Why is SD card support so poor and limited in android 5...

Why is SD card support so poor and limited in android 5? I bought a chink tablet and having the apps install on the sdcard is a fucking hassle if not impossible.

Why did they do this?

Root your phone and install Link2Sd

because android is a piece of shit

Can you not just move to sd after installation?

I had this problem yesterday... If you have root install "SDCard Fix: KitKat/Lollipop" from the playstore and you will grant access to all apps to write the sdcard

because they want to coerce you into using non-upgradable non-replacable internal storage

It's fixed in marshmallow right?

It's fixed in kitkat

GB and JB/KK used to allow me to boot from SD in my old ass Nook Color. I could install a rom to SD try it out and just switch cards. Android keeps shitty like an MS product.

>Google is addicted to your data
>doesn't want you putting anything on SD
>wants you to buy GDrive space instead
>all your data on their drives
>makes SD a pain in Android

no it's not

can't have everything.

depends on the file system used

for example, NTFS writes to a fucking partition table for every file copied. the SD is slow as fuck when writing multiple files because of how the cells are accessed, the file table for NTFS is a certain cell which needs to be erased and re written and this erasing is probably whats slow as fuck. but the SD is great at writing sequential data.

So basically, file formats which write to their table and dont use the same fucking cell over and over again, and/or maybe they dont try to write at the stupidest time, are what makes an SD card perform fast

Works on my machine ™

what version number do you have? Mine's 4.4.2 and it doesn't work

I'm on 6.0 and it doesn't even give me the option to move apps to the SD card anymore.

This, and how do I roll back updates?

I have a $100 8 gig prepaid phone with literally no space. If i don't disable download manager it trys to update every app. At this point apps are 3-4x their original size, which makes me think they just install new versions on top of old versions. I have like 4 apps other than what was factory installed, and there's 6 gigs of 'system data' i can't even touch.

What the fuck, even desktop os doesn't take that much. What gives? Fuck google.

4.4.2, rooted tho. Without rooting there's an option to move apps to sd but it only moves half the app. I rooted for a different reason, no ads and no bloat.

Not OP but I'll look into this, thanks Sup Forumsentleman

Marshmallow allows the system to adopt the SD card as internal storage. It reformats to ext4 and gets encrypted

>Why did they do this?
Google wanting to phase out SD cards to be fucking honest famalam.

mine's rooted too, but still, it doesn't move apps to SD Card... It only moves them to a second internal partition named "phone storage", which is so fucking stupid and annoying.
I think I will smash this shit one day because is driving me insane

Fuck Google, Apple and Microsoft. They are all a bunch of cunts