Systemd's grasp is already too strong

Give in. Use Systemd already.

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/os/init-freedom/
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Free.2FOpen_Source_Operating_systems_without_systemd_in_the_default_installation
linuxuser.co.uk/news/a-linux-conspiracy-theory
xfce.org/about/news/?post=1425081600
3.bp.blogspot.com/--SUUYl_tlIs/VPR_-oZeiOI/AAAAAAAAVqc/WRKxOp3KDx8/s1600/xfce412-hidpithemes.png
aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce4-panel-hidpi/
docs.slackware.com/howtos:multimedia:pulseaudio_non-default
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I already do because there's literally nothing wrong with SystemD.

what the fuck is systemd

NSA

your mom is a system and she has a d inside here ahahaha get it???? system plus d = systemd hahaha your mom + dick = systemd :))))))

NSA's way to take over Linux

Daily reminder that systemd is FOSS (Free Open Source Software) and that it is good software that fulfils the needs of modern devops, sysadmins, regular users and even application developers. Since work on systemd project restarted in 2010 and it's initial inclusion in Fedora Jan 2011 it has gained code contributions from over 600 developers worldwide and became the default init system and session manager in every major GNU/Linux distribution since 2012. Developers from each of these have commit access and have helped to design and shape systemd to fit their needs and unify core system between distributions over the last 5 years.

However as great of an improvement as it has proven to be it has attracted many paid trolls and mentally ill Linux users who spread lies and FUD about it, a large group of these single out developers and attack them with constant trolling, abuse, stalking and even death threats. Many of these 'people' are from the *BSD camps; after Linux usage and contributions sky-rocketed 15 years ago they have been on a constant mission to cause trouble, including making threats of violence and rape against people who create GPL licensed code.

There are also thought to be many of these people on the payroll of Microsoft to try and destroy strong powerful FOSS projects by negative campaigning and lie/FUD spreading. Fortunately as usual for Microsoft their FUD campaign and paid shills turn up 4 years too late and don't have technical arguments, making it obvious what they are: paid trolls.

Don't tell me what to do.

devuan.org/os/init-freedom/
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Free.2FOpen_Source_Operating_systems_without_systemd_in_the_default_installation

>[systemd] became the default init system and session manager in every major GNU/Linux distribution since 2012

Due to politics (specifically Red Hat influence), not really on merit.

I am using systemd.

I have no problems with it, it just works

>openRC serves the same purpose at 30 times less code
>deprecated
Troll or not, this is wrong

I want to install void linux and I need some decisions spoonfed to me, which DE/WM is a good choice that doesn't use gtk or systemd? And I would love if there are themes for it that kinda look like windows 10, it's the only good thing about it, those sharp corners everywhere, instead of shitty rounded edges and circles for buttons.

bumping for this, using cinnamon on void currently

What's wrong with systemd? I like boot times under 2 seconds.

Don't listen to Sup Forums, systemd is not bad and neither is Gtk.

I don't care what you have to say about that, I just don't want it. Whenever a for-profit corporation wants you to do something, don't. In this case Red Hat wants you to install systemd and gtk, spending considerable amounts of resources on pushing those, so don't install it.

But KDE is bankrupt and XFCE is older than my grandmothers underwear so the fuq do we suppose to use mang?

linuxuser.co.uk/news/a-linux-conspiracy-theory

That's what I'm asking, duh

MATE, Cinnamon, or a WM.

What exactly is old or lacking about XFCE?

Running it side-by-side with Manjaro KDE, it's way faster without all the cheesy effects and clutter. HiDPI support and multi-monitor are just as good, with plenty of themes and panels. Didn't like Unity at all.

Last i heard mate is going to be dumping GTK2 and being ported to gtk3 so it's basically going to be gnome soon.

I really like tilling WM like i3 and such but are they as good for video performance as say gnome? I'm referring of course to OpenGL vsync capabilities ie screen tearing.

XFCE hasn't released a new version in like 5 years, It's depricated.

>mate is going to be dumping GTK2
Huh, what would be the point? I supposed it was made to continue where Gnome 2 left off when Gnome 3 turned out a shit.

>devuan
Is sadly still pretty beta. Gnome didn't even work

Huh? You're about 4 years off with that, and you didn't even name a single thing it's lacking. xfce.org/about/news/?post=1425081600

It's rock solid and customizable, who cares about KDE and Unity's cheesy animations?

Pretty sure Gentoo is the only distro that supports using Gnome without systemd. Could be wrong.

>Boo! My shitty programs are becoming deprecated.

gnome is shit

>this
"Although it’s true the venerable sysvinit has flaws that should be addressed in some way, systemd supporters wrongly claim that “systemd is overwhelmingly better than any existing alternative anywhere the technical architecture is involved.” The Init Freedom (IF) Campaign is here to disprove that claim."

-devuan.org/os/init-freedom/

hello beawesome, I know you post here regularly because I've seen you around and recognized you and I acknowledge (You)

>Daily reminder that systemd is FOSS (Free Open Source Software) and that it is good software that fulfils the needs of modern devops
>systemd
>good software
ayy lmao my friend

>HiDPI support
xfFCE doesnt have hidpi support. If by "hidpi scaling" you're talking about that custom font dpi shit like pic related, it looks awful compared to the real hidpi scaling from Unity.

One of the biggest reasons I dont use xfce or mate.

It's not about defending shitty progs. This is about keeping the system open like it is. systemd is like a beta MS, it could grow linux into a "black-box" like Windows, thats what were trying to avoid. that being said im on dev or even a good programmer, but I believe inits & sysvinit just needs updating, less bitching(politics), more ways to help the projects and a general uphevlale of the notion: "It's new/govt approved/corporate sponsored, it must be better!"

if systemd is so shitty as you say and it's a NSA bloat then why have all the major dostros adopted it?

How so? I love the simple interface nonetheless.

Yes it does, that's just the setting for fonts. It not only comes with hidpi and xhdpi themes for other elements, but there's hidpi versions of most panels on AUR.

3.bp.blogspot.com/--SUUYl_tlIs/VPR_-oZeiOI/AAAAAAAAVqc/WRKxOp3KDx8/s1600/xfce412-hidpithemes.png
aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce4-panel-hidpi/

"Debian should take a principled position regarding its future architecture, and not find itself at the mercy of other parties who wish to dictate design to us."-SteveLangasek

THE USER COMES FIRST JACKHOLE

Slackware doesn't and never will have this virus.

>Daily reminder that systemd is FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
How are you free (as in freedom) with systemd if it's going out of its way to force you to use it and nothing else in its place?

Was answered already, because . In case of Debian specifically the decision was made by what just barely was a majority, and resulted in many maintainers leaving the project afterwards.

With 14.2 they already surrendered to PulseAudio.
Slackware 15 will ship with systemd.

>muh systemd is NSA crap
>tfw you don'tknow shit about harware backdoors!
how can you be so ignorant! even with linux you are not getting away withhardware backdoors. Do you know that et e\Amazon Hamburg, at each delivery, they let the German Secret Services to come in with special steam machines that open open up the the boxes? And that cmes from a guy whose brother used to work there

PulseAudio was literally only added for bluetooth support. You don't have to use it at all.

More specifically, it was added because the bluetooth stack BlueZ has dropped the ALSA plugin for audio output, making the presence of PulseAudio mandatory for playing any audio coming from Bluetooth devices.
docs.slackware.com/howtos:multimedia:pulseaudio_non-default

>"Slackware 15 will ship with systemd."
>15 is the Devil card in tarot

Slackware isn't going to ship with systemd unless by some seriously jewery that systemd devs make so that systemd is a requirement. If gentoo can go by fine without systemd, I don't see slackware using systemd anytime soon.

Enjoy your binary registry.

>leaking details of ongoing secret operations
RIP

Binary logs can be changed

And corrupted

So you should've been bitching or moaning like this "Enjoy your binary or plain text registry"

Kill systemd.

Kill yourself

Don't forget to kill gtk

>using systemd
Too late

#systemctl disable autism

That only looks like it scales the panels though, not the programs themselves. Even if you make the panels bigger the icons and text in the programs will still be small.

//TODO: fix shill bot code to give better replies

#udisksctl /dev/tinfoil -f

# killall systemd -9

atleast use the code balise.

I don't use void, but depending on the look and feel you could use FVWM, openbox, etc. Look at xwinman.org

I use ratpoison myself (Devuan) but is a strictly tiling wm.

>unless by some seriously jewery that systemd devs make so that systemd is a requirement.

Steps must be taken already to try and prevent exactly that from ever happening if systemd-free Linux distribiutions are to be expected to have a future. If a more or less significant component is being made dependent on systemd with a risk of a hard dependency in the future, then it optimally should be supplanted with some alternatives as soon as possible, instead of trying to keep it with the dependencies hacked out until that's not possible anymore at some point.

You lying. Is no longer in beta, only thing it doesn't have is GNOME.

FUCK YOU SHILL

>Anyone who points out my shitty argument is a shill
Seriously, kill yourself. Why live?

idiot

true. beta in my eyes