He uses a 4-year-old, outdated kernel because he is too stupid to upgrade

>he uses a 4-year-old, outdated kernel because he is too stupid to upgrade
>he uses obsolete versions of actively developed packages

why aren't you running arch, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZGHayRYh5nA
archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=avahi&maintainer=&flagged=
packages.debian.org/search?keywords=avahi
lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Got an IBM?

The Fedora kernel is 4 years old?

>you have to use arch to get either of these things

fucking lel

This thread is a false flag attempting to bring even more hate to Arch. Hide, report, and ignore.

>server
>uptime: 6h 49m

He's referring to Debian stable most likely

Joe, you're a faggot

Because I'm using Manjaro which doesn't force me to learn every single garbage thing about the distribution and actually allows me to get work done.

Updating the kernel's 1 click. :)

>Updating the kernel's 1 click. :)
Not saying Manjaro is bad but
#pacman -Syyu

Because I'm running gentoo and debian unstable.

This. OP is most likely an underaged debian user.

this cringy nerd infighting is excactly why you linux faggots will never get anywhere and windows will dominate the market forever,
don't make me regret installing linux mint because im starting to like it

>this cringy nerd infighting
Who's fighting? All I see is agreement.

>not hot plugging your kernel

While you children are fighting, Microsoft is rolling their own distro.

Because I'm not autistic enough to think there's much real point to making sure I'm running the absolute most recent version of everything on my computer.

I use Kubuntu. Releases are once every six months. Certain key packages such as web browsers are kept up to date. Security issues in the kernel and other important packages get patched. If there's some package or other I really want the latest version of for some reason, this is possible via a PPA, or even compiling it myself if I really want.

What practical benefit is there for me to use Arch?

Linux mint is the worst choice. 1 the are poor security practices in the mint dev team, see the recent mint hack. 2. packages arent upgraded as frequently as other distros. Just get fedora or an Ubuntu spin.

xD

I am bruce x

I am bruce x

youtu.be/ZGHayRYh5nA

Ex kubuntu user. Arch KDE is significantly less buggy than Kubuntu

People say that from time to time, but never seem to mention any specific issues KDE has on Kubuntu, and I sure can't think of any bad enough to make me think "fuck this, I'm changing distro".

Because I use KDE Neon and find it suits my needs just fine, that's why.

>issues KDE has on Kubuntu
-Dolphin opens at boot, even before the widgets and desktops
-Kwin crashes upon lid close/open
-KWallet keeps crashing with chromium
-NFS partition wouldn't show, even after bookmarking
-Login manager freezes often times

No issues with Arch.

>-Dolphin opens at boot, even before the widgets and desktops
Never encountered
>-Kwin crashes upon lid close/open
Never encountered, though it has been a while since I've used Kubuntu on a laptop
>-KWallet keeps crashing with chromium
Never encountered
>-NFS partition wouldn't show, even after bookmarking
Never encountered, but then I don't use NFS at all currently
>-Login manager freezes often times
Never encountered

Are these issues current?

Also running kubuntu and never has any of those issues.

Kubuntu 16.04

Yes

Yeah, that's what I'm running.

That's what I ran for a week before re-installing Arch. No issues ever seen again

Well, Kubuntu works properly for me and does what I want, so I see no reason to change.

Used to run Kubuntu. Never had any of these happen.

Well - numbers 1, 2, and 5 I haven't experienced. 3 and 4 are things I never did, so I can't vouch for those.

agreed.

Yet it was a choice they made. Let them do them senpai.

because my debian and gentoo dual boot offers far more choice than you could get with arch.

tell me how to use libressl instead of openssl in arch, or how to change libc's, or why arch is about choice but uses systemd, or why arch doesn't split up packages, it puts all the dev, debugging, and everything else into one package (for example look at the avahi packages in arch: archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=avahi&maintainer=&flagged= there is one package, in debian: packages.debian.org/search?keywords=avahi there is alot of packages. arch doesn't even have an equivalent of dpkg-reconfigure or update-alternatives.

just gonna leave this here for you archfags: lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html