Live or die?

Where my old techs at? who hated this machine as much as I did in the late 2000's? Well its time has come, It's on my bench to recycle

Dubs decides if scrap it or keep it

sleeper build

give it to me

Is that you LGR? You were just talking about this POS in your video.

Nope Just a recycler that lurks

Free Win Me key 100% legit

Gotta save those floppies, Also shes starting to take her top off

friend of mine had one of those
--- and neither of us knew the front had a cd holder built into it, wow

seeing as im the only dubs sofar, its going to be a slow death, one part at a time

>High tech

Heck yeah, state of the art, you could hold 5 CD's in that pocket

i had a
>PCI
geforce 2MX, 32M

the latest game i ran on it was UT2004, which "ran" (mid/low at 640x480)

Good lord tearing into this reminds me of how bad the state of pre-built PC's was

AMD Duron 800MHz
64MB PC100 Ram
250W Power supply (very suspect, seeing as the model number says 200)

I'm actually running a Compaq Presario, little newer than yours though. I'm putting backups on zip disks.

>zip disks
why

Just pulled this nice little card out of an earlier system, cool $80 on ebay right now

Keep it MoFo

naturally a voodoo card is going to be worth more than a low end common 2mx

Because I had some in a closet and I like the "chunk" sound the drive makes when it spits them out

Well she is joining her sister in the bin. onto the next computer, should i keep posting?

More like people will pay $5 for 3dfx. You will lose money shipping a Geforce 2 MX. He might get $80 for a Voodoo 5 6000.

I beg to differ, 33 sold already, and about 5 other SOLD listings for $70+ www ebay.com/itm/Diamond-Monster-3D-II-3dfx-Voodoo2-graphics-card-12MB-PCI-/141181555167?hash=item20df1391df:g:4KkAAOxyNThTce3~

Up next we have this beauty, compleate with Windows 2000 Pro key, and RIMM RAM

Fuck forgot Pic

3dfx cards in general have a few things over a common nvidia card;
- voodoo is a rather famous range
- they can run Glide games, which nothing else can natively
- 3dfx is dead, some people have a thing for owning products from dead companies

Keep it

>Windows 2000 Pro key
lel, remember when MS release a windows 2000 trial disc, which had a broken trial timer, making it possible to use it in trial mode indefinitely without limitation?
literally no reason to buy windows 2000

Do the AGP and PCI Voodoo cards go for different amounts or are they generally worth the same?

see
I remember almost jizzing my pants when they announced RIMM RAM

>tfw I dream about this specific computer (it's an Athlon in the dream though) every few months
>in the dream, there's something wrong with the computer but I can't return it
>I never owned this model or any Compaq as matter of fact

Good!!, if I could access my old jobs work ticket DB, I bet I would find at least 350+ tickets for the 5000 series and another 300+ for Compaq DV9000 laptops

Win 2000 key if anyone wants a legit code for their retro box

Well im out of machines to break down, guess that it for the night

PCI Voodoo 3,4,5 cost generally more because they are harder to find and can be used on more exostic systems.

Man, I have never checked eBay for a Voodoo 2, I have been buying a few when I have seen them for a few bucks somewhere. Seeing that I got at least a month's pay in Voodoo 2 cards, kek.

Do older OSs just need a valid serial? I thought OEMs like that were tied to the mobo or is that just for newer stuff?

OEM installers will be tied to serials, normal install will take whatever valid serial you have, does not matter from what machine.

>wasting functional electronics

No thanks

Oh shit, GeForce 2 MX hype.

He's actually scrapping them, I bet a lot of retro fags are happy that they have a possibility to buy old parts thanks to people like him.

I have one here with the 1GHz Athlon. Any Presario 5000 that wasn't one of these is pretty much junk.

>1GHz Athlon
How much would you want for something like that? I'd love to swap out my shitty 700 Duron.

Is that ati card a 9250? I had one of those back in the day, first video card I ever bought. It was paired with a gimpy sempron 2200+ in the first PC I built from scratch. It wasn't very good, but it could run ut2004 and halo at 640x480 at decent frame rates. up until last year that card was still in service in my parents pentium 4. Thanks for the nostalgia user.

as long as functional components are not wasted

may the machine spirits find peace

Machines of that time period are already generally souless to begin with.

Still better than the ones after them.

>IDE ribbons
stop, you're giving me nightmares

>old techs
>late 2000s

True. Well, even newer ones can have souls if you put your in them, but not those white office boxes.

OP Here, I have some nice white 5.25 bay covers to fix that sun bleached one yo have there

And yeah, I'm a more "ethical" recycler, I don't just sell it all as scrap, I have the eye for old/rare/vintage stuff and save them for resale but pretty much everything between slot 2 and single core or x86 is scrap, Its like the age of shit computing, even in 50 years it won't have collector value

He meant early 2000s. The era where we transitioned from the 9x platform.

Want some jumpers?

>800mhz duron, 64 mb of ram
>late 2000s

more like 2000 on the dot.

That's one old pic, how many have you done sofar?

Thanks for the offer, but I'm planning on putting one of these fuckers in that slot soon anyways.

How do you come by all of these discarded towers? I'd love to learn your secret.

Scrap the Macintosh!

No its a 9200SE

Correct

>old techs
do a IBM AT or related

Yeah there are all gone, except the Mac and the Packard Bell.

WEll for one it pays to line in an area with out an e-waste company already. But I started it just by having a website up and targeting Google SEO for my area. I also started talking to the local computer shops and would collect from them weekly. word started spreading, offering free pickup. got a yellow pages ad for a year. then we got free space in the back of a computer shop so people could bring stuff to us (see pic) now we pretty much own the ewaste/computer recycling google search for our area and get a few calls a day.

the business actually got really good, to the point that I gave it to my buddy for 2 years because I got a better job, and he was able to live off of it, selling the scrap and also reselling refurbished machines.

That sounds pretty awesome actually. Do you think this sort of venture would still be doable in the right area today?

I have 2 IBM PS2's in storage, but I can offer an s100 bus computer

What would be the point in scraping them? Aren't they worth more whole?

I loved the 4600s. But the 4550s had that weird clamshell case which was odd as fuck. I had a 4600 until recently; had to ditch it when I moved.

ohh yeah, I only started about 5 years ago and its only getting better, People are wanting to be green and are actually looking for places to take them. I have the benefit of living in an area that a lot of southern Californians move to, and they will buy new stuff before "fixing" the current thing they have, or just buy a new one if its "old", so much of what we get is perfectly fine and ready to be resold. as for dealing with the scrap, I got lucky also, I used to take my stuff down to Phoenix once a month but started talking to the steel recycler right here in town and got to know them, they wanted to start accepting e-waste (for scrap only), told them what I was doing and in a move that could have been stupid set them up with the company in Phoenix in return for them letting me bring all my sorted scrap to them locally but they pay me the same price they get from the phoenix company. worked out good, they only added a line to their yellow pages ad that they accepted computers. hardly hurt our business, and I save myself a 140 mile round trip

aside from the yellow pages ad, It has cost me almost nothing to run the business out of my garage (or free back room), best thing is to be a people person, talk to the local computer shops and get stuff from them, then you can look into expanding

I don't know, I wouldn't sell this one particularly because it's very special to me.

I just rescued a Dell Dimension 5100 from work and I've been trying to install anything on it

>proprietary-length-and spacing IDE cables
>IDE and SATA controller on the same mobo
>btx mobo so the connector for both of them is literally on the other side of the case
kill me

Don't worry, the vintage stuff stays in my personal collection and isn't scrapped, because yeah that would be a waste both in money, and history

That's pretty inspirational. I'll try and keep that in mind. Best of luck on your endeavors, my friend.

you too

Pic is from a police department pickup, I can only imagine what these cameras took pictures off

Win2K didn't even need activation iirc, you could just install it without any key and it would just werk

Still needed a key to install, but correct, no activation

wait, what, there's a CD holder there?

What the hell are you babbling about?

>proprietary-length-and spacing IDE cables
So they're customized for the case. Put the fucking drive in the bay and connect it.

>IDE and SATA controller on the same mobo
Wow, really? So you have the option to use either or both? What a tragedy!

>btx mobo so the connector for both of them is literally on the other side of the case
Other side of what case?

Haha I installed a pci-e usb port into one of these last week.
Was for a old guy.

those machine were made before pci-e existed
you're thinking of pci

are you genuinely autistic or what

>proprietary length cables
meaning it is only meant to connect certain devices in a certain orientation. I can't say, put an IDE hard drive where it SHOULD go in the case because the ribbon cable included was only meant for a pair of stacked optical drives and isn't long enough between the two drive connectors, even though the length of cable from the system board to the first drive is easily long enough to reach all the way from the rear of the case to the front.

IDE cables are fucking stupid.

>other side of what case?
this is where I realized I was replying to a moron

So move the connector dumbass.

some of my retro shit

I'm assuming it would be where they put the Windows ME CD for installation. That's why the CD key is right behind it

Are you OP?

no sir

Are you the guy who had table issues because of his collection, using other shitboxes as tables?

ye

have a rlly old pic

Yeah, I was confused, in the other picture a lot of stuff is moved, nice though.

Can I have a C64 pls?

its ok for now

really need some desks but I drive a 2 seat car

You need to set them up nicely and make them all sing.

thats the plan. to have them all set up and ready to go effortlessly.

Good luck with that!

OP here, Nice collection I want to get all my stuff setup one day.

Well off to bed, glad this thread lasted this long, might have to do it again next time I'm breaking stuff down.

Nite OP, thanks for the nice thread.

Nice box.

Sell the guts to someone that needs them and then make a sleep build. Something with like a Skylake i3 would be awesome, especially if you threw in an SSD.

i hated my compaq so much i used to kick it

it deserved it btw.