FUCKING AMD MAKE MORE OF THEM REEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING AMD MAKE MORE OF THEM REEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx480/
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/08/nvidia-intel-xeon-phi-deep-learning-gpu
blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/08/16/correcting-some-mistakes/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137023
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q4VT3AzIBXSfKZdsJF94qvlJ7Mb1VvJvLowX6dmHWVo/edit#gid=0
dimercom.mx/index.php?route=common/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how about release the fucking 490 already so i can decide on whether to buy an nvidia or fucking an amd

480 nitro+ will be gud. 8 pin finally.

Whats their fucking problem

Should I do the 3GB GTX 1060 instead? so sick of waiting to build my rig

yes goyim

i don't get it

absolutely not. get the rx480 you idiot. More than twice the VRAM and better overall performance for less money. Are you retarded?

jews want you to get a 1060. It's a huge rip off. More expensive, less vRAM, less FP32 performance, overall vomit inducing DX12 performance, ect. You're literally paying more for less with the 1060.

>forced to wait 3 months to build a PC even though it's capitalism in le 2016 and there is no fucking excuse to not have this shit in stock already

god forbid I explore other avenues

i got mine

Keep an eye out for this:

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx480/

The Rx 480 turned out to be extremely popular especially with butt coin miners. It wasn't a paper launch like so many people are memeing everywhere but simply that AMD underestimated the demand this GPU would produce.

We should be getting a larger stock at the end of august. But again keep an eye put for that website every day, these motherfuckers sell out like in a week.

Just installed my XFX RX 480 GTR, pretty great so far. Getting ~130fps in Doom on Ultra at 1080p.

Is the 8 gb worth it for the extra 40? sounding like it's not

the nitro went out of stock in seconds when i tried to get one.

ended up going with the same one this user has even though it cost a bit more.

If you live in the US you can use jet.com to get a 15% off code on your purchase. Got my 8GB GTR for 260.

i know the feeling op.

24 days and still hasn't shipped yet from amazon for my strix 480's.

on the plus side after bitching at amazon they gave me free one day shipping.

asus press release stated mid august.... well its been mid august this entire week and still nothing has been released.

wtf asus. all i wanted was my desktop to be up and running for legion.

why on earth would you buy a beefy 480 and not a mid range 1060?

So what's the best deal? Standard RX480 4GB without any extra shit or twin nitro 8GB shit for 280?

Mod the bios

Build the rig now to save time. Run Intel graphics. Then when you get your hands on the GPU it will feel like sex to boot up a game.

the 1060 is a pile of vile jewish shit.

why the fuck would i want to waste money buying a gimped dx12 card like the 1060. the worst value if you care about keeping your card(s) for more than a year. its performance value ratio plummets drastically in dx12. none of its dx11 performance translates over at all.

too late for that, oh well, will have to miss a few chicken tendies meals i guess.

That's weird, here in Norway the GTR is cheaper than the Nitro, getting mine tomorrow

Just get a 1060, it's much better anyway

Uhh the 1060 is only 1% slower in DX12 and ridiculously faster in everything else.

On average, a 1060 is 13.72% better than a 480.

On average, when using DX11, a 1060 is 15.25% better than a 480.

On average, when using DX12, a 1060 is 1.02% worse than a 480.

On average, when using Vulkan, a 1060 is 27.13% better than a 480.

The 1060 is much faster than the 480 and only $10 more.

literally mining cartels bulk buying before they hit stores

its amazing how fast nvidia shills flood into any amd thread and quickly turn it into a amd sucks thread.

even the zen threads got filled with nvidia shills turning it into a nvidia vs amd thread and amd sucks.

can never have a general amd thread before it turns into a nvidia shitfest.

its really sad.

on a side note here's some nvidia funnies:
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/08/nvidia-intel-xeon-phi-deep-learning-gpu

nvidia is going after the monster intel for doing the same stunts nvidia does. hsun Huang doesn't like the taste of his own medicine. even more hilarious is intel themselves state everything nvidia is bitching about in their fine print.

blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/08/16/correcting-some-mistakes/

lmao. they virtually have their own correct the record. wouldn't be surprise me if they go far enough and higher legitimate shills to shill boards like ocn.net and /g like CTR does with /pol and reddit.

oh butthurt nvidia. its glorious.

>XFX RX 480 GTR
The name sounds like a Nippon car

>1080p
>buying card with 8gb vram
lol

I really want one, but I'm not comfortable paying nearly $300 when we were promised it would be $200.

>much faster
seamlessly faster. On selected games. That's pretty much a tie.

and it's just stupid to a 3GB card when you can have a 8GB card for less money

stay cucked goy

the 8gb version is clocked 250mhz higher.

not that it will matter as HBM rolls out next year

The VRAM doesn't matter when the card is only as powerful as a 970.

>2016
>3GB of VRAM
Might aswell buy the 970, you get an extra 0.5GB

Wouldn't the 3gb cause your HDD/SSD's to wear out faster with the constant reloading?

bait

Ah yes, the Nissan Radeon RX 480

>I'll just call it bait because it's true.
Fang-sue pls.

So if all you want to do is maxed out 1080p gaming, why are the 3/4 gig models bad?

How is the RX 480 able to outperform (according to this thread) the 1060? Everything I've read is ~10% performance increase for DX11 games across the board in favor of the 1060.

What the fuck

>So if all you want to do is maxed out 1080p gaming, why are the 3/4 gig models bad?
Modern games can exceed 4GB of vRAM on max 1080p settings.

>How is the RX 480 able to outperform (according to this thread) the 1060?
DX12

>Everything I've read is ~10% performance increase for DX11 games across the board in favor of the 1060.
True but DX11 is an ancient API made in 2008 that will be completely phased out soon. Nvidia cards can't into DX12 and are a horrible choice if you care about vydia coming out in the next few years.

Nvidia is especially a bad idea if you plan to play VR games for latency issues it has.

Anway:
You like to play old games: Nvidia
You want to play new games: AMD

Can confirm, bought a 1060 and after a couple hours of playing vidya my computer was up in flames

>1080p gaming

You're a fool if you think 1080p has static performance.

Real talk, I really wanted the nitro 480 but its sold out everywhere. What is my best alternative?

The XFX 480 is 299
The MSI 480 is 289
The Gigabyte 1060 GTX is 269
The Asus 1060 is 289

I will be ordering two this week, one for me to replace my 8800gts and one for my friends fresh build

Or is there something I didnt list?

You just could wait and build the computer without it and run off integrated until it gets in stock.

How much worse is a 470 in terms of performance? Only a couple FPS, yeah?

I don't have a 144hz monitor, so should I just go ahead and get the 470? Also can I mod the bios like the 480 to unlock 8gb?

Add another game to the "It's better on AMD" list

>Do sex autism
>looks like shit
>shit reviews
no thanks, I'll pass

topkek

>mfw The 7470M is better than all the current pascal cards

goy = non-jewish person

hey guys fun thread don't mind me

>gpu memory
>a ranking factor
>ever

2GB of vRAM? What do you need 1GB of vRAM goy?

Stop cry, get a 1060 and go away...

what did he mean by this?

Yeah goy, take one more GB, you need this. Better yet, you don't pay for it.

1060 is way faster in all combined benchmarks, it's no contest.

It still doesn't make up for the dogshit DX12 performance. nvidiots are going to all be on suicide watch as more DX12 titles get released.

ITT: amd shills
0.58 cents deposited into your accounts

The 1060 is only 1% behind the 480 in DX12. 1%.

While in all games the 1060 is 13.72% faster.

>it's a poor people talking about mid-range GPUs episode

Aren't Reddit and Youtube enough for you?

More like 15% behind lmao

Anyway more DX12 titles are coming out and the 1060 lacks full hardware async compute, it's pretty much guaranteed to suck ass. As AMD drivers get better we should be seeing better DX12 performance and more nvidiot tears.

>$199 card advertised
>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137023
>$295 card

At this price, its just lower power 390.

Nightmare settings in Doom don't unlock unless you have more than 4gb of vram

>mfw the gtx 1080 is just a rebtand of the HD 4760

Doom Vulkan version is by far the best "next gen" driver using game so far IMO.

If DX12 versions of things like DX:MD see anything remotely similar in gains, I might have to finally move to Win10.

>using dx 12
>not dx 311

INVESTIGATE IT BILL CLINTON

Nope it's 1%

See: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q4VT3AzIBXSfKZdsJF94qvlJ7Mb1VvJvLowX6dmHWVo/edit#gid=0

Also the 1060 has full hardware async compute. That's why the 1060 easily beats the 480 in DX12 benchmarks like Time Spy.

Honestly the 480 is just really bad compared to the 1060.

bought an gtx 960 as a christmas gift for myself last year, should I upgrade my rig with a rx 480?

dimercom.mx/index.php?route=common/home

My friend mines butt coins and ordered 60 of them. He's a nobody so I can imagine how many are being purchased by larger mining operations.

They aren't coming back in stock.

If you live in the uk the 1060 6gb is a no brainer. It's like 50 quid cheaper than the cheapest 480 8gb aib in stock. Don't know about the 3gb 1060 or 4gb 480 though. I haven't seen any 4gb 480s in stock since release.

Holy shit, do you believe these numbers yourself?

They're real, directly from here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q4VT3AzIBXSfKZdsJF94qvlJ7Mb1VvJvLowX6dmHWVo/edit#gid=0

Guy compiled all the reviews of the 1060 and 480 together.

would be paying for a very incremental increase, consider a 970

Get a 1070 or 1060

MSI Gaming X RX 480 for £257.99 at Ebuyer.com in stock.

I dont care about dx11 and old games. The rx480 can run dx11 games just fine. What I do care about are future releases. Rx 480 does better with modern apis. Every dx12 or vulkan review I see puts the rx480 above 1060. Also I dont want my card to get shit after the first year. If I buy a card I will use it for 3 years.

Dx12...by the time thats fully functional and most game makers are using it the 480 will be a door stop... ah hang on yeah it already is one

Look nobody cares about your fucking rant over who's better and cheaper, Nvidia can go suck a cock for all I care. Now fagboy shut the fuck up and get the fuck out. because Nvidia Sucks!

The OP is a fucking faggot

>You like to play old games: Nvidia
>You want to play new games: AMD
Is it really this simple?

Is there any reason to buy 8 GB RX 480 over the 4 GB one?

4gb 480s don't even exist, it was just marketing. get the rx 470 if you want the 4gb card.

>bought rx 480 nitro on 4th
>was shipped on 11th due to no stock, arrived on 15th
>played all games on +60fps on 1080p for 3 days
>died. no fan activity, no sapphire logo
>tried different psu and mobo
>RMA it and send it back to Germany
>six more days to ship to there
>no idea how long will it take to get a new one back

And my OC'd sapphire radeon 5000 series lasted this far without any problems.

Hold me Sup Forums

Most people don't buy the latest graphics card every year. Nvidia is for people who do that, AMD is for people who want to buy one and then use it for like 5 years.

In fairness, the 970 is a pretty powerful card and still very expensive for its age.

The 3GB 1060 is gimped. There's more missing than 3GB of VRAM. It should be called 1050Ti. Just more shady advertising by nvidia. Get an RX470/480.

>150W
No thanks.

Shilling aside, what's the verdict on the RX 470/480. Which one is the best bang for the buck and 4GB or 8 GB for 2560x1440 ?

a 480 in 5 years, you will be playing the same stuff you are now then.

Newegg had the MSI 8gb in stock this morning, just sniped one

Or you simply don't play the games in 5 years on everything maxed but instead on medium? People do that a lot, not everyone has 500 bucks a year of disposable income for graphics cards.

Also AMD cards consistently improved their performance with drivers over the years, compared to launch. If the RX 480 can handle 1080p on max settings at 60 fps now, it will still be able to do so for the next year at least, and even then it will work good on high settings the following years after that.

>buy 2GB card
>play recent games with it
>hit the 2GB mark
>everything slows down and your fps go to shit
yeah why care about the memeory u'r all just tech illiterates :^^^^^^^^^^^)

Not really. The fact is nobody really knows. You pays your money and takes your chances. For all we know the 1060 may be the better buy in the course of a year or two. Or it might not. Flip a fucking coin. In reality it's as good a guess as most can give.