Feels good, man

Feels good, man.

>having to use an AV
FUCKING
KEK

>not being able to root your marshmallow phone
OK user.

my appletm iphone 6s with retina display doesn't have this problem.

>mfw the scanner is the malware

See the navigation buttons? Do those show up in stock firmware?

because Apple itself provides the malware and calls it "enhanced user experience"

o shit
Well, my statement still stands for those of us without root on marshmallow. Any day now and it'll be exploited.

>inb4 years pass and it finally happens when no one remembers

>tfw
Also the fix was thanks to the custom kernel.

Wow

The scanner is (was? the wording now suggest that it's not really checking anymore) literally just checking your Patch Level to decide if you're vulnerable or not.

You could have changed your patch level to "5th of September" without applying any patch and get a pass.

All of this while it's sending tons of data about yourself through Google Analytics and their custom endpoints.

see Also I'm rooted and I'll be totally fine. I don't download anything suspicious and I run CM13 on my Nexus 5. I only enable root for ADB.

Feels bad.

I have a LG G4 with MM and it's rooted.

G5 with MM rooted, not sure what he is on about

Marshmallow has been rooted on multiple phones, bud. Your phone might just be shit.

Could very well be, given the Verizon jewery.

I do remember reading that MM was more secure and required an unlocked bootloader or something to root. At least for the G4's procedure.

Jeez android is just a much of a fragmented shit show as Linux, I swear you FOSS guys are worse than hobos.

lol

Exactly the same here. (LG G4)

You've needed an unlocked bootloader for almost every root. It's the only way to flash a custom recovery onto most phones, which is required to flash supersu/whatever root you want

The only way this could be harmful is if you allowed the side loading of apps, and even then the play store service would still prevent this from being executed. Almost a non issue for those that haven't disabled those security checks. Those who have probably are running custom roms anyway.

Feels good

>he thinks he didn't just install quadrooter

Feels amazing

Now I am worried about rooting my g3

I think it's an issue that affects non rooted phones as well. Exploits in the drivers of the phone etc.