100% safe

Safe? From what/who?

they

(((Them)))

(((duckduckgo)))

"what's my ip"

Nothing is

Even condoms aren't 100% effective.

If I was NSA and wanted to make it easier to sort everyones searches I'd make a search engine that proclaimed itself to be """safe""" and """respecting your privacy""". Those trying to hide something are the only ones that are going to go out their way to change the default search engines and are willing to accept the less than good search performance

At least torrent searches aren't censored on duck

no

Why do people use so many quotation marks?

>Is this duck safe
Probably. I wouldn't trust them 100%, but they're a lot better than Google or Bing.

What the hell is going on in that image? Was the person who made it legitimately retarded?

It's a meme you dip

From what I understand duck don't censor sites as much as Google does, but Google provides more relevant results, although you should remember the kickass torrents incident when Google removed it from it's search results and put a malware site instead, and although users reported it Google didn't do shit for over a year and just let retards enter the malware site. In general it doesn't matter what you use , there's no point in not using Google as it only "botnets" you while you search, which I personally don't care about. Unless you're searching for something you don't want (((NSA))) to know about.

Exactly this

Im a jew and you goys are my slaves, no duckfagshit will save you from us

Startpage master race.
Disconnect search master race.

!g

Doesn't matter if it's shit anyway

Use yacy, 100% decentralized search with no central authority. Every single yacy "server" runs the same exact code as you, and you can check it at any moment.

bump because people need to hear about yacy.

How is using too much punctuation a meme..

>Every single yacy "server" runs the same exact code as you
How can I be sure of that?

Well, you can't be sure of that, but there is a mutual verification of the integrity of the data being sent and all your searches are done in a local webserver from a distributed database.

lol hi google

go to Sup Forums, it's really big there

>Not DuckDuckGoy

Sup Forums doesn't have imagination

Botnet

>tomtomgo

Sounds like even shittier results than DDG

- Is this duck safe?
- No, use YaCY
- There are shittier results than DDG
Sorry, but this isn't what we're talking about.

What about searx.me?

interesting concept
but how good is the search compared to google

I didn't install it myself (this package, as both as telegram-desktop, has java-wrapper as a dependency, which is rigged in the AUR) but another user said the results were even shittier than DDG.

>startpage
It's just a google proxy? What's the catch?

Honeypot. Pic related. They didn't fix the problem for months and never announced they were vulnerable. Also a month after it was fixed, Chrome blocked it for having a different encryption vulnerability.

So the pictured issue has been fixed?
Who in their right mind would use Chrome anyway?

Duckduckgo is made by an ad company, you can't trust them. Use searx.me instead.

So what search engine is Sup Forums recommended?

searx.me

Google

- Google if you're a pragmatist
- DuckDuckGo if you like the illusion of freedom
- Searx if you want the true inconvenience of freedom

Sure. RMS uses it.

>DuckDuckGo was founded by (((Gabriel Weinberg)))

Also the results fucking suck, if you gotta use a search engine ((((GOOGLE))) can't be beat. Bing is the closest thing no matter how many MUH FREEDUMS alternatives with shit tier results pop out.

Google is a bit better than duck but only after it collected a lot of your info. Otherwise google is worse than duck.
Duck gives you more broad results in general, that can be either good or bad depending on what you want/like.

DDG is godtier because of it's bang syntax. It's average as a search engine though.

if you consider bing to be better dun duckduckgo you never used it

>(((Gabriel Weinberg)))
Back to bootlicker.