CyanogenMOD

I just installed CM13 on my Nexus 4 ^^ Why have I not tried this before? It's so fucking cool. Also Android 6 works perfectly on this device, better than 5.1. I installed Open Gapps pico, so no longer Google garbage, just Play store and services.

Btw, it completely fixes that vulnerability discovered in Android, so another plus

How's that call quality?
How's that picture quality?
How's that GPS workin?
How's that battery life?

I can tell you aren't a real girl because you use a Nexus 4.

Also themes ^^

Did you get a new battery to? If it works well ill order me a nexus 4

>How's that call quality?
Same, afaik. On my end I see nodifference and the people that I spoke with noticed no changes.

>How's that picture quality?
Same. I use Google Camer 2.4, because 2.5 is buggy on Nexus 4. Also the on that CM comes with is too complicated.

>How's that GPS workin?
Yes, perectly. I keep it to high accuracy.

>How's that battery life?
Yet to see. It was worse on 5.1 compared to 4.4, so I exppect it to be at least on par with 5.1. Hope the cellular data bug is gone.

>Did you get a new battery to?
Never, it's the one that came with my phone. That being said, I don't use my phone too intensively.

Well I just checked eBay and amazon, not worth getting a used nexus($80) or a new($150) one when redmi 3 is $130

I don't have problems with mine. Considering my usage (I disable most of the stuff, I don't use Google now, etc), I get (got on 5.1, will see now) around 36h from 100 to 20%.

I don't do any of that either and would love a small android phone fully cyagenomod compatible but I don't want to spend a lot if I spend a lot I might as well get a iphone. So the redmi 3 is about the only option I have to choose from

Ah well, your choice.

>if I spend a lot I might as well get a iphone
Better get a Nexus 6p. iPhones are horrible. I had two already, both were gifts.

I miss my Nexus 4 ;_;

Got CM13 on my Galaxy S3...runs mint

I love DOZE

>nexus 4
>he can't afford a nexus 5 from ebay for $75

just buy a nexus 5
flash a proper factory stock images, then do a hard reset, then input your real personal account details on the fresh stock phone so they are encrypted and stored locally. then root the phone and proceed to remove all the terrible google software, even though the software is just fine and you are a fucking idiot

also, cyanogen is fucking retarded

I build cm13 for the one m7 more than 3 times a week, do you want builds?

I could set up m own build server if I eanted to so that's not really th issue. What I need is something that remotely qualifies as a daily driver and last thing I've heard was that cm13 for the m7 ran like dogshit and had things like calling not working.

cynogen is only for ancient retarded phones
you're better off just getting the nexus 5 with direct factory image for android 6.1M then customizing it yourself
also have day 1 access to release version of android N which is about to drop in 2 more fucking days

this is much better than running mystery chinese government hacked iphone-tier bootloader firmware

works fine, i've been using it as my daily drive for about a month now.

About half a year ago it was pretty shitty though.

>bootloader hacks
my GS4 allows the user to flash their own firmware ootb

>buying locked down hardware

I see. I might give it a try then.

>bootloader hacks

what do you think cynogen mod is?
do you even know what modified firmwares you are installing with cynogen?

you can flash almost nay android device "ootb" what the fuck are you talking about here? why would you mention this like its some noteworthy feature?

cynogen is literally garbage
might as well just purchase a used iphone at this point if you're willing to settle for such insecure bullshit

>what do you think cynogen mod is?
nothing to do with the bootloader, that's for sure

how are you so bad at phones

im sure a modified bootloader firmware has to be provided along with whatever the fuck else mystery firmwares you are flashing into your phone

also please explain why you think "ootb" flashing is something special.
because you don't have to unlock your device? thats fucking stupid

please just buy an iphone and stay the fuck away from android

think different

why do you keep going on about stuff you don't know a damn thing about

>still no stable snapshot CM13 build for the htc one m8
>after almost a fucking year
REEEEEE

>im sure a modified bootloader firmware has to be provided along with whatever the fuck else mystery firmwares you are flashing into your phone
you're wrong, right from the get-go you can start a GS4 in "download mode", where you can overwrite any partition with what you like
no hacks, cracks, or security vulnerabilities involved
it's like being able to install another OS on your PC, it's just always allowed

pic related, this is factory functionality

>ebay
Not everyone lives in your area, you know.. I'm not interested in 2nd hand devices anyway, and Nexus 5 is a minor upgrade. And a major downgrade in terms of build quality.
I prefer CyanogenMOD, it's got root by default and all the Google nonsense removed. Also N is around the corner and 5 is stuck on M, so, it's not going to make any difference anyway.

Well, you have a 12.1, which is Android 5.1. I pesonally was quite happy with the stock 5.1. I mainly wanted google crap removed and the scroll and cellular data bugs fixed. Apparently CM13 runs slightly better than stock 5.1 on Nexus 4, probably it's mainly the difference between Android 5 and 6..

what do you have against installing alternate software?
should i also "get a mac" because i installed linux on my thinkpad t400, which original only came with windows vista?
if not, what's the difference?

this

thats funny because last time i checked, there are no factory firmwares for GS4 above the pathetic carrier shit from 2011 or whenever the fuck they are from

you seem to think you are not running any modified firmware, which you definitely are
and you also assume i don't know what im talking about because i don't know exactly which modified firmwares are required to run cyanogen.
you are not just flashing factory 6.01M images on a GS4
it doesn't work like that

really bro, just get that iphone you always wanted, please

>you seem to think you are not running any modified firmware
lol wut, this is a CM thread, of course i'm running modified firmware, that's what CM is

>there are people who take cyanogen mod seriously

holy fuck this can't be real

Why not? I thing it's the only custom soft to be taken seriouslly.

moving the goalposts
first it was bootloader, now it's firmware
which is it

bootloader is firmware, in the sense it comes in the format of an image and is ran on some low level runtime