Why should I waste time on developing desktop applications when i can target a much bigger amount of people by writing...

Why should I waste time on developing desktop applications when i can target a much bigger amount of people by writing a browser application?

It's 2016, even Autocad runs in the browser

"browser applications" are a javascript bloat.

>javascript
>bloat

Then how come every web video service runs like shit in any browser compared to running it all through livestreamer+mpv ? Mind you all adaptive video web strategies involve javascript (bloat).

Works for me, have you tried buying a new computer?

Dude, even my phone handles video streaming perfectly fine. What kind of Linux freetard toaster machine are you running?

Excellent observation! You get cracking on Web Development and maybe you can fix office 365! Given that everything works so well as a Web App and nobody wants to utilize their own hardware to improve their own user experiance anymore. I'd say your on the right track don't let Sup Forums crush your developers dreams! You go gurl!

Can we write web apps in Java or C or something? Is it necessary to learn web languages?

>Given that everything works so well as a Web App and nobody wants to utilize their own hardware to improve their own user experiance anymore
But Javascript runs on your own machine retard ;^)

Have you ever checked browser's cpu usage? Javascript is bloat and there's no excuse to use it.

Html5 video services run fine, assuming you use a modern OS with web video hardware accelerated (ie. not Linux)

>javascript
>running
>not slowly crawling because it's so goddamn inefficient

Blame bad developers, not the language. Modern js interpreters are incredibly efficient, more than traditional scripting languages like Python.

Because latency.

>html 5 video

Take your DRM and get the fuck out of here.

thats not what my gtx 760 i5 4670 says about 1440p60fps webm videos through chrome/firefox on youtube.
>inb4 your pc is shit nigger git gud
its much better than majority of laptops and pcs i see people using. most struggle with 720p60fps, which runs perfectly fine with mpv/youtube-dl

>expecting his toaster to handle 1440p @ 60fps

It handles it trough mpv.
>jewtube shills will defend this

>using youtube
Fucking retard

all you js haters need to realize something: if js runs slowly, its because the dev is a retard who cant program, and unfortunately those retards are the majority. you can make huge js apps that run really fast if you just know how

>Modern js interpreters are incredibly efficient,
No, they are not.
>more than traditional scripting languages like Python.
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

How come I've never seen one "run fast"? How come more often than not the page just stalls running the big ass javascript.

update, it handles 4k60fps trough mpv.
but struggles with youtubes amazing html5 player on 1440p.

Because more often than not a webdev is a retard.

>watching game streams
I can't take anything from you serious now

You can do it in scala and clojure, both can be compiled to Javascript

totally irrelevant. also i searched 4k60fps and it was the first video with actual 4k60fps option.
>belitteling actual data because "gaymen"
troll harder