I wanted to write to my personal blog for a moment and say how impressed I am with ubuntu

I wanted to write to my personal blog for a moment and say how impressed I am with ubuntu.

Drivers for Wifi and touch work out of box. Netflix natively works in chrome (I wouldn't mind an explenation on that one...html5?) and I haven't had to fuck with too much in terminal to get how I want my browser experience to be.

Honestly I'm surprised to say that at this point the average windows 10 user could use Ubuntu.

My last experience was 3-4 years ago and getting flash installed to watch youtube without artifacting was more problems than it should have been.

Basically the point to this is if you're lurking and on the fence about Linux especially with all the windows 10 bullshit updates as of recently then you'll have no issues picking up this OS. Don't feel discouraged to use it because someone on Sup Forums said it was Linux baby's first OS.

Next step is fuck with KVM on my laptop (used to VMWare)

And then install ubuntu on my desktop and setup GPU passthrough

Ubuntu is a good OS. I use cinnamon on top of it

at least make it look good user

wtf that doesn't look good

That looks awful. Flat design was a mistake.

yes, ubuntu is great

> Drivers for Wifi and touch work out of box.
That's been the case for at least 3 years.
>Netflix natively works in chrome (I wouldn't mind an explenation on that one...html5?)
Netflix uses closed source DRM that most open source browsers refused to implement (Firefox buckled under the pressure and implemented it, so it's no longer completely open source).
Chrome has always had this DRM, but it only effects Netflix as of recently because Netflix used to use Microsoft Silverlight to play video (which had its own DRM, also windows only) but now uses html5 (so supports chrome across all operating systems), using the DRM software I noted on earlier. All modern browsers should support this, for better or worse

Ah I assumed it would be at the responsibility of MS making silverlight linux compatible not the browser's

lubuntu theme tweak

>installing Ubuntu
>Click "install updates and third party software" button during install
>Installer freezes
>goes back to OpenSUSE

Pretty comfy, user.

tyty

>Numix
>good

Pls, ubuntu doesn't even have a functioning clx package. How the fuck am I supposed to run stumpwm on it?

le unity hate meme

>OpenSUSE
>2016
literally pick one

>Using noobuntu
>Not using arch linux master race
plebs

It's actually a really good distro, I prefer the GNOME spin.

>.gif in 2016

The best distro I ever used, decided to stay with it. I pretty much have everything I need, I don't depend on Windows anymore, not just a bit. I need the latest software because I edit photos and videos, also I care about security and bugs. Ubuntu is ok but not for me, I had some problems with it, don't like 2000 packages out of the box and the Nouveau driver is old as shit. Yes, there is minimal install but if I have to do a minimal install, why not do Arch. It's good that Ubuntu exist and provides an easy install and friendly user experience. I wish they updated the software in their repositories more.