IIT; You have $800 to make the best gaming PC you can, What do you buy?

>IIT; You have $800 to make the best gaming PC you can, What do you buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/kZbJf8
pcpartpicker.com/list/dDYxcc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>gaymen

wrong board, kiddo

A treadmill for excersise you fag

I3 6100+rx 480 because why would you need more?

the struggle

I'm not asking for computer advice im just posing a le questionnaire game le

le kill yourself you gigantic cock sucking faggot

logical increments

google it

we wont do your shopping for you

>i3 for budget build

Fuck off with your dumb Jewtel autism fuckwit
Buy a fucking 8320 for that price you massive retard

I5-6500
Some basic bitch H110 mobo
8 gb (2x4) non ricer heat sink RAM
GTX 1060 or RX 480 (whichever one is cheaper and more in stock for you at the time)
Basic bitch 450w or less PSU (80+ bronze minimum)
Corsair spec 02 case
128gb SSD
2 TB HDD.

le money face le xd

Sun SPARC cluster, nothing else comes close.

Pretty much this
Just make sure power supply isn't complete shit, and choose a case to better suite your aesthetics

A used PS2, all the games you want, and whatever vodka is in the cheapo bins at BevMo.

If you want a GAYMEN PEECEE get a real fucking budget.

This famalam

This was a decent challenge.

pcpartpicker.com/list/kZbJf8

I'd usually pick something other than G.Skill but I hear it works pretty well for the Z170I. GPU's weak but it's a build you can grow into, and for $800 that's what you want to do: grow into it. It's not worth cheaping out on the PSU and Mobo just to get 5 more frames in OW or whatever the flavor of the month is.

Even $400 is enough for something acceptable. Take your elitism back to your PC master bait subreddit.

>not rx 480
what the fuck are you doing

A decent mobo and PSU are $200, at least. How is $400 even close? At that price you're honestly better off getting a refurb, off lease workstation with an i5-i7 and putting a card in it.

That's almost exactly what I meant.

>Update
>pay more for overclocking cpu/chipset, cpu cooler
>shit graphics card
No, for $800 you go with a non-k cpu on chipset 110/150 and a 1060.

Oh sorry, misread.

A chip will probably last you longer than a card.

youre fucking retarded

To be fair, you could save on the non-K chip and put more into the SSD. It's strange, but the GPU is probably where you want prioritize the lowest; get a good mobo, case, cpu, psu, and ram before you even consider what card you put in there. You can balance storage vs the card pretty easily, want a beefier card? Smaller SSD, or save for the HDD and just be really frugal with drive space. If you're on any sort of budget other than "Sky's the limit", GPU should be 25-33% of your budget at the most. It's not worth getting an expensive GPU and then burning it out because of cheap parts.

Let's put it this way: the GPU is the only component in a build that you have redundancy for: the iGPU. Any other component goes, you're fucked. GPU goes? Yeah you can't play games, but you can browse the web for a new GPU.

GAMING PC was in OPs post. You get the best fucking GPU in your target price range possible. For a gaming PC a true quad core is preferable, so any i5. If you want to spend less, do so at your own peril, as the i3-6300 or FX 8350 May fuck you in certain games.

That said, you never "future proof" a PC. You buy now within your budget and purpose based. If it's a gaming PC then the GPU is the most important part, CPU being 2nd, though not by much.

This is the line of thinking that leads to melted GPUs. I wouldn't spend more than $150 on a GPU until my budget was over $1200.

OP, all of the faggots recommending anything other than an AMD Phenom II 1100T are trying to make you fuck up your build.

Your weekly rupee deposit has been made, don't spend it all in one place.

>quad core Intel shit
>not a 6 core AMD Phenom II
Remember OP, more cores = more performance.

FX is on it's way out. It had a good run, but it'd be a mistake to buy it now, with Zen around the corner.

pcpartpicker.com/list/dDYxcc
R8

What fucking era are you living in? PC parts are reliable as fuck, the most fragile component is the hard drive, and you'd have to either be highly unfortunately or EXTREMELY retarded to break anything else.

Just stay with name brands and know what kind of warranties there are.

Sapphire and EVGA for GPU's. Typically best price for performance and based as fuck warranties.

Corsair, Seasonic, EVGA for PSU's. 80+ bronze minimum.

ASUS, MSI, SuperMicro, gigabyte, EVGA for mobos.

RAM is RAM, it either works or it doesn't.

For a gaming PC the GPU is your most important component, you're a moron if you think other wise. Further, price / perf, the RX 460 is in an awful position.

Every after market 480 is 40-50 bucks above price

It's shit, get an fx-9590.

>Just stay with name brands

This is why it gets expensive. You can get a 1060 in an $800 build but you'll have to make compromises elsewhere, and that compromise should never be in the most important components.

So yes, stay with name brands. And spend your money on name brands in the important components, don't prioritize a name brand GPU and get a no-name mobo.

See
There's no compromises and it's still name brands. Honestly the only thing wrong with it is
>seagate
But you got an extra $35 to play with in that build, get a WD blue 2 TB instead.

>Corsair PSU
>not even listing which EVGA PSU to buy since they outsource their production (from the top of my head the EVGA 1000 G2 is a quality Super Flower unit
>80+ bronze minimun
>as if rating was any sort of guarentee
>not knowing there are 80+ gold PSUs that are less efficient than 80+ Bronze PSUs
>and 80+ Bronze PSUs less efficient than non-rated ones
>ASUS motherboard with their high failure rates and non-existant warranty
>MSI motherboard with their non-existant warranty

What a an awful piece of advice.

Could've gone cheaper if you didn't go with ITX.

>Further, price / perf, the RX 460 is in an awful position.
Comparable to nvidia's stuff around that price.

Or get a 2tb Hitachi instead.

>V300 in a desktop
>Gigabyte
>430w PSU

Definitely compromises. Yeah he might not need more than 430w, but down the road when he adds 3 more storage drives and a second card for SLI you're replacing the PSU too. Always give yourself PSU overhead.

>Asus
>High failure rates.

Don't think I've ever seen an Asus mobo die. Won't disagree on the CS though. Thing is you'll never need it.

Oh also >microatx

You're replacing the mobo then too. Prolly a good idea to ditch the gigabyte though. Awful board layout, firmware, and reliability rates closer to Biostar or ASRock

>SLI / Xfire ever
No.

Never had any issues with Gigabyte. I've assembled PC's for clients and do a pretty "even spread" of the big name brands, flavor of the week whatever is a better buy at the time. ASUS and Gigabyte just tend to be the most premium (especially on features) for the price when they go on sale.

Don't need >500w PSU in 80% of modern PC's. SLI 1080's and a 6700k runs on 500w PSU.

>V300
Whatever. Again there's an extra $30 in that build. Put it towards samsung if you really care that much.

a macbook pro with ass display

>RX 460 is in an awful position.
This, the GTX 460 is a significantly better card for your money.

>SLI 1080's and a 6700k runs on 500w PSU

Bullshit.

I'm not as adamantly anti Gigabyte as my boss but I've had some awful fucking experiences with their firmware and I'm inclined to believe what he says about them anecdotally.

I'm not saying you have to go with a 950 evo (honestly after the TRIM thing I don't think I'll buy another Samsung SSD) but a V300 will not perform better enough than an HDD in a desktop to warrant buying one; they're more meant for laptop HDD replacement, where shock resistance is more important than performance.

Buy a t420 and a PS4

A Playstation 4.