AMDOMINATION

Where were you when Intel was kill?

pcworld.com/article/3109327/hardware/let-the-cpu-wars-begin-amd-shows-its-zen-cpu-can-compete-with-intels-best.html

>Let the CPU wars begin: AMD shows its Zen CPU can compete with Intel’s best

Other urls found in this thread:

hardocp.com/news/2016/08/19/amd_gains_48_market_share_in_q1_2016#.V7f6srGxWHs
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4yr991/actual_mercury_research_amd_market_share_document/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Pushed back to 2017
>Q3 2016 brings Skylake-E

AMD sure is dominating the field of beating Intel two years too late.

AMD is just at the mercy of Intel. They don't want to kill them and trigger antitrust laws.

>can compete with Intel's best

And so the overhyping begins resulting in a huge letdown. It can compete with Intel's medium tier CPUs at best.

You're mixing up Skylake-E and Kaby Lake. You'll have to wait for Q1/Q2 2017 for the new meme platform.

/thread

High school teacher's friend is an engineer at Intel. They have shit in the labs 10 years ahead of what's commercially available ready to crush anything AMD puts out, and that was 10 years ago.

>being in high school

>being an illiterate high schooler

We all know it's not going to do shit.

AMD always promises this bullshit and never delivers.

AMD = Another Major Disappointment

>always

Nigger it's been 6 years since the last AMD CPU gen

Don't confuse AMD CPU division with AMD GPU division

Why did they downclock the Intel Core i7-6900K CPU to 3GHz instead of overclocking the AMD Zen CPU? I know why. Because the AMD Zen CPU probably won't go much above 3GHz. Meanwhile all Intel CPUs pretty much get to 4.3/4.4GHz.

AMD is dead.

We are having this thread for 5 years already
AMD and intel are both shit, both of them have retarded fanboys keeping their jewishim alive and well and bith of them will never release anything with more than 5% perfomance improvement (at most) every year

>can compete with Intel’s best

AMD promises what they deliver. The fanboys, on the other hand, blow the expectations way out of proportion. It's getting quite ridiculous at this point, you'd think they'd learn.

see

You do realize that the zen summit ridge cpu was an engineering sample, right? It probably can't hit high clocks yet, or there may be features that are currently still disabled since they are still in QA.

Even with this processor having such a big handicap, it still edges out intels second best at the same clocks. This shows that it is more efficient even in this unfinished state.

>You do realize that the zen summit ridge cpu was an engineering sample, right?

AMD doesn't have time to redesign and respin before launch. The A0 engineering samples we've seen are final silicon unless they put out a new stepping a few months after launch.

What the fug is with the dusty old Corsair desktops could AMD not afford the new Nvidia cases.

>Even with this processor having such a big handicap, it still edges out intels second best at the same clocks.

AMD has a history of faking demos. The real numbers we've seen from someone with access to the same 8 core SKU was closing to the i7-980 performance-wise.

underage b&

It takes a god to pull AMD out of the hole it dug

>real numbers
>Sup Forums

Hahaha!

Wow, those SATA ports next to socket (those are the ones interfacing straight from the CPU, rest is from the Promontory chipset).

Man, I would totally want a funky insider-use motherboard like that.

>Source: my dad works at Nintendo

>AMD has a history of faking demos

Citation needed

To make a point about IPC. They could just as well claim that test platform was 3.2 zen against 3.2 broadwell-e.

For all intents and purposes, they could just as well play a video of this shit rendered on Pentium III and speed it up 200 times.

AMD gains 4.8% market share.

'In total discrete graphics, AMD gained 4.8 share points to 34.2% of market by unit volume (based on Mercury Research). In desktop discrete, a subset of total discrete, AMD saw a 7.3 share point increase, rising to 29.9% market share. This is another positive testament AMD’s strategy is working as the company drives forward towards "Vega" offerings for the enthusiast GPU market, which AMD expects to bring to market in 2017 to complement our current generation of "Polaris" products.'

hardocp.com/news/2016/08/19/amd_gains_48_market_share_in_q1_2016#.V7f6srGxWHs

Nvidiots on suicide watch

they're both incompetent

>thread about cpus
>amdrone shits his gpu pasta

I hope it isnt true.

I just bought a computer, im super poor so i couldnt afford one in the upcoming years...

These power consumption numbers can't be real because we now know that poolaris is roughly equivalent perf/watt of maxwell.

>intel core i7 4770k with 4x4GB DDR4
They dun goof'd

those are actually near real performance

my rx480 does not even start its fans at mid settings in most games.

however its also twice the price of a 950, on brand new architecture and mid range not low end.

I honestly would be happy with an AMD CPU/Nvidia GPU rig. Unlike their garbage graphics cards their CPUs were actually pretty neat at the time, they simply fucked it up by being too "future proof" with more cores meme in an industry where future proofing is close to impossible. I really wish them best and hope they will focus on one hardware aspect, preferably CPUs.

im excite

Wanted to upgrade next year anyway for vega

>480RX
>enthusiast
?????????

retard

>dat 128 threads task manager pic

I wouldn't even know what to do with 16 threads but holy shit i want it.

Wait for the AMD high-end card retard

>he unironically believes that a bunch of pajeets with a couple of million in R&D budget can beats intells 3B+ R&D department and own fabs.

funny ive gone backwards from 8 threads in 2009-2014 to 4 threads since

Kill me :(

Posting update to correct my own posting. Fucking source is unreliable.

HardOCP are a bunch of faggots.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4yr991/actual_mercury_research_amd_market_share_document/

It's even worse than that, Nvidia spends just for their GPUs what AMD spends on their entire R&D budget

Honest question I would like to know the answer to. Why can't we have single core CPUs that are like 8 gigahertz with 128 megs of cashing?

Zen is not meant to compete with Intel's high end processors, but rather the mainstream market. Stop shilling you fucking Intelfags.

Bigger cache = more time lost when a cache miss occurs.

As for why not a bajillion gigaherz, electron leakage. Shit just doesn't work when electrons intended for one path jumps to another because the material can't handle the heat generated at those frequencies.

>Zen is not meant to compete with Intel's high end processors
what the fuck did I just read

ok. that kinda makes sense. thank you.

>Why can't we have single core CPUs that are like 8 gigahertz with 128 megs of cashing?
That's several questions in one, let's break it down.
>8GHz
A whole lot of reasons but the easiest to understand is that the signal travels at a certain speed and it needs to be able to get to the furthest edges of the chip before the clock cycle is over. The more clock cycles per second (that's the frequency) the less time that signal has to move. That's also why we can't just make huge chips.
>128 megs of cashing
The larger the cache the slower it is, basically. That's grossly oversimplifying it but it's one of the main reasons.

>Shit just doesn't work when electrons intended for one path jumps to another because the material can't handle the heat generated at those frequencies.
I... what? If you're going to give explanations, at least wipe the shit off them after you've pulled them out of your ass.

The smaller the die is, the smaller the insulation area is. The higher the clock frequency, the more heat is generated. The more heat is generated, the less efficient various doped materials are and electrons leak over where they're not supposed to be.

Its valid for me. That means lower proceso. Not everyone aims for the high tier

Sorry man, I'm a little bit too drunk and my banter power is slipping away.

>The higher the clock frequency, the more heat is generated

You're jumping several hundred important steps. It's like you've understood the general gist of what's going on but you don't really know for sure. You might have seen it in a picture book.

You want people to write fucking thesis papers on Sup Forums?

It's going to take that to explain what is a quantum phenomenon.

Could you fucking learn to resize?
This place is worse than /ic/.

who is this semen demon?

checked

>intents and purposes
>implying the saying isnt intensive purposes.

What do you do with it? I have both an i5 2400 and a Xeon e3 1240v2 and there doesn't seem to be much difference desu

Gamez racing sims that sort of thing

I want to bang her mouth

>Nigger it's been 6 years since the last AMD CPU

Uhh AMD released new processors in 2016...and guess what they were shit as usual.

Do you really miss those threads? Personally I only use them for converting video files, other than that I don't notice much difference.

she's just asking to get a photoshopped

1. Underage b&
2. You dumb fucking kids will believe anything

Yeah alot of games dont like 4 threads especially CPU intensive games like ACorsa and even normie games like GTA V start to choke

>she

a dude

I thought I read that HT is worse in a few cases but doesn't bring much advantage.

My Xeon is just my home server without gpu anyway so I'll never be able to compare but always wondered how it compares to my desktop i5.

And lo, from depths of that hole, did KELLER reach down and wrest into his strong hands the soul of AMD, which he lifted UP into the heaves of computing greatness so that all could enter a state of ZEN.

Are you 12?

>Jim Keller joins Tesla after AMD
>Teslas start exploding

Coincidence?

What? When did Wendall become a hot girl?

>not incense porpoise

Pleb

Tesla couldn't handle the heat. Whereas AMD was smart enough to design their new wraith cooler, because they knew that Keller really is hot shit.

show me a picture of a dude who has eyes that big

Where were you when Intel was kill with Bulldozer?

I really really hope Jim 'Shitwrecker' Keller did his job well once again. I want the CPU market to be shaken up at least a BIT.

Let AMD die.

And then let the legal shit storm of anti trust lawsuits happen.

Intel breaks up.

Two companies inherit Intels know-how.

Competition is restored.

here you go

This.

You obviously don't know how engineering samples work.

>Hint, engineering samples are usually a few hundred MHz slower and can't overclock for shit.

>Source I have a lot of ES cpus

Except AMD is actually looking good with their promises on Zen.
However if they fail this time, it's probably over for them.

AMD went from 32nm to 14nm and that's a huge leap in power consumption, heat and performance. I have faith, but only this one last time.

REMINDER
Do not support an Islamic terrorist organisation like AMD

Pistol, she sometimes streams on Twitch. Does some other shit too i don't know.

>she

An 8 core Excavator chip would have kept up with a sub 4ghz 5820k in highly threaded tasks. Not amazing but definitely competitive.

>where were you when AMD caught up to intel from 2 years ago with vaporware that wont drop until intel releases its next die which will outperform it at probably every metric

Sitting right here, I guess.

Good goy.

>Hype

Did you all forget what Hype did to bulldozer?

Sup Forumsoofs

How bout you get a bigger monitor fag!?

Yeah the bribing is down right scummy, the CPUID stuff is bad, but... You realize this is only the ICC that does this right?

The vast majority of gaymes and programs people use on a day to day basis, are compiled with the MSVC (MicroSoftVisualCompiler). Then LLVM/GCC. Yeah it is shitty what Intel did, but they only did it with their compiler.

The reason bulldozer sucked wasn't Intel, it was that it could only decode 2 bytes per cycle.

The reason bulldozer sucked was because Intel fucked AMD out of a few billion in revenue which fucked their R&D budget.

Also would like to remind you that if Intel hadn't started acting like a monopoly, AMD would have put out something better than bulldozer and Intel would have released CPUs that were better than slightly incremental upgrades these past 8 years.

>Drones believe this

But look at what AMD has done with ZEN. That was after a birrion dorra payout from Intell.
If AMD had an appropriate market share without the bribery Intell done to have only there chips used, AMD would be way ahead of the game by now with the extra funds pumped into RnD.

Retard will flip out on you but you are right, we are behind ten years in technology compared to the best of today aviable tech for us

Make that 2 years late on 2 fronts, rx480s just a gtx970

>Zero counter argument
Get a tripcode so I can filter you.