Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/why-you-should-stop-using-telegram-right-now-1782557415
twitter.com/tqbf/status/678065993587945472
twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/582245625103826944
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a big app

honeypot

For who?

Aspiring. Beautiful. Amazing performance. Seamless cross-device compatibility. Simply enhancing.

This app is the perfection.

I like it, good interface, easy to write bots for.
But they did roll their own crypto, so isn't completely out of the picture.

4u

drug dealers

shit security

I like and use it.

don't care about it because the people I talk to use whatsapp or sms.
At least whatsapp has the web interface that I open on a tab on the browser Iḿ using at the moment.
Don't give a shit about crypto, because I'm not plotting to bomb or murder anyone and I don't send nudes, I don't care if a chick sends tits, her problem not mine.

Better than WhatsApp

>At least whatsapp has the web interface that I open on a tab on the browser Iḿ using at the moment.
telegram does too you ignorant fuck
i also use whatsapp because of friends though

calm your tits kid, I know it has the desktop client. In fact that's what I liked the most before but with the web client from whatsapp pretty much I don't see the need to switch or try to convince people to switch over.
In my case only a handful of hipster fucks use it because of the stickers and to spout 9gag shit that I don't care but other normal users just opt for whatsapp.
As usual always comes down to adoption and not what's best. I believe neither are good apps, but people seem to use both or facebook messenger.

shut the fuck up

>the people I talk to use whatsapp
Facebook...

>sms
Don't have cryptography.

>Don't give a shit about crypto, because I'm not plotting to bomb or murder anyone and I don't send nudes
Yeah, hand all your info to the government, he is your friend, wants the best for you, will help you in your needs...

so cute, have a (You)

yeah because the government doesn't have a database with everything about me already.
I know some of you think they are important but nobody gives a fuck about your lolis and if you do have something you want to keep a secret you certainly don't use your cellphone.
I bet you believe in those secure android phones too.

I downloaded it but I have no friends so I haven't used it yet.

>yeah because the government doesn't have a database with everything about me already
Everything? Impossible, you are still alive. They can record at least more 30 years of data about you.

>I know some of you think they are important but nobody gives a fuck about your lolis
The governments care about if people are potential terrorists. But this does not have definition, so everyone can be a terrorist. Used the word "gentrification"? Congrats, you are a terrorist!

>if you do have something you want to keep a secret you certainly don't use your cellphone
No, I use Telegram on my GNU/Linux.

>I bet you believe in those secure android phones too
I don't know them, and don't care.

>me
>me
>me
nobody cares about you user, I don't live in a surveillance state either, the biggest trouble you can get into here is that someone steals your phone and get your dick/tits pics.
Congrats on not falling for the secure android meme and using linux.

>I don't live in a surveillance state either
You don't live on USA?

It's a good app, but less people use it. Viber and Whatsapp are still better.

>inb4 the tinfoil master has spoken and it said it has a shit security

Unless you're talking about something illegal with your friend, you're fine.

Thank God no. I'm sorry if you do and yes you have to look forward for the best and most secure option to communicate because it seems that at this point you are avoiding three letters agencies and also bug companies that try to sell you shit while selling your data.

It's pointless now that WhatsApp is encrypted, and with better encryption too. And it has more users.

If you don't want to give away your phone number you must use something like Wire.

And if you want something that isn't centralized at all you have to ditch all these popular apps and go with something like Tox.

tl:dr: no reason whatsoever for using Telegram

>It's pointless now that WhatsApp is encrypted, and with better encryption too.
It's encryption isn't trustworthy.

>It's encryption isn't trustworthy.
it isn't due to being owned by Facebook.
But Telegram isn't either due to idiocy and/or closed source code.
They are not the best options if you want to keep your shit private. You will choose one over the other just because of adoption rate between the people you actually want to talk to.

>it isn't due to being owned by Facebook
It is. Facebook decided that WhatsApp will continue to be proprietary, so you can't trust their encryption.

>But Telegram isn't either due to idiocy and/or closed source code.
It's more trustworthy than WhatsApp, as the client is open-source.

It's popular and not whatsapp so it's the only choice.

stop u r doin me a fuirt apple

Obsolete Meme

>WhatsApp
Why? Facebook messenger exists. It connects you with more people. It has more options and is more stable.
>sms
See above. Who uses sms anymore other than people older than 60?

So where do you live user :^)?

It's clean, convenient, has native applications for every platform under the sun and message delivery is reliable.

However, I don't use it for sensitive communication if that's what you mean. Whatsapp, Hangouts, iMessage, SMS, Skype, etc. aren't any better for security, but at least Telegram works better as a messenger than any of those platforms.

If only they used Signal Protocol instead of MTProto and somehow got rid of sms auth it would be the best messenger ever.

It has a web client too

I don't get how to use it. Do I have to convince all my contacts to use it as well?

Search for rtnews and get Russian news. It's like having friends!

Let me put it like this: I've got a pasta for it.

Oh look: it's another Telegram shill thread, courtesy of Pavel Durov's PR department. Fortunately, I have some pasta in the fridge from the last time.

gizmodo.com/why-you-should-stop-using-telegram-right-now-1782557415 - yes, Gizmodo, but it's legit.

tl;dr: Telegram sucks. For a phone messenger, today, use Signal instead.

Even WhatsApp is concretely better. Yes, I know it's owned by FB. Point stands. Even fucking Facebook Messenger now uses better encryption than Telegram's best.

- Telegram doesn't even encrypt most things: twitter.com/tqbf/status/678065993587945472
- Telegram's MTProto 'secret chat' encryption is complete shit: twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/582245625103826944

etc etc etc, you get the idea.

I'm still working on mine.

Currently looking at post-quantum key agreement for the Noise protocol: looking at faster, smaller algorithms - supersingular isogeny key agreement over a four-coordinate hyperelliptic curve using the Mersenne prime 2^127-1. It's interesting and small (will probably fit into 64 bytes, including sign bits), but I don't know if it can be made to work quicker than NewHope, and I don't know if I can prove its indistinguishability with the obvious endomorphisms - I'm currently running a computation to try to find out if all the representations for the out-field points (2^127-1, -2^127+1, -2^127) fall on the twist, not the curve (so map to undefined points, so Mallory would only be able to make the key exchange fail blindly).

Good but that fucking emoji are jpeg compressed and this is driving me crazy

True. Not having secret chats by default on desktop clients is boring too.

>I don't get how to use it.
You type a message to someone, and this someone receives and blocks you, or replies, if you are lucky.

Fuck off with your Russian botnet, Durov.

Just search for some group, enter and talk. Or receive messages through a channel.

It's a propaganda outlet owned by Putin.

>botnet
>open source

>russian
>Durov

>Simply enhancing