/guts/ thread

Last go to archive

Who dual xeon Westmere here?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SilverStone-21-Inch-Dampening-Acoustic-SF01/dp/B0040JHMH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471789078&sr=8-1&keywords=sound dampening foam pc
ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1080-gtx-strix-nickel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dig it.

I should have my loop complete on Tuesday. Then the system is done, aside from small/periodic upgrades.

Don't post again until you do.

Kiss me

1070 is in the mail, so keen

Aiight homie.

thats pretty neat man.
LED party man.
Pretty damn clean.

>LED party

I should take a picture with the LED's off. It looks so nice with them off.

We Westmere now.

Just giving you shit it looks pretty decent but still pretty busy hehe.

waiting for my fury x

I'm just curious, why use a low profile cooler in that case?

Judging by the 560Ti, I'd wager that he already had it when it got the case and just kept using it

Want to change from the R5

Need to take another picture head on to it doesn't look like my GPU is sagging

My friend has one of those cards. Or one with the same cooler, anyways. His NZXT Kraken leaked all over it and fried it lmfao.

Fuck how likely is that even to happen

I don't think very likely. NZXT's warranties the coolers for like 5 years. He just got really unlucky. I built it for him and everything was fine, for like four months. There wasn't any pressure or anything on the tubings either. Just really unlucky. NZXT is replacing his cooler and card though, so that's good.

It won't disappoint :^)

First build. Liking it so far. Finally put the GPU in on Friday.

Migrating to a new ssd

And she's done.
Still debating on red fluid versus what I have now and maybe changing the ram and sable sleeves but we will see.
R8H8

Personally I think you should go for the red fluid.

Looks sick dude.

I'll have to look into color bombs.
I had some pastel red left over from the previous build and it foamed up badly, had to drain it.

Muh nigga, building it as we speak

Can't do anything about the cables unless I get a new modular PSU and get blue/grey sleeves for them to match the fans.
The 2 140mm fans I added only helped decrease idle temps, load temps the 1060 reaches 87 while at 2050MHz.

Corsair 400c for looks, or Define S for airflow?

the 400c is a cutie, i might that myself to replace my 300r.

Hi /guts/, want to make a Pentium II era rig for the lols

where do i find new parts, are there still retailers out there with shitloads of overstock from the late 90's?

ebay has some stuff but its all marketed as "RARE, HARD TO FIND" and is thusly 400$ new as compared to the same 333mhz P2 used for 5$.
I found a new motherboard in socket 1 for like 40$, and a new Asus Geforce 2 for 20$, along with ram and shit pretty cheap
but id like a new pentium, preferably in its original box

same thing with all components really, original p2 era stuff in its box or at least still with the box

>moved drives to the bottom (case can't fit the fan if I move it up)
>remove unused drive cages
>1060 peaks at 80c
I'm happy.
I want the 400c as well but the side panel WILL scratch very often and will be very visible, I know a guy with one, unless they changed the material of the window then don't get it.

I'm not sure if I can fit a second 1070. Still want one though.

I want to change case to Phanteks Evolv, so S340 only as temporary

Hey there case bros.

i should take a guts pic for shits and giggles

sandy bridge a best

Why are you changing? I have the Crucial one, was there any problems with it, or are you just moving for capacity?

nice spacer heater

i like this

looks pretty gay

shit

shit

shit

shit

shit

shit

shit x2

I like it, very clean!

why don't more of you do this?

ayyy good morning s340 bros

more s340's plz

also; that 1070 is massive.

I like this. I always told myself if I went into liquid cooling I would go with matte black tubing, but this crystal clear hardline looks pretty sweet.

Jolines, tío!

Would dual xeon X5550 2.66 run BF4@60fps with decent gpu?

Ive seen hell and it has wires

Those actually look a bit like human guts. Good job!

Only just come across from /tg/ here - what is the purpose of the dual Xeons? I thought they where crap for anything other than server applications?

Yes, should be fine user.

>not having dual xeons

They are basically, even for encoding which can use a lot of CPU power, anything more than ~6-8 cores per project is passing the point of diminishing returns.

If you are encoding multiple projects at once, or have some specialized task that is very well threaded and can use all the cores, then it might be worth it.

But for the vast majority of uses old Xeons simply dont have the single core performance many of todays applications demand.

Going from samsung to crucial for another ~300 gig capacity, samsung ssd will get used as a Linux drive

I haven't done a custom loop since a shitty, riced-out red affair for my old i5 750/GTX 295 back when I was 15, so indulge my stupidity for a second.

Is there any noticeable difference in temperatures with a huge reservoir? I ask assuming the larger total coolant volume would allow for more overall heat to be stored.

I don't believe reservoir size has an affect on temperatures.

See

if one CPU died is the computer still usable with the other?

Not him, but I'd imagine so. Similar to if a single GPU's dies in a multi-GPU system. You probably just have to remove one, or possibly swap where it is.

i would really appreciate a rate myself guys.
>if you're replying to this post, please write a rate.
i can't rate what i cant see.
2/10 sorry man
4/10 pretty dark.
7/10
4/10
5/10
uhm
non red fluid. 8/10
red fluid 6/10
1/10
4/10
almost quads. 7/10
i just hate the tubing on that cooler. 6/10
7/10 i dont like yellow, dont judge. (yellow aside. 8 maybe 9/10)
6/10
6/10
8/10
6/10 shit pic, get a better one.

Depending the mobo, yes or not. Some dual-socket board are designed to work with both CPUs because one CPU work with some controllers and the other CPU with the another ones, but there are others boards which one CPU work with all the board and the other one give horsepower. In my case yes, It's usable with one CPU because her design

>9/10, 10/10 with Harambe
I'll get on that.

>Can't rate what I can't see
Here's the radiator removed.

As for your own build... 7/10. If you watercool the GPU, and replace that missing PCI slot cover, I'll give you an 8.5.

I will call yours a 6/10, mostly for your loop.

- It's running pretty warm for a two radiator setup, especially since just your CPU is on there. How high do you have it clocked?

- Your back run could be a little better so it doesn't have that curving loop.

- There must be a better solution than a super visible zip tie across the middle of your reservoir. Why not two black ones on the top and bottom of it, instead of where it's most readily seen?

- Do you have any intent on adding a water block to that 1080? I think you have the radiator and res headroom for sure.

- Consider removing your red PSU sticker for better color coordination.

- a nitpick, but your back exhaust could be a quiet AF120 to match your radiator fans.

Overall, you have great hardware that I assume you're using to push a fantastic 144fps on that display. Your system has potential to look as good as it performs.

damn that's tight. 8/10

>take this harambe PSU for good luck.

- It's running pretty warm for a two radiator setup, especially since just your CPU is on there. How high do you have it clocked?
>not really, 27c idle 35-47c depending on game. (4.3ghz because shit silicon)
>gonna add GPU block but haven't ordered yet
- Your back run could be a little better so it doesn't have that curving loop.
>iknow, i just moved the reservoir and was too lazy to cozy it up.
- There must be a better solution than a super visible zip tie across the middle of your reservoir. Why not two black ones on the top and bottom of it, instead of where it's most readily seen?
>not really, nowhere to route it at the bottom of the res that attaches it to the tray. (and didn't have black zip ties yesterday.)
- Do you have any intent on adding a water block to that 1080? I think you have the radiator and res headroom for sure.
>yes.
- Consider removing your red PSU sticker for better color coordination.
>i think it looks awesome.
- a nitpick, but your back exhaust could be a quiet AF120 to match your radiator fans.
>i got the SP 120 fans for free, i want to swap them with noctua NF F120 pwm's and pain them white and black.

Thanks for the feedback user.

Some guy in the last thread had foam in his case. Would like to buy something like this for cheap. What do I have search for on ebay? Don't want to spend like 100$ for what is worth like 3$. It should be permeable to air and not cause an overheating of the PC.
Pic related is his PC.

amazon.com/SilverStone-21-Inch-Dampening-Acoustic-SF01/dp/B0040JHMH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471789078&sr=8-1&keywords=sound dampening foam pc

i can just do it now so i don't forget it, which one should i pick? pretty unsure. also, do you know if they come with thermal pads ? or do i have to order that too?
EK-FC1080 GTX Strix

Not him, but, EK's blocks come with thermal pads and thermal paste. I prefer acetal + nickel personally. I used it in my M1

do you know if i can use the backplate that came with the card while the block is on ?

It comes with a new backplate. Also, choose whichever you think looks cooler.

They don't come with new backplates, those are available separately.

No, the factory backplate doesn't fit.

ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1080-gtx-strix-nickel

I dont understand the principle of hard tubing. Is it just the o-rings that's holding tubing together. When using normal tubing the screw part tightens the rubber tube on its place so you couldnt even pull it away. What if you pull hard tube?

There are two styles, push-in and compression. Both do actually compress to help seal. The regular "compression" style is similar to soft tubing compression. A barb, and screw-on piece, just with an added o-ring. The push-in style are similar to a QDC I believe, in that they have a small section of the fitting either pull up, or pull down, you slide the tubing into place, and then put the fitting in it's normal/locked position.

Oh my. Thats alot of radspace. I like it all exept the red leds.

r8 my guts senpaitachi

>2/10
Its like you have a problem with sleepers and bad vent holes.Also as for you better water cool your gpu, replace pcie cover on case, finish filling cum in your reservoir, and last if you want the last bit of aesthetic should fill your drive bays. 6/10 and could be 9/10 with proper detail management.

All the stuff before the P4 era has already been thrown out and recycled. Ten years ago it was cheap because there were tons and tons of old P2 computers around. Now there aren't, so it's become a collectible market.

Your best bet is to sit on craigslist and wait, or look for business throwing things out, garage sales by people who know no better, or find an electronics recycling place and see if they'll give you some of the junk that comes in.

>yellow aside. 8 maybe 9/10
thanks bb

Planning on 128gb ram and a second cpu eventually. It's just a case for waiting for a non-ES one to pop up on ebay that isn't ball-breakingly expensive

>Its like you have a problem with sleepers and bad vent holes
yes, yes i do. thanks for the rate user

but atleast it works only get around 80c from stress testing cpu. Going to sleeve my own cable probably.

R8/H8. Not upgrading for a long while. Unless DX12/Vulkan becomes the norm.

put those drives on the bottom and remove the top drive cage for improved airflow, and fewer ugly empty trays

I would but I intend to add more drives hooked to a RAID controller eventually. Plus this case has a non windowed side panel.

>mfw no (you)

Should I change from the Define R5 to a Define S? Removing the HDD cages makes the case look horrible and cheap

Since I don't know which guts are yours, here's a (((you)))

not unless you're selling your current R5. You'd literally be paying for the exact same case with no HDD Cages/ 5.25" bays. Unless you're planning on liquid cooling, I wouldn't bother. If you must get a case that has no bays, consider the NZXT S340. Cheaper and shorter too.

which one user? I'll rate it.

why do you want a case that big if you aren't going to fill it with drives?

S340 bro here. Love mah case. Not sure how standard of a feature this is on cases now, but I also like the external filters

Fractal cases are a meme. They're poorly made and extremely thin.

They're just riding the reputation of their previous products.

Evolv ATX TG is another one I love the look of, I'm using Noctua fans so a silence case isn't necessary

nigga what you smokin? My fractal R5 is easily the best made case I've ever had. Unless you're one of those fags who think the only case you can possibly consider well made is a $500 case labs/Silverstone.

Should i sell my ref rx 480 for 1060? And if which aftermarket which doesnt have sag. >inb4 ur motherboard is small xd u retard

>6/10
at least it's a (you)

you get a 7/10 for your cum filled tubes.

>6/10 shit pic, get a better one.
My Windows phone can't take better pictures.