I'm looking for a router. i'm don't know what to look for hat spech is important what is not...

I'm looking for a router. i'm don't know what to look for hat spech is important what is not? And around 100$ what can i get?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/GL-MT300A-MicroSD-pre-installed-Repeater-Tethering/dp/B01DBS5Z0W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=31DWMGHIiLL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=X06MZW14NKHVTJ8B2SXB
amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00F0DD0I6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

amazon.com/GL-MT300A-MicroSD-pre-installed-Repeater-Tethering/dp/B01DBS5Z0W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=31DWMGHIiLL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=X06MZW14NKHVTJ8B2SXB

asus rt-ac68u

better yet, rt-n66u and flasw merlinwrt on it.
/thread

Suggest something for me too.
I'll have a 250mbit connection and I need at least 1 gigabit ethernet port and dual band wifi.

Forgot to mention that I'm pretty jewish, so nothing expensive.
And I almost don't care about the wifi range

Get a targus nerbook cooler to put under it. They do get very hot

right here don't buy anything else amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00F0DD0I6

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900

Shit, 150 eurodollars is a bit too much for me

not him posting but for 250mbit i think that's good for yours.

but i recommend having router with 100% support of stable ddwrt firmware.

Do the extra antennas found on many routers actually increase the speed/reliability of WiFi or are they just empty plastic sticks to fool tech illiterate normies into paying more?

Look for one with the latest backdoors.

some of them did add range so reliability, the higher one like 12db antenna could penetrate some wall or 3 Storey house.

kek this i recommend stay away with something made by realtek, ralink, broadcomm and marvell chipset based router, they have a backdoor and never getting an update.

/thread

in the case of my 4-antenna MU-MIMO router, it has the ability to simultaneously send data to 4 devices, or use more than one of those antennas to send even more data to a compatible device at once.

tp-link archer c7
flash openwrt on it

Will a nice router be better to split a hardwired connection from a cable modem to a console and a pc (Gaymen) of course, or would using the gateway router with wifi disabled be good enough for two ethernet connections?

this meme needs to die

Maybe this is not a thread to ask this in but here i go

so my ISP provided modem/router can't be set to bridge mode so i cant connect my own router to it.

i called my ISP and ask them but they just told me to fuck off, i think the tech support guy doesnt even know what bridge mode is

so am i fucked or what? i can only use my router as a switch/AP

Linkysys WRTAC1000 but i think its like 160ish

>wireless g
Thats nice if you want your speed halved

Just use your own router
If they have rules that ypu can't drop their routers, then drop those cunts and complain to the Better Business Bureau

this one

>Ubiquiti ERLite-3
>Ubiquiti AC-AP-Lite
Disappointed no one posted this yet.

>MU-MIMO

Is it worth spending the cash on this?

This is an old router with old WiFi technology.

Why is this reccomended?

Is this Sup Forums meme equipment?
(older but reliable and cheap, approved by neckbeard for its good features) e.g. Thinkpad, Sansa clip

What makes this a good piece of tech to use in 2016?