How is it?

How is it?

>inb4 a botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/googles-high-speed-web-plans-hit-snags-1471193165
mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_30221848/google-fibers-silicon-valley-rollout-is-delayed-while
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wish I had it, even if it is a botnet

this

botnet or not, its fast, and cheap.

Not like Verizon or Comcast aint sellin my dickpics to the highest bidder and everyone in between.

Live in Greater Kansas City here, it isn't available where I am. As soon as they get it here, I'm ditching Spectrum.

>tfw europeean
Why even live...

Can you safely pirate with it?

Great fort downloading my Gentoo ISOs at peak efficiency.

>inb4 a botnet
It's less of a botnet than your current carrier. Comcast actually wants to sell you your privacy (which I'm sure they'll ignore and continue selling your shit).

How is it over there? I'm in Topeka.

This is what I'd be concerned about. Surely as small as it is, it would be more prone to R&D to improve piracy prevention measures like blocking certain sites or developing better ways to track your activity.

google it

What's 2 +2 ?
>inb4 4

Google is less interested in policing the internet and more interested in data mining. The RIAA can't pay them enough to risk their reputation as an ISP.

i pay 8 bucks for 120mbps(60 up and down) no contract, fiber aint got shit on that

Why is Kansas so superior

>Fiber pulled out of Portland
Fuck

shit because it's not in my city

It sucks because it only is in liberal cities but won't come to my nigger city because too many blacks

What isp

Oh boy! Really looking forward to my internet service being provided by the same company as my web browser, search engine, video hosting platform, email service, and operating system. Everything will match and it'll be great!

I think that black people are ok people

But it sucks that fiber won't come to houston

they gave me a half assed response that they cant bundle cable with 100 mb only the full gb because its "on the same line"

who are you trying to fool you idiots
meanwhile everybody hates what everest has become (pssst they dont monitor p2p)

Because this city is cancer

not in enough cities

My area became a fiberhood last year.
It's fucking awesome. Time-Warner lost about half their market here in just one week.

>tfw Google fiber won't come to the North East

It's nice, desu

KC isn't that liberal though, so not only in libvilles

who's in kansas city? Lets meet up. Power play arcade on shawnee mission parkway.

>move out of irvine because its a fucking shithole
>announce theyre working on google fiber the month after

same issue.

It's not the botnet that worries me

It's the fact that they will develop advanced neural networks to automatically analyze your entire traffic and technically have an absolute surveillance over you. One that you cannot encrypt via tor or other similar services

And if they aren't already in bed with the government (which is impossible not to as a company like them HAS to have asymmetric ways of income to reach that market capitalization, and other than government contracts or heavily evading taxes there's no possible other way) a single change in the law will pretty much grant the government just that.

And that's not even all of it. They will efficiently censor sites like Sup Forums, which sadly would also be unironically cheered by the majority of the population as they're afraid of free speech.

And if all of that isn't enough, it can form a literal botnet of neural networks which will either help them be the first to achieve an AI, or at least lead in doing so.

Which country do you live in that doesn't have fiber yet? Even Romania has great internet.

>mfw European

Eastern Kansas is the fuckin' bomb tbqh. Never should have moved away.

because its low population and good for testing

kansas city user here. kc is bomb. and yes we are liberal.

Pittsburg lacks jobs, though.

The admin of lainchan lives in kansas city.

I have 3 other gigabit options in my area (including Google Fiber)

I couldn't possibly care, but having choices makes all the difference in the world. True competition.

Google already has stopped expanding Fiber because it's a huge waste of money.

Whatshisnuts from SA lives in Lees Summit.

Actually your wrong, still branching throughout central Texas and it will continue growing. Do some research moron.

do >youre own research, morawn

Except they aren't.

wsj.com/articles/googles-high-speed-web-plans-hit-snags-1471193165

>"Google parent Alphabet Inc. is rethinking its high-speed internet business after initial rollouts proved more expensive and time consuming than anticipated, a stark contrast to the fanfare that greeted its launch six years ago."

mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_30221848/google-fibers-silicon-valley-rollout-is-delayed-while

>SAN JOSE -- Google has told at least two Silicon Valley cities that it is putting plans to provide lightning-fast fiber internet service on hold while the company explores a cheaper alternative.

Early termination of your contract will result in 10.000$ fee sir. You have to wait for following year.

get BTFO'd

Because Comcast and Verizon have a fucking stranglehold on the infrastructure here

Has anyone tried calling their customer service? How is it? Do they do their own service calls?

Cromagnon here
0.9DL 0.7UL in my dorm. Kill me.

yeah fuck privacy and rights

>europe
>privacy
>rights
thats a good one

>year of our lord 2016
>people hyped and excited for Google Fiber and one gb internet
>i've had that in romania for 2-3 years now for $11/month
>inb4 gypo

I am waiting for the day that it rolls into Los Angeles.

I'll just VPN everything to avoid the whole botnet thing. It's a lot easier to deal with that than fucking TWC and their fucktarded nonsense.

>I like to make shit up: the post.

Wait, really? I work for CenturyLink and they just released a shitload of good deals in Portland to combat Google Fiber. That's actually hilarious if they didn't need to.