Windows 10 Loses Marketshare in US

It's almost as if forcing people to use your NSA-tier OS causes people to look for alternatives.

Linux is more popular than windows 8.1?

that's fucked lmao.

Looks like OSX is on the rise.

That graph isn't showing market share you fucking mongloid.

Oh? Than what is it showing?

8.1 was the least used version ever. It was like a bad experiment they reverted and then added Google tier data mining to every aspect of the OS for 10.

This is why 7 is the only acceptable OS right now on the windows end.

say what you want about windows, but windows 7 was pretty damn good.

Wasn't all the data mining crap forced into Windows 7? I mean you could not download the specific updates and use wsusoffline or whatever, but most people aren't doing that.

Yep, why I'm still using 7

8.1 was my favorite windows release ever. Its sad that no one else liked it tbqh.

What makes it your favourite?

i-i liked it too, user

>desktop market share
When will people realize that the desktop market is worthless?
Mobile is completely dominating and drives revenue much more than desktop.

If you don't install recommended updates you're safe from that crap. Even with the telemetry it's probably better than 10 and less intrusive.

Mobile was a mistake
It brought nothing but cancer to the internet

>mobile

biggest meme in the history of mankind. mobiles were a mistake.

Same. Windows 7 is ok, I guess, it just looks old and shitty.

For real. Thanks to mobile everything has been walled off, App'ified, Micro-payment'ed and generally made less open. Not to mention every company now trying to chase the 'mobile' cornucopia.

It's not spying that's killing windows 10 tho. It's the fact that every update breaks it and you can't turn it off. So it just keeps breaking over and over.

I honestly liked the UI. Including the start menu.

All the features and usability of 7 was still there but with a nice fresh coat of paint that I liked.

If they'd put DX12 on 8.1 I never would have switched. And honestly, I think about switching back every day.

my brothers

It's both. Windows has provided absolutely no benefits to using Windows 10. Even my 70 year old grandmother ditched Windows. Unfortunately she bought a Mac, but hey, I got another Windows machine to play around with.

>it's probably better than 10 and less intrusive.
>2016
>being this naive
>trusting microsoft
Oh boy

>Its sad that no one else liked it tbqh.
I'm literally using it right now, with the botnet updates disabled and classic shell installed it's literally just a slightly better version of 7.

Only reason it's not more popular is because most people instantly think of metroshit and tablets when they hear about it.

Exactly.

The fucking Sup Forums circle jerk against it was unbelievable.

MS is going to kill windows PCs if they keep it up. If W10 has fallen even a little it's reasonable to assume PC OEM sales have fallen badly yet again. W8 killed many OEMs.

It will collapse faster than expected, component prices will rise exponentially as volume drops. As consumers buy less X86 PCs all R&D shared between various products suddenly costs more.

There's still years before Win7 runs out of support, and until then things can still change a lot.
Vista didn't kill MS either.

>OSX + GNU/Linux + BSD together are barely more popular than the worst Windows

Fixed that for you.

In the grim future of the desktop PC market there is only scavenging eBay for used Xeons

who use BSD on desktop ?

PAJEET MY SON

OSX has it's own graph, at 20% lmao

>mfw pajeets are going to kill MS for good

os x at 20% marketshare
never ever

It's not both. Most people either don't care or don't know about the spying. Everyone except blind nerds on Sup Forums can see how the OS fucking breaks all the time.

>Vista didn't kill MS either
Vista had no competition. Normies are happy to use android and iOS for most of their computing needs. Intel exaggerate the situation by trying to sell 4 core CPUs with minor upgrades for almost a decade or so.

People switching to mobile devices will do so regardless of what MS does to its desktop OS

Notice how OSX is rising.

People are switching to Macs.

these are my favorite kinds of posts

>thats not true
>okay, what is the truth you retard?

>no reply

at times I wonder if we have posters among us who are actually on the spectrum

but 8 and 8.1 are better in every way, luddite

There's also shit like this...

>Be me, like November
>Install new SSD in compute
>Windows 8.1 UPGRADE THAT SHIT
>All good until like June
>FUCKING EVERYTHING BREAKS
>In all fairness, I was fucking with shit, but I just took ownership of a bunch of folders
Anyway...
>Do a refresh
>Doesn't solve shit, only uninstalls all my applications
>God fucking dammit
Well, there's no option...
>Call Micro$hit
>They get me through a lot of shit
>All seems good
>Didn't even have to call back about re-activating after they
>DID SOMETHING I COULDA DONE, BUT THEY DIDN'T FUCKING POST IT ON THEIR SITE
>>RE-reupgraded to Windows 10
THEN
>On vacation
>Didn't get new updates for Edge with Extensions
>Friendly Sup Forumsuru points me to link
>Checking you system...
>NOT ACTIVATED
WHAT THE FUCK?!
>Leaving in 2 days, so say fuck it. I'll call when I get back
>Call
>all that shit
>typing fuckloads of hoseshit
>Ok, you have a valid product ID, I'm gonna transfer you
fine...
>I'm sorry; we're closed. Please try calling back[...]

I'm gonna try fucking BSD-UNIX as my main OS next time. These people are fucking incompetent, and their software is shit and breaks when it shouldn't... and then subsequently for no reason whatsoever.

As a guy who works in Curry's, I often see people walk up to a laptop, seem to really like the hardware... Then lose all interest when they find out it's Windows 10 and just go buy an MBP

>pissphone does it again
When will you kill yourself?

No, it's clear you're the retard here

And you think other OS won't break if you do stupid shit like changing ownership of directories for no reason?

people said the same thing when windows me came out

then xp came out and everyone sucked MS dick again

Nope, when ME came out 2k came out as well so people could either switch to 2k or stay with 98 just fine.
And when XP came out everyone hated MS for it.

>sudo chmod -R 000 /

ChromeOS is supposed to be popular in America

He'll at least have greater chance of finding a solution to his fuckup online

>first months after it's free
>loses amrketshare
Can't make this shit up

If he can't undo his fucking with the system, he's gonna reinstall it from scratch. Why would he even need to search online for a solution?

>XP < 5%
That is a lie.

You do realize that from October on it's all or nothing, no more dogding telemetry by playing whack-a-mole and cherrypicking updates? And next year they'll probably remove the possibility to disable updates from all supported Windows versions. Mark my words.

I dunno about him, I would want to know how stuff works and where I fucked up. I wouldn't be doing this on the machine I use for work though, though I suspect he doesn't have the same worry.

US. post the global one dipshit

Obviously, you should only fuck with your system risking breakage if you have a way to recover it.
Though breaking things is a good way to learn about it.

Exactly, if you want to fiddle with things and learn, any brand of Linux is far better than Windows, at least when it comes to community help and documentation.

I don't see any reasons to switch from Win7.

OP, the correct stats bruh

>Unknown
>Other
er, what?

"unknown" are those who explicitly said "I won't tell you what I use, fuck off".

Apple has a very low ceiling in marketshare on computers, because their stuff is I think $1k upwards? So their maximum marketshare is people who are looking for $1k and up computers, and people who buy used. Second group gives them next to no revenue at all. OSX will always stay niche as long as they don't start selling it like windows for every PC.

fuck off,

Those aren't marketshare, they're a proxy for it which uses connectivity.

>24% after giving it out for free

JUST

Not just giving it for free, pushing it hardcore malware-style and even installing it without the users' consent in most cases.

>Loonix below 1/10 of that after being for free for decades

JUST

They didn't offer a free copy to me (Not like I'd want it anyway)

They're giving it away free? It must be good.

its kind of funny, i want MS to win, but seriously, the way the made win10 is alughable. i remember going from XP to Vista and it felt like natural evolution, the same going from vista to 7.

But going from 7 to 8 was a mongo fest, for the first time i felt i had to buy an application to make windows good (start10)

and then with win10 and the flat design bullshit, i just dislike it so much.

fuck MS. and now i cant wait for Zen with a Polaris gpu so i can finally Hackintosh and be rid of windows once and for all.

All Linux versions together have its own graph, at 5% lmao

Uptick for Mac, I suspect that will climb. It's a good thing too seeing as Apple aren't complete niggers on cross compatibility.

>All Linux versions together
You really don't understand what a distro actually is, do you?

yes i do: buggy, hack-jobs operating systems that don't work

thank you for correcting the record

YOTLD WHEN???

>being this mentally handicapped

>linux
>2%
:^)

Did it worked faster than 7 for you?

Does OSX talk with Active Directory? The absolute majority of desktop OSes are run on corporate computers and they won't switch their entire IT infrastructure because they don't like the latest iteration of it.

IT'S LITERALLY HAPPENING BROS
All thanks to Google and Valve

Why are 8 and 8.1 even listed separately? The 8.1 update was nothing more than a glorified service pack. Keeping them separate is annoying clutter.

Windows 8 existed for 1 year and then Windows 10 was released. Sorry you fell for that sad "desktop PC is dead now so we will put a touch interface everywhere" meme.

Everything that is good about Windows 8 or 10 was already in Windows Vista or 7.

I can confirm it isn't faster. Tested it with multiple devices, Windows 8.1 is more resource demanding than Windows 7, just like Windows 7 is more resource demanding than Windows xp. But on decent hardware you won't notice a difference.

Yeah, $200 a pop is cheap enough for schools to give everyone one. It's pretty cool.

>permanent invigilation before you can even consent

At my work they also switched to Macs due to paranoia.

Americans might not care about privacy but a lot of Europeans do.

Am I the only one who liked Windows 8.1?

The full screen menu is quite comfy.

>chromebook
>permanent
they're good linux boxes. they at least have the ability.

In reality, probably less usershare than even Vista (0,8 - 1,6 % IIRC based on metrics).

GNU/Linux has missed the opportunity and lost to Android/ChromeOS/China knockoffs of thsoe two

8.1 wasn't that popular outside prebuilt computers.