Picture says it all, is it?

No, also
>current year
>no scaling for high dpi displays

Thanks for your input

It was and then they came out with plasma shit

How about you test it yourself, faggot?

Why wouldn't you just use MATE instead?

Psst, just use Ubuntu! It has the largest community, documentation, and looks the best!

What is Kate?

I've had zero problems with KDE in Neon.

He is using Ubuntu you troglodyte, look at the install icon.

Immediately after posting this image, OP's DE crashed and he was never heard from ever again.

KDE text editor.

That definitely says Ubuntu.

It works for me.

I mapped the command:
DISPLAY=:0 kwin --replace

to a hotkey for the rare occasion that my DE acts up. I can keep this sucker on for MONTHS.

>kde

on opensuse leap it is, at least

Looks like you're new to gnu/linux, user! It might be helpful for you to know that Kubuntu is just Ubuntu with KDE, user. In a similar fashion, Xubuntu is Ubuntu with XFCE, and Lubuntu is Ubuntu with LXDE.

t. person from the past

Actually it does.

See

lol

OP here, cool desktop you got going there thanks for sharing that command and picture

Actually i'm not new and you are the one that seems confused here. The only difference is the DE obviously, but it is not the same distro. With your logic you might as well say Ubuntu is just Fedora with dkpg.

'W' + str(row)
Stop this shit
'W%s' % row
Actually that whole block is just why

Thanks. It's not perfect, but I'd say it's worth trying out.

>Install Ubuntu
>sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

vs

>hurr durr two separate distros entirely the same aside from package management

Which, by the way, isn't the only difference and you are retarded.

I suppose that is better since I wouldn't have to make the conversion using str(...). Nice catch!

I can't see how many of those are above the area scrolled into view, but ideally it would be something like:
mapping = {
'Barrel': 'W',
'Capacity': 'S',
etc
}
row_name = str(row)
for k, v in mapping.items():
MDL[row - 2][k] = ws[v + row_name].value

Avoids converting row to a string multiple times too.

>isn't the only difference
elaborate, im interested in what goes on in the mind of such a simple person

Is there anyone anywhere using baloo? It's never been able to index my shit without crashing half way through.
They took literal fucking years to get nepomuk half working and then they ditch it all for the next broken piece of shite.

Plasma 5 has hidpi scaling.
But for some reason it doesn't look as nice compared to GTK3 distros.

I see what you mean. I'm comparing the contents of a spreadsheet to the contents of a website. I settled on using an array of dictionaries where each dictionary corresponds to a particular model. Unfortunately, I can't specify the dictionaries beforehand :/

Can confirm that it's not stable on ArchLinux

I recently tried Debian stable with probably the latest version of KDE 4, on a different computer. When I opened KMail the first thing it did was crash (same crash as with Plasma 5 on Arch). I remember using Kubuntu around 2012, crashing all the time back with KDE4.

KDE hasn't been stable since KDE3.

it says it right there, user

Kind of a silly question, but panel do you have on that bar which shows non-minimized windows with a line like that?

Looks nicer than what I have, which just lightens the icon on the bar for open windows.

Fuck KDE. I've been using Linux for a month now (xubuntu) and made the switch to Arch. When deciding on a DE, I tried GNOME (bloated), KDE (bloated, pop ups), and I finally decided to say fuck it to DE's and go instead with i3. Feels good man.

You think Kubuntu and Ubuntu are truly separate distributions when Kubuntu is offered as a package in the Ubuntu repositories, and yet you are calling others simple?

I installed the Jomada-Fit theme. That little bar used to be present by default in Kubuntu 15.10, but the bastards changed it!

Not the guy you are replying too but they are technically different distros.

So if I am running Ubuntu and apt-get isntall kubuntu-desktop, then I am no longer running Ubuntu?

Damn, thanks for the quick response. And yes - those bastards, indeed.

why would he do that when he can just ask on Sup Forums and get the answers hes looking for. do u think before u post?

I think a great way to compare GNOME and KDE is by the sound settings.

I have two sound cards, one for my headphones and one for my speakers.

In KDE the tray has decent sound controls, much like the one on Windows. However, every 30 seconds the default sound card would change, complete with a popup to tell me so. Upon entering the sound settings in the System Settings I was presented with pic related (top), having to choose a default sound card for EACH CATEGORY of applications. Applying the settings makes another popup appear for a few seconds, telling me the settings are being applied. However, the problem still persisted.

Now on GNOME it's pretty stable. However, the sound options in the panel only give me one simple volume slider which handles the default sound card. I have to go into the Control Center to adjust per-application volume (pic related, bottom). To do anything more complicated than that, I have to install a third-party application, pavucontrol, which luckily does exactly what it needs to.

I could make the same point with the settings for the default application for opening files, but it boils down to the same thing.

i3 is a WM, not a DE. You can't compare it to GNOME or KDE, but you can compare it to Mutter or KWin.

This guy is right.

There's a reason why Canonical calls the different Ubuntu versions "flavours" instead.

oh and it is triggering to no end that in GNOME, every volume slider has a different length.

I know, that's why I said specifically fuck DE's.

This. It's called pre-packaging.

You have the choice to switch at any time, by just downloading some packages from the repos. it's just slightly more time consuming, and may not run as smoothly, or behave and look as nice, as the pre-packaged original media.

it's a great distro

if you want something and if it work well on your pc just get it

we can find bugs on your computer for you,
and all DE have bugs