Powerbank experience & recommendations

So I need a powerbank for my semester abroad and found a couple of nice looking ones (pic related)

>Lumsing Glory Series P1 Plus 10000mAh - 24€
amazon.de/Lumsing®-10000mAh-PowerPack-Reiseadapter-Smartphones/dp/B0197QZW2S/ref=sr_1_2?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1471360461&sr=1-2&keywords=lumsing glory
>Anker PowerCore 20100mAh - 39€
amazon.de/Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Externer-Akku/dp/B00VJT3IUA/ref=sr_1_1?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1471360398&sr=1-1&keywords=anker powercore
>EC Technology 22400 mAh - 30€
amazon.de/gp/product/B00F5Q4F0U/?tag=powerbanktest-21

Which one can you guys recommend, which ones do you use? Can't spend too much of a buck on those things so the price should be halfway decent.

Also, what about this one (for my gf)?

>Anker PowerCore 5000mAh
amazon.de/Anker-PowerCore-Ladegerät-Schnellladetechnologie-Powerbank/dp/B01CU1EC6Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1471640137&sr=1-3&keywords=powerbank

Sorry for the german links but I thought someone might be interested

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B019IFIJW8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
encrypted.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=powerbank laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bought an Aukey 12k mAh one with solar panel for ~26€, so far I am happy with it. The solar panel is more of a gimmick I think, but it didn't make the thing expensive.

I use a RAVPower. Has about 16000mAh and it's pretty reliable

>solar panel

does it actually work? can't imagine it actually loading the battery for more than 5%

Anker's 26,000mAh battery is pretty damn good. Charges my phone 13 times before I have to plug it back in.

anker or xiaomi /thread

what kind of phone do you use?

>26000mah
>13x load

there's not way you have a phone that has a battery with a capacity beyond 1500

My phones battery holds 6600mAH soooo..

Also >aftermarket batterys dont excist!

Whoops, sorry - my numbers were slightly off. I have a Moto X 2014 (2300mAh) and the battery is 26,800mAh. It's a little over 11 times on a full charge.

Well it works but it would take a long-ass time to fully load.

i use a Intenso 5000 slimline battery.

is among the flattest and good for the money

Depending on the panel and the capacity. A guy made a review of several solar power banks, try searching for that on YouTube. The specs of each one is at the end of the video.

so that fucking thing actually doesn't lose any power whatsoever? I thought it was basically like harddrives, 1tb not actually having 1tb storage capacity and so on

that sounds pretty nice

might get an anker product since people here praise it so much

It is (power is spilt while transferring the power). Don't know where he's pulling his numbers from. You basically lose around 15-25%. There isn't a 100% efficient way to transfer energy.

I picked up this generic one on eBay because it was the cheapest I could find with a solar panel. Works great as an I need it here and there sort of thing but if you're resorting to a power bank daily you should probably go for something else.

I've seen online a few powerbanks that can charge thinkpads but they're like 100 bucks, is there a cheap chinese one that can charge laptops?

I hate the older version of the 1sr link
Been working fine for about 2 years.

I guess this is a good place to ask.

I'm looking for a battery case that has a micro SD slot in it too to expand the storage and battery from the case. I know Galaxy S6 and iShit cases have these but I have a Nexus 5. If there are these kind of cases made for newer Nexus devices I'll just upgrade my phone a little early.

Pretty much looking for pic related that fits a Nexus device.

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000 mAh

Got it for $20 off Newegg.

High quality build, reliable, looks good and enough energy to charge my phone 4 times.

Any good powerbank with quick charge for Samsung Galaxy S7?

It should have at least 10000 mah capacity.

How long does it take to charge that battery though? What does it draw when charging? Most battery banks I see only draw 1A.

Got this a few weeks ago
amazon.com/gp/product/B019IFIJW8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Use it mostly for when I go /out/
Use it for my tablet, phone and headlamp when I need it.
Like the USB-C for future proofing

The solar panel is definitely for when you're out doors. You leave it out soaking the sunlight while you're doing your outdoors shit
Not something for when you're sitting there at a park for an hour playing pokemon go

One that outputs usb pd 20v may be able to when rigged correctly.
Haven't found anything like that though. The cheapest usb pd bank only does 12v.

Xiaomeme 10k pro

>usb type-c

I bought a nice 8Ah power bank some time ago and decided to buy one with 16Ah and use for my portable small speakers.

I got confronted with the stupid question "Is it for Pokémon GO?".

The fuck is it with everyone and that game?

>I got confronted with the stupid question "Is it for Pokémon GO?".
>The fuck is it with everyone and that game?
At my local Kojima they are using Pokemon GO to market power banks.
It's not really surprising. Its fundamentally how you market things, towards needs/wants people have. With so many people playing Pokemon GO the average desire for power banks has risen.

I have the EC tech one and can say it works and is durable. Fits really well in bottle holders on backpacks

i have the 20100; it's excellent. relatively compact (a little long, but if you think roughly the size of a flashlight in length then you've got it - and the depth/width make it easy to store in side pockets and stuff).

i've literally never managed to exhaust the battery. i've traveled around the world and back with it and it was fine.

obviously i charged it when i had a chance - i'm not claiming it's infinite in capacity - but i never got enough time to top it up; it's hard to imagine a scenario where i'd be off the grid for so long that i would exhaust it. i would almost be willing to say that if you don't do really off the grid stuff (like week-long hikes in the wilderness where you also need your smartphone on and with you for some reason), you could get by with something more compact.

I've got an Anker Astro E7 26800mAh pack for flying/roadtrips/work and its awesome. Solid build and great capacity. I'll get a smaller version for the next long trip with lots of walking around planned as it will be easier for the wife to keep in her purse.

I use an iPhone, so I don't have to carry an extra car battery around with me just in case I need to use my phone for a few minutes...
I hear for all their faults, Windows Phones are pretty similar.

It must suck to be a droid who needs to carry constantly buy and carry around extra power banks just to do normal everyday stuff.

Hey Pajeet, learn English!

i have an iPhone and i benefit from a battery pack. if you don't get calls, texts, or other notifications, great! your battery will get you through the day! but a lot of us find ourselves tapping out the battery and not necessarily having time to access a wall outlet.

If my phone was useless its battery would last too. No need to ever touch it.

Maybe upgrade from an iPhone 3GS sometime then.

I get 2 days of actual use (5-7 hours of calls, a hundred or so emails and maybe 20-30 texts, maybe 2-3 hours of web browsing at the most and about 16 hours of music) from my now older iPhone5S.

I don't play games, I don't watch mobile video and my music is stored on the device (swapped out via itunes every week)

I think my usage patterns are pretty normal, when compared to family and friends (maybe swap the emails and texts for some friends and probably remove emails and add them entirely to texts for family - other than that, it's about normal)

I just really don't understand how people run out battery so quickly...

That was me about 10 mins ago
When I came out I didnt know if I felt any worse or better, after seeing what I saw.

it's an iphone 6. i don't play games or watch media on it at all. the music i listen to is all locally stored as well. i only use it to respond to incoming notifications from people whose messages need a response. otherwise i see the notification and ignore it until i get to my computer. the only time it sees really consistent use is when i'm running and tracking information.

so when i'm not traveling, if i didn't keep my phone connected to a charger at my desk, i would reasonably expect it to be at ~20% at the end of the day (and that seems dangerously irresponsible; if i have to book it someplace then i'm leaving with pretty much a guarantee that my phone will be dead before i get back).

when i travel, it's reasonable for me to anticipate that i won't be sitting near an outlet for long enough to charge my phone more than 5 minutes; it's also likely that i'll be on the move like that for ~20 hours a day. the above "only deal with urgent+important notifications on the phone" rule and my travel means it's pretty much a given that i'll need to charge or have a dead phone by the end of any given day of travel.

you just don't seem to use your phone that much. that's fine. if you think that says something about you, then that's probably your own baggage.

is there a power bank of reasonable size that can charge a laptop?

I'm looking mostly for something to use with my surface pro 3

>there's not way you have a phone that has a battery with a capacity beyond 1500
Are you serious?

I've seen quite a few that are capable of quick charging like phones.

Xiaomi

What? Just get the right fucking cable you cocksniffer.

Needs to be supported by phone and bank. There are a bunch for just about every quick charge technology.

Nah, they must be quite big to do that.

Anker best power bank i ever used

Be a man and get the Anker 26500mAh battery. Things are fantastic.

Do they make power banks that can also charge laptops/_
Thinkpad?

I'm pretty sure they aren't strong enough to power it. While they can certainly extend the time before your battery dies, your laptop will probably discharge faster than it charges instead of just charging it, unless you turn it off while charging. Not sure if there are power banks for laptops tho.

encrypted.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=powerbank laptop

Oy vey that was difficult wasn't it

> I'm pretty sure they aren't strong enough to power it.
You probably could power most laptops off a single good 18650 on a step-up converter without breaking that battery, but it'd just not last very long... either way, it works out easily with multiple.

> your laptop will probably discharge faster than it charges instead of just charging it, unless you turn it off while charging
Nah, you should be able to get the same kind of 12V-19V power like you'd get from your PSU. On a realistic laptop anyhow.

Still there are only a few of those power banks and the solution kinda sucks in most instances vs simply just having a second laptop battery.

Xiaomi Powerbank pro.

Is it good? I need quick charge 2.0

I don't have it since I don't need Quick Charge 2.0.

But I'm sure it is good - the cheaper power banks already are great (they're efficient in charging/discharging, the protection works, and the batteries they use internally are quality ones).

anker, kauf es junge
its called USP buy from APC

If you're looking for the best and biggest, Aukey have a 30k mAh bank. €40. They have a offical store on Ali.

I like the facet they have 2 input ports so it doesn't take your lifetime to charge it.

This beast is 15,600mAh and was like $15. It'll charge my G3 from to full from empty five times. I'll also use it to charge my Jaybrids in a pinch. The only downside is the time that it takes to charge the brick, itself, because of its capacity. I got it about a couple of years ago. Can't seem to find it anywhere now, though.

I bought a Xiaomi 10400mah battery and it does me well. It can charge up my phone three times before the bank needs to be charged. It has saved me twice since I've had it, and my friends countless times.

On an unrelated note, why are normies so fucking bad at keeping their devices charged? I can't comprehend why every time I pick up my gf's phone, it's at 23% at 11am.

> why are normies so fucking bad at keeping their devices charged?
I think most of them charge them daily but drain battery with social media apps...

Had some bad Ankers. Never had a problem with EasyAcc.