I need a new Dac for my m3-6

I need a new Dac for my m3-6
I'm undecided between Scarlett Solo, which has also mic in and since i'm a musician and have some spare mics this could be useful, or the NuForce uDac3
They are almost at the same price, and i think that Scarlett Solo support 24bit 96khz just as the uDac3
What i should choose?
my first purpose is listening to music anyway

>audio inputs and preamps "could" be useful
>in-the-box music production
all you're looking for is a glorified soundcard, what you posted is fine, and most other audio interfaces/DACs are too

>a new Dac

Is it so hard to say say "audio device" or "soundcard" or "interface"?
Fucking hell.

So since both are fine the logical choice is to take the Scarlett Solo
Yet i'm not really convinced, since i'm quite new in the audio world
Well one is a DAC and the other an audio interface, both are the same thing with more or less features, the point is, what would you pick?

Audio interface means an external box with DAC, inputs and usually a preamp of some sort for mics. A soundcard is an internal card. If he just needs "a DAC" then probably he just wants a USB headphone amp

I've been producing with a cheapass alesis io thingy for years, the midi works great, the sound is good, it has input gain, just like any other external sound thingy it'll make good sound, the only downsides of it is that the knobs crackle now after years

No, that's all wrong.
Audio interfaces or soundcards can be either internal or external.

When talking about a DAC it should be either just the DAC circuitry of a device or a dedicated DAC component that only accepts optical/coax and has no computer related functionality.

There's no reason to ever call a USB soundcard/interface a DAC. It's retarded.

Either way i'm gonna get good sound

Scarlett Solo is able to record at 24 bit 96khz
This means its output supports it right?
Sorry for noobness

Record at 44.1. At best, 96 is unnoticable. At worst, it can cause a lot of headaches.

Scarlett Solo.

NuForce is an incompetent company.

well i mostly care about the output if it supports 24/96 but io can't find anything about it

Yes, it does. And you won't notice it at all.

and that's good, i need my brand new placebo
thank you senpai

i own a scarlett, their customer support is 10/10

>no computer related functionality
>computer doesnt output digital signal

this OP confirmed for hipster trash

point and laugh folks

When you start stretching and effecting audio at ridiculous levels then those extra kHz really will matter. Of course op isn't doing that he's using it to comment on aeroplane over the sea during his let's play YouTube channel

Oh. I guess that doesn't matter to us real musicians who play real instruments, and have actual real abilities.

OP confirmed for beep boop shitster.

I'd use the mic to record myself playing my fucking impossibile handwritten cadenza from the first violin concerto by Paganini and other pieces of music (violin, since is the only insteument i'am able to play on a professional level) you mongoloid, i am no gaymer bullshit and i don't fucking stream shit on YouTube
Right now i record myself using a xlr to usb bepseco adapter which sucks cocks and an akg c1000s which is enough for my needs
Just thought was time for a real audio card and stop using the 3.5" output of my pc

Oh well by all means continue.

It's nice to see another violinist. Studied the Suzuki method for quite some time when i was younger.

Opinion revised (although it was just bantz to begin with).

This.
48 is placebo enough, 96 is just useless.

18i20fag, here.
It does.
That's not the reason you should get the solo, though. The reason to get it, is the excellent mic preamp.

Yeah Suzuki is a peculiar method but i didn't study with that method, but with a really old and scholastic italian course (Curci)
Well in the end what matters is to study everyday and to not waste time when you do it
Pic my recording equipment
— i don't know what i'm doing — edition
Good software for recording? The One i had was wavepad, which is a bit outdated and reductive

I've owned my solo for around 5 months with no problems so far and it works great. would jump for the 2i2 if you have the extra cash and need more inputs.

I prefer Mixcraft, which is similar to Reaper, myself. If you're not info pirating, it's good n' cheap, and I like the company, so I paid $60 for it.

Holy shit you're pretentious and elitist for no reason. If you're wondering why you're alone, that's why.

>(You)
>Yeah Suzuki is a peculiar method but i didn't study with that method, but with a really old and scholastic italian course (Curci)
>Well in the end what matters is to study everyday and to not waste time when you do it

It's what I learned with, but honestly I got way more into guitar in my twenties, and have been playing and recording / songwriting obsessively for the past ten years. I actually did break out one of my violins, a cheapie, and recording a metal guitar / violin song recently. Composed the material and made it happen. That was a real endeavor as I had not played the violin in years yet alone record mix and master it. My very expensive violin delaminated from years in storage. Not happy about that.

I suggest reaper as it is free and works great. What do you recommend for a mic for violin though? I used a cheap one that fastened to the body. Kinda shitty, but did eliminate the problems of variations in distance to the mic.

I was just fucking around. It's Friday man, cheers!

XLR to USB adapter
Oh god, at least you recognize your problem

I have the scarlett 2i2, I love it

Or just buy a shitty mixer for half the price that has more inputs and frequency control.

> or just kill yourself

This
USB mixer > USB Interface, any day of the week
Obviously if they got comparable preamps

Absolutely haram.
Mixer = 2channel out Max (stereo, 1L 1R)
Interface = however many you want out max, plus usually better all around hardware

>but muh hardware mix
No self respecting artist mixes while tracking.

You definitely want the scarlett solo. Balanced outputs are what you need for those monitors and the mic pres and ADCs are way better than what you've got. I don't know about the udac 3 but the udac 2 measured very poorly and was at the center of a controversy a while back. Would not trust nuforce products.

Well since i'm now twenty, and i confirm that writing music is what really makes someone a real musician. I'm writing a string quartet in 4 movements, the first One is completed, and i wrote like 5 minjtes of the 2nd (adagio) a minute and half of the 3 (scherzo) and just the first 20 bars of the Finale (fugato)
Anyway i don't know, there are many good mics out there, i find this One really good and the sound seems close to professional recording. this akg comes with some stuff useful and can be also used in stage, i paid it 140€ and with that crappy bepseco i managed to record good stuff, i'm excited to see what i can do with the Scarlett Solo

Yes i know it's blasphemy, i just needed something for studying purpose, not recording. Only to hear my pitch and intonation while playing
Now i'm hopefully going further

What do you mean with usb mixer
I suppose that the Scarlett is a usb interface?

A mixing board with a USB audio interface onboard, a lot more convenient for casual use or sending the mix back to the computer

Can you give me some suggestions or name? Like you know i'm not really into this world yet so if you tell me "this could be suited for your needs" i always appreciate it

It ranges from cheap behringer mixers to 48+ input mixing desks, I have a Yamaha something and it's great for patching a mix in or for just listening, cool to manage a ton of inputs too, but aside from being both an audio interface and a mixer it's not really better than either of those things