What's the best all around aptop in the $1000 range?

What's the best all around aptop in the $1000 range?

Battery life and screen are most important, iris graphics or mid end GPU would be cool too.

Other urls found in this thread:

pricespy.co.nz/product.php?e=3534273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MacBook

Also I'd rather not go over $1000 before taxes, after is OK.

If it had Iris graphics I'd go for it, but nah.

Can that CPU/GPU really drive 4K comfortably?

Surface or XPS13? Macbook air if all you care about is battery life and dont mind a shitty screen

have surface pro 4
would NOT recommend as a laptop

I'm looking at Zenbooks but most just have regular Integrated graphics.

Lenovo
I recently bought one of these, and I love it.

I'm not really looking for a gaming laptop, just a laptop with good screen/battery that can play lightweight/older games if the need comes.

>5400rpm mechanical drive
>in the year of our lord

buy a refurb mbp (you can find late 2015 models for $1000)

or buy a dell xps (if student, MS store gives small discount of like $50)

I ended up getting the xps and don't regret it for a second (taking notes in class- battery life = 15+ hours, web + spotify+ light scripting = like 10-12 h),

would also probably not regret it if I had gotten the mbp instead. Side by side, the xps aesthetically looks better, but the mpb has a somewhat better screen

zenbook is also a good option, I would recommend ditching your hopes of getting a half-assed gaming laptop, or any gaming laptop at all

5 dankpads

Still, everything else is amaze-ing. Probably shit build quality but cheap for its specs.

I've bought one too, it's a great laptop.

Literally a Razer Blade.

The Xiaomi Notebook Air seems great.

Got a Dell 7559 with an i7 6700HQ (Skylake) + Nvidia 960m (4GB) + 16 GB DDR3 + 1 TB HDD

Triple booting with OS X/Arch/Win10

All for around $700

>Battery life and screen are most important, iris graphics
T440 or T440p

Never mind this post
Check T460 because dat battery live

X1

Nigga they do

That's only for the Pro, he said Macbook as in the Core M one port laptop.

well considering that is the same price as this one, I would opt for the more powerful one, but I guess that is just me.

>fagbook pro

Enjoy your throttling and housefire.

nigga I don't decide what OS my school supports. If I could use literally anything else I would

your school only support laptops that are up to 1k and have a shit OS?

no wonder american education is so great

>liberal arts degree

Just drop out now, you're going to end up in a McJob either way, the only difference is with or without massive debt.

Move to another school then, retard.

Does this look like a good deal laddos?

pricespy.co.nz/product.php?e=3534273

>.nz
Dropped
no one lives in New zealand

lenovo yoga is nice. when i first got it batteries lasted 8 hours full power. ips screen

>Probably shit build quality but cheap for its specs.
That's the problem a lot of people on Sup Forums love to ignore though. There are plenty of people who either don't want to deal with shit build quality, or have had enough laptops with shit build quality to be tired of it.

Lenovo has shit build quality on that line though. Really important that the hinge doesn't just fall apart from normal use. I went through two y510 4k models before I gave up shelling out $200 for another one through my warranty.

OS X is the onlyvone that has hardware acceleration for Intel. That's not a good reason to not get one.
The keyboard, on the other hand...

>nigga I don't decide what OS my school supports. If I could use literally anything else I would
>school makes you use OSX
>graduate and go out into the job market
>find out everyone uses Windows anyway
>or Linux if you work for Google
Good school.

Doesn't Apple provide Macbooks/iMacs cheaply to schools? It's a pretty smart business strategy if so.

4K thinkpad w/ the higher capacity battery?

>4K thinkpad

Yeah, same here. If I pay 900$ for a laptop I expected it to be nice. Screen was horrible and buildquality even worse. Nrver. Again.