What CAN'T an iPhone do that an Android can?

What CAN'T an iPhone do that an Android can?

I've been using Android devices since the G1 and lately I've been thinking about switching to an iPhone. So what will I lose by doing so?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGCA_v4WUaI
kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-5/audio-quality.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

complete loss of customization

Money.

I do like home screen ricing but honestly if I can organize the apps a little bit, whatever. Does it go deeper than that?

>So what will I lose by doing so?
Battery life.

play weebums

your heterosexuality.

WebM. It's a pain in the ass on my iPad.

I hope you like Safari

If the rumors are true about the new one, I hope you own wireless headphones

>been using iPhone all my life
>Sup Forums shills me into a Nexus 5
I cannot wait for the iPhone 7 to come out and getting the fuck out of Android forever. Never again Sup Forums.

Jailbroke it and you will be fine

Didn't the Nexus 5 come out in 2013? And you bought one recently? Jesus why

Android phones have a max shelf life of maybe two years and that's pushing it honestly.

>Safari
I've been using Chrome for a long time but want to drop it too. Is there no Firefox on iPhone? I already use Bluetooth headphones so that's whatever

there is a webm browser that plays webums. it was made by a redditor, i bought and refunded it to use it on my iphone 5. it worked on Sup Forums. my iphone 5 is broken now, can't name the app.

>No stock firmwares to get away from the botnet
>Sideloading apps is a pain because you need to resign them every week
>No custom Kernels to improve shit battery life
>Chargers are much more expensive than micro USB even if you buy third party (which might not work because real apple cords have an ID chip in them marking them as genuine)
>mediocre camera with shit lowlight
>no file explorer, terminal emulator, root, or ricing of any kind without a jailbreak
>can't download certain files from the internet without a third party app (like mp3s)
>just like Android, iOS can get malware if you're stupid
>Screen is a fingerprint magnet
>Siri still more shit than google now
The list goes on and on.

No I bought one in 2014 to replace my iPhone 5 which I gave to a relative, and endured it ever since.

>lagdroids have max shelf life of maybe two years
nice phone you got there.

Your heterosexuality.

Be designed for straight men

record calls

schedule recordings of internet radio

Expandable storage

Apple did a good work squeezing every mAh of those tiny batteries, I wonder if an Android device would survive a day with those small batteries…

>chargers are expensive
Agreed
>Shit camera
Wrong
>no terminal emulator
Irrelevant for their target group

>implying people buying high-end phones care about budget

Having to switch app stores and have multiple icloud accounts just to download apps from different regions is why I am switching

well meme'd rajeesh!

I have a number of tap and swipe features on mine. Double tap the screen turns it off, etc

The iPhone is just grids of apps with different backgrounds

who /backwithapple/ here. had a galaxy that made me want to kill myself every day

No file management. That should be enough to stay away from that crap. Just get an high end android phone to avoid the lag.

>So what will I lose by doing so?
Your anal virginity.

>my foot are already tied
>please apple tied my hand too, I hate liberty
Since there is no FLOSS devices out there, android without google botnet is best option.

Galaxy is the reason I moved over to iPhone. I was sick of all the lag, and the general unpolished feel of android. My friend asked me to text his girl while he was driving one day, I noticed how fluid iMessage was, and thought to myself, "why am I using this buggy hacker crap that lags all the fucking time, screw android."

All the shortcomings don't really bother me. I don't really use my phone for much outside of email, text, and phone calls.

can't make you look like a pedophile virgin

>What CAN'T an iPhone do that an Android can?
Lag, lag, lag.

Run clover

>comparing different battery capacities
What if we equip all those phones with batteries of the same Wh so all of them can compete in equal conditions?

Alright, we'll set all the other phones to match the iPoverty phone's 1136x640 eye cancer resolution too and watch the iShits get truly destroyed.

I literally cannot comprehend how someone can want to switch TO apple, especially if they've already been using Android for years

What makes someone think "hmm maybe I kind of want an iphone?"

>ishit screens aren't even 720p

seriously it's getting really fucking pathetic. it's 2016 god damn it.

Bullshit, my mom's 5s stutters and drops frames while scrolling, switching apps or showing the notification bar or Control center. I also read of 6s Plus with uneven framerate when using Force Touch. iOS has never got that bad.

People who want to fit in the normie scene.

no lag
blue messages
futureproofing
build quality
social status
ARM based processor
etc.

Those are all reasons to switch to android though.

>Build quality
U wot m8, iphones are cheap as shit compared to similarly priced android phones

I couldnt find an app like twighlight to dim my screen and remove blue light. Didnt look that hard either.

i have a nexus 6p

it lags. it's not futureproof at all, i'll have to replace it due to artifacts on the camera lens. not the camera was good in the first place but it's basically unusable now. build quality is fucking garbage, the plastic at the edge of the screen is now just randomly chipping off. it gives no social status, everyone (rightfully) just assumes it's cheap chink garbage.

iphone is better in every way, i was using my boss's iphone 5 the other day and was using it with no lag.

Not be a laggy piece of shit when apple sends the kill switch command.

play webms

Yeah seriously, everything just seems to be more fluid. My galaxy was laggy out of the box and no amount of tweaking seemed to be able to fix it. It would barely run if I had group texting going on with other apps, refuse to unlock half the time and a ton of other shit.

Developers seem to put more effort into iOS apps too I've noticed. Everything is prettier. Only thing I miss is not having a Sup Forums app and webms are a pain but I'll live.

Jailbreak or install VLC you stupid faggot

Why are you replying to yourself Rajeesh?

Get a real tablet you stupid faggot.

SHILLS

>social status
Even poorfags can get a new iPhone on contract almost for free.

>no lag
youtu.be/cGCA_v4WUaI
60fps viewing is a must.

Don't get an iPhone we don't want you

Shut up Pajeet.

file browser

/thread - go home guys it's over

>not the first reply

Wow this was really informative. I have the same problem with my galaxy. I'm going to go to the AT&T store tmrw and trade it in for a new iphone. I just can't deal with the performance of Android phones anymore.
Thanks a lot.

>Buy a phone where shit works out of box
>Buy a phone u have to unfuck to get things working.

kys android tard

liek omg liek i have the same problem w my ANDROID im gonna go buy an Apple iPhone with Retina Display right now on sale at Best Buy xDDDD

>literally being able to lose your storage

>he can't calculate a square root to the nth place on his iBrick using bc

iPhone 6s Plus:
Battery: 2750 mAh
Endurance: 85h
0.031/mA

Gionee Marathon M3:
Battery: 5000 mAh
Endurance: 148h
0.30/mA

Samsung Galaxy S6 active:
Battery: 3500 mAh
Endurance: 109h
0.031/mA

I'm too lazy to do more, but they're all about the same. Apple's batteries have the same performance as most other manufacturers'. There are differences every once in a while, but they're not too great; you'd do well with one of the thirty-nine phones ahead of the Apple iPhone 6s Plus, which has the best endurance of any phone manufactured by the company.

High latency audio

>battery capacity

The only worthwhile measure of battery life is by hours you fantard piece of shit.

They did good work on the batteries but still don't give enough for decent battery life

100 times this. I can't even upload anything to a web app that's not pic/video. I can't peruse any config files. I can't save docs for reference. If iPhone could offer this and a free SDK I'd suck the Apple dick so hard.

File manager
MicroSD
Removable batteries, sometimes
Free tethering
Unlockable bootloader, sometimes

you need Fortune. It might be a jailbreak-only app but idk

Default third party apps, system-wide ad blockers, proper file browsers and a lack of customization come to mind. You can fix most of these problems by jailbreaking, though.

Yeah but the point is you shouldn't have to. You don't have to root android for this.

Also, battery performance is largely dependent on what is running. I have an HTC 10, which has a mediocre battery by comparison. However, a charge holds for three days when the device is used minimally and services like location and NFC are disabled.

This. My HTC 10 has a 2560x1440 screen at 565 ppi. The iPhone 6s Plus has a resolution of 1920x1080 at 326 ppi. It also has limited storage and can't be used for much beyond browsing the Internet.

I can connect to my file server at work, download my files (like C++) over FTP, save them directly on my phone, open them in a text editor, edit them, compile them, and install them as an application. Try doing that with an iPhone.

I completely agree, it was a hassle having an iPhone run on the latest version of iOS while keeping it jailbroken at the same time, wouldn't want to go back again.

I might jump ship again next year if Apple decides to continue opening up iOS and releases some competitive hardware, though.

....wtf I hate iPhone now

But really there's no Sup Forums app available on the app store? That (and lack of expandable storage) might actually be enough to prevent me from switching.

Let me guess since youre an apple fag you still have stock right?

Try krexus. You'll get so much more battery life and you can UAW open gapps to pick and choose how much of googles default bullshit is on the phone.

Dude the cameras are shit... Especially compares to certain models of android phones.

I keep thinking of things as I read through this thread. I also appreciate the fact that my phone can take pictures in RAW. The camera works just as well as that of a new iPhone (both can shoot 4K video at 30fps), but has many more features.

>overpriced

You pay for quality

>no mSD slot

Who cares?

>shit res screen

Nope

>shit camera

Nope

>shit battery life

Nope

>shit mobile OS

Nope

>no native file browser

Who cares?

>can't use phone as a flash drive

Who cares? It's a phone

>have to use lagtunes to access one

I'll give you that

>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi

Who cares?

>can't share jack shit over bluetooth

You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure

>no back button

Good. Swiping is better

>shit multi-tasking

Who cares? It's a phone, silly

>less apps

Better quality and more current/secure etc.

>encryption is full of backdoors

Nope

Android is ok when you're poor and immature using it for: ricing for fun, sharing files like a good criminal and generally acting like a cYboR haCK3r with your redundant file browser and cli on a phone. Once you graduate to grown-up, non-neet status you get a comfy iPhone.

Sup Forums apps are, iirc, banned on the Apple app store
You'd have to jailbreak it and download one off a 3rd party store.

I'm having a hard time believing you really support Apple.

If you do, your arguments should be better than "Nope" and "Who cares?"; you're not very convincing.

IPhone requires jailbreak to play n64. Android doesn't.

>replying to pasta

You forget the "arguments" that are being responded to are based on subjective opinion. The original wasn't convincing either.

This. If your into audio or music dont get android. It still cant manage to get the audio under 10ms while 6 yrs old iPhone 4 can.

how to play n64 on android?

Good explanation of the normie perspective.

If I'm paying $600 for a handheld computer that also makes phone calls, it better be able to function as such.

If I wanted just a phone, I'd buy a Nokia brick and call it a day. I admit the iPhone is a good phone, but it is a poor PDA/mobile computing device.

kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-5/audio-quality.htm

iPhone is the audiophile's choice.

>handheld computer that also makes phone calls

You're also paying that much money to have the most insecure computing device on sale. It's laughable that some people on this board assume it's better because it does more things. Android's attack surface is so much greater than iOS. I don't really give a shit either way so whatever.

Mega N64 on play store. Then go to the Pirate Bay and downlosd the entire n64 collection in one single torrent.

I bought a $25 android controller that also works on PC. It's a knockoff of the Xbox 360 controller and works better than the original n64 controller. I would not recommend playing without some controller. I tried for a few days but just got frustrated.

Well iphone cant lag as good and cant force you to factory setting at least once a year to make it usable

Windows attack surface is greater than Linux. That doesn't mean it can be secured or used securely and responsibly.

While not the case in the previous example. That greater attack surface is due to greater functionality.

>Shit
This is not implying that the Apple camera is terrible

There isn't any way that it can be disputed that Android has many options for phones with better cameras than the single iPhone camera

>Windows attack surface is greater than Linux.
>That doesn't mean it can be secured or used securely and responsibly.

You can keep trying to patch the holes in the hull as they appear or start with an already solid hull. To choose the former would be silly.

>While not the case in the previous example. >That greater attack surface is due to greater functionality.

And why the fuck would you need such functionality using a phone when they are all more vulnerable than even a Window XP computer? Having a baseband modem means they are exploitable.

And yet the iPhone camera is almost always the best quality.

>(same as iPhone)

Exactly why you shouldn't use a fucking nsa device as a personal computer