phone to your laptop and cut your cable cord, it's not really unlimited

I pay 50 a month for my modem and 30 for my phone, at home i get on my wifi with my phone, i don't need lots of phone data, now my bill will be $120 for that instead of $80

>$70 seems OK for unlimited data, it's weird that they would raise unlimited everything prices to $96/month back at carrier 10 only to cut the price by $26 during carrier 12.

They didn't lower prices because it's unlimited with 480p video only. If you want true unlimited data you have to pay $25/month extra bringing the total cost to $95/month for true unlimited everything. So they cut the true unlimited prices by $1 a month and raised all the other prices. Pretty smart business choice but I don't care for it since I don't use my smartphone much to warrant an unlimited data plan. As long as I get to keep my current plan I'll be happy but I'd advise anyone who wants a cheaper plan to just switch to metro.

Shit you're actually right, tmo's prepaid ARPS is $34 and postpaid is $47

statista.com/statistics/483672/t-mobile-us-postpaid-prepaid-arpu/

tmobile is poorfag central and they just doubled their prices

also all their phones are owned by their customers and can be switched to any other carrier

brilliant move tmobile

I only need the cheapest phone service possible as I only need to make phone calls in my car and do slow internet stuff every now and then

at work and home and nearly everywhere I go I can get on wifi no problem, i only need to pay for when I am out of wifi range like while driving

No one offers real unlimited because FCC says they are allowed to do network congestion management.

Then use a prepaid or the walmart plan. Tmobile's postpaid options were already bad for non-family plans.

I know but my point is if we know it's not really unlimited (a cable modem replacement) then we can't really think of it like that

if you do this you are paying $40 for 25gb of bandwidth, that's nearly two dollars per gig, not a good deal and they are forcing you into it

for $70 a month you could get verizon and they would help pay for your phone unlike tmobile where you have to buy your own phone outright

Yeah as I said they subtly raised all their prices.

It's going to be interesting how the industry responds. This excel sheet shows that Tmo has forced the rest of the industry's ARPS to go down while theirs went up. If this new plan takes hold that aprs will raise from $47 to $70 in a few years.

statista.com/statistics/283513/arpu-top-wireless-carriers-us/

as long as you can still get their old prepaid plan i will do just that

VZW got rid of phone contracts back in April

If you are already an unlimited customer, don't switch. You will lose your 15GB tethering. One plan is only 2GB tethering.

It's not 26gb persay it's the highest 3% of data users, if the masses start using more data then the unofficial cap will go up.

>As with T-Mobile Simple Choice, those using the most data, the highest 3% – currently people using more than 26 GB of high-speed data per month – may see their data traffic prioritized behind other users once they cross that threshold during their billing month.

regardless you cannot cut your cable modem and use this for all your internet needs, yet it is very expensive

i use at least 300gb per month

Sprint just announced theirs but I don't think they have the network to offer "unlimited" everything desu

newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12286

that is not true for verizon they have unlimited data for $35 per month, 2gb of high speed then unlimited 128kbps for the rest of the month

I have this and the 128k is surprisingly bearable

it's not like your phone cant get internet after you use your 2gb

verizonwireless.com/prepaid/?cmp=KNC-C-HQ-NON-R-AC-NONE-NONE-2K0PX0-PX-GAW-71700000010306182&cvosrc=ppc.google.verizon prepaid&cvo_campaign=71700000010306182&cvo_crid=115884436267&Matchtype=e&gclid=CJGx_Jaky84CFZGegQodiegI8g&gclsrc=ds

Congrats on comparing Prepaid to Postpaid.

>All video streams limited to 480p, or pay $25 per line.
what the actual fuck

You gotta be 1 brain cell too short if you honestly believe they'll honor that. Why would they throttle you less if more people use it? The cap is 26 GB.

You're a moron

He's saying if average data usage goes up so will the threshold needed to activate throttling.

no in reality it goes by if their system is getting choked, if you have done 26gb and it's 3am you will still get high speed, during the work day you won't

service is service that chart makes it out like everything has to cost 2x what it does

No you are worth less than the average human being.

They aren't going to upgrade shit just because more people are using data.

Does CyanogenMod stop T-Mobile from knowing your tethering or do you still need an app

I don't see how charging a fee to not discriminate against video would survive FCC review. Be sure to file a complaint.

fuck I'm on T-Mobile and was piggybanking my family on my plan and they want to switch to AT&T because they get discounts with DirecTV+AT&T services.

Who would have it better?

I had the $95 unlimited plan you all are not understanding the word "deprioritized". This means you can cut your cable and use it as a main internet connection I had over 130gb of torrent and web browsing use, deprioritized does make it's almost useless on the go in very congested areas.

It seems like Cricket wireless might be the better deal now.

For $65 ($70-$5 auto pay) one gets unlimited voice, text, and data. Data is capped at 8Mbps but this is fast enough for Netflix HD which requires a 5Mbps connection. There is no "binge on" BS. The only down side is no tethering on the unlimited plan but T-mobile tethering capped at 2g max is useless. Finally, Cricket using AT&T's network is much better than T-mobiles.

>5gb of 4G
>100min
>unl text
>$30/month
>tethering

no one, even T-Mobile themselves, can come close since I've signed up for this about 3yrs ago. I would like more minutes sometimes, but it's not enough of a concern that I would pay anymore than another ~$10.

To switch, would be to bend myself over.