Dumbphone thread

Who here on Sup Forums uses a simple dumbphone rather than a smartphone?

Hipsters

just why

Poorfag detected

Yep.

Unless you're a drug dealer, what's the need for a flip phone?

i use one for my secondary number
i knew a guy that used one because he carried his netbook everywhere

Only hipster trash

Getting bored with my smartphone and been thinking about using a flip phone again. I don't even call anyone much, this thing is just a mobile Sup Forums posting device at this point.

>I don't even call anyone much, this thing is just a mobile Sup Forums posting device at this point.

Even more of a reason to NOT switch to a device which is only good for calls and not browsing Sup Forums

>I don't even call anyone much, this thing is just a mobile Sup Forums posting device at this point
So you want to switch to a phone that pretty much only does calls and texts?

lol k

I can live without mobile posting, plus I won't be paying for an as expensive device

You don't do ANYTHING else with it? Check e-mails, online banking, weather, news, gps, various other very helpful things they do?

But again: why? Saying that you can live without a feature doesn't mean that you WANT to live without the feature. And it would cost money to buy a new phone, it doesn't cost any money to keep the one you've already paid for.

Sometimes I might check weather and news, but rest almost never. I use desktop for that.

Data costs money also, money for features you're not using.

I don't know what kind of plan you are on but I don't pay for data if I don't use data.

the only two reasons i see to have a flip phone in a modern society is to either A) save money or B) you are very introverted and dont want people to contact you easily

C) You need a burner phone

>So you want to switch to a phone that pretty much only does calls and texts? lol k
Exactly, these are what phones are made for
Not him but this is what I'm currently using.

The Samsung Champ was one of the most miserable phones I had the experience of using

If you have/want to use a dumb phone, for the love of god don't use a touch screen one, they're always shit

>Exactly, these are what phones are made for
But he said he doesn't even use it as a phone, only for shitposting2go

Pic related.

Got it because my 5110 died after like 15 years. Otherwise I'd be using that.

Forgot about drug dealers my bad

idk what you're doing with your phone but shit still works since 2010

Touchscreen dumb phone operating systems are shit

Resistive touchscreens are shit

I knew a 1337 haxxorz guy in high school that bought himself a moshimoshi~ DoCoMo phone. It was pretty basic, but had a nice camera and could browse the web. Maybe you could look into that.

>dumb phone operating systems
>why the hell would I care about the OS with a dumb phone

Sluggish performance in combination with a resistive touchscreen is too much for me bear tbqh

I'm so unique and different! :D

I'm not bragging about it to anyone. It can send SMS and I can call people with it.

That's all I really need.

Also no malware.

Pretty much. Just stfu and use a smartphone. Years ago you'd shit your pants for this kind of technology and now you're too good for it? Christ.

>not just swapping to a cheaper plan and keeping your current phone so you can shitpost over wifi

>wifi
>not connecting to your router over ethernet

There are Android devices for less than $100, the blu amazon phone costs 60 which is very cheap. You'll have to debloat it but that takes half an hour only. The only reason anyone would ever get a dumbphone is