>Education
>Yearly salary

>Job title
Senior Arch Ricer
>Age
>Years of experience
14 (been there from the start)
>Education
BSc Software Development (can program FizzBuzz in 3 languages)
>Yearly salary
730 lbs. of chicken tendies

>Job title
Sysadmin (MS shop)
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
Comp Sci
>Yearly salary
$85k

>Job title
The actual title is stupidly long, its just financial officer for a small municipality
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
Masters
>Yearly salary
$55k with mostly free healthcare

Feels good to work about 20 hours a week except for December and April.

>Job title
Computer Production Technician
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
Highschool, little bit of college
>Yearly salary
$37,250

>>Job title
Manager's Assistant.
Work in a large chain of off-site betting shops.

>>Age

>>Years of experience
1. Started in the job pretty much the instant I turned 18 and was thus legally allowed to enter the shop.

>>Education
The usual shit. GCSEs, nothing relevant there.
Some bullshit Level 3 BTEC IT course in College. Honest to god, the course is a joke. Wish I went EE.

>>Yearly salary
Varies depending on Overtime, but at base, near as makes no difference £9300.
Only on a 25 hour contract, but never see less than a 30 hour week, so more like £11300. Still pathetic, but honestly jobs in my town are hard to come by. It's either this, or minimum wage in McDonalds.

Remember kids, major in STEM or you'll be an eternal burgerflipper

>Job title
Owner/Operator
>Age
>Years of experience
~10
>Education
Highschool
>Yearly salary
~40-60k net year over, depending on the local economy. I don't pay myself a salary and re-invest all of it for tax purposes.

Started as a comp repair business about ten years ago, transitioned into a web design shop, failed completely at that, moved into eMerch sales connecting local buyers/sellers in a few niche markets. Now I mostly consult on eBiz and helping small businesses transition into online shops.

>>Job title
Astrodynamicist
>>Age
>>Years of experience
>>Education
BSc in Aerospace Eng / MSc in Astronautics
>>Yearly salary
12 hundy pennies

>Job title
Associate Engineer
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
BS in Comp Eng
>Yearly salary

>Job title
Software Engineer?
>Age
>Years of experience
1, not counting internships/education/hobby stuff
>Education
BSE Computer Engineering
>Yearly salary
$135k

man Im severely underpaid. Do you work at one of the big 4?

>Job title
DevOps Engineer
>Age
28?
>Years of experience
idk like 6
>Education
BSc Computer Science
>Yearly salary
90k american shekels

>>Job title
Astrodynamicist

that sounds neat

>1 year
>135k
Bullshit

Yeah, Facebook.

Prosecutor
5 years uni
~$100k

>Post:
>Job title
Help desk manager
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
BBA CIS
>Yearly salary
90 plus 20 in bonuses

>Job Title
ICU Physician Fellowship
>Age
>Years of Experience
>Education
M.D.
>Yearly Salary
$29k USD

Just 2 more years of fellowship and I'll finally be a practicing doctor Sup Forums. It's been 6 long years of fucking hard classes. The end of the tunnel is in sight.

>Job title
NEET
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
Nothing useful
>Yearly salary

he's probably in california where taxes eat up half his pay, and the remaining half gets eaten up by the high cost of living.

>90 plus 20 in bonuses
In what?
Coconuts?
Sheep?
Give us a clue here at the least.

How is it hard, exactly? What do you study in doctor school?

>It's been 6 long years of fucking hard classes.
woe is you. try entering a phd program.

I'm in Seattle, so taxes aren't a problem, and rent isn't as bad as SF but it's getting up there.

Just got a promotion, feels good Sup Forums
Software Engineer I
Bachelors in General Studies, concentration in CS

Ah, I haven't thought of that.

>Job title
Customer Service
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
High school
>Yearly salary
$33200

you remember those pre-med students from entry level math and chemistry classes that always asked the professor what's on the exam and complained daily about the difficulty of the classes? yeah? well that's him.

Thousands of USD.

>Job title
IS analyst
>Age
>Years of experience
6 years working in IT
>Education
BS information systems
>Yearly salary

>Job title
automotive technician
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
B. Eng. in IT
>Yearly salary
around 18k eurodollars

I'm planning to become a NEET

>Undergrad
Organic Chemistry isn't the hardest class but isn't the easiest. 300+ chemical reactions you need to know and understand (being able to apply with several situations etc). BioChem is a nightmare but can be fun with the right professor, with tons of bio complexes and their mechanisms (what shit is and how it works). You also have physics and calculus but aren't that hard. General Chem (1st year) isn't hard and if it is, med isn't for you.
>Med School
Have to know a very large portion of the body like the muscles, blood/bacteria pathways, immunity patterns, etc. One of my anatomy final exams included a question along the lines of "If I were to cut the muscle located on the lateral side of my right index finger, which of the following movements would be hindered?".

No thanks, not interested. I'd rather practice than study. Personal interest really.

The kids who complained on entry level maths usually got weeded out in sophomore year. I used to be that faggot asking questions daily but when I got to PDE I eventually learned to shut the fuck up until after class when I can ask one on one.

Facebook doesn't pay that much senpai.

Source: a friend tried to get me a job at facebook but I found out that they pay under market when they sent me a stupidly low offer.

> student research assistant
> 22
>none
> still in university
> 4800 €(mostly doing it so i have something for my CV, but a nice pocket money as student especially since i can freely decide when i want to work and how i want to do my work)

>Job title
Analyst
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
BA in Political Science from a top tier school
>Yearly salary
$109k, plus good benefits and employer match on a 401k up to 9.2% of salary.

>
>Facebook doesn't pay that much senpai.
>stupidly low offer.
They did not want

I'm not going for med (EE/CE), but all of my friends of varying majors agree that med school is harder than engineering, even at a graduate level.

Did you have a bunch of extracurricular and internships? My friends who got jobs at the big software companies in Seattle had salaries of around 100K, 135K is quite a bit more.

I started at 105k which I think is the "typical" starting rate for the big four. Due to inflation adjustments and a promotion I'm now up to my current amount.

I had an internship at microsoft. Not a lot of extracurriculars but I did very well in classes and had friends at various companies who referred me. I'm only recently at 135k.

Note that to get the big bucks, you need to be a software engineer in the silicon valley. If you're an accountant in SV or a swe in London, the numbers will be very different.

>mfw can't network
should I just drop out and become a NEET

Don't be an idiot, working here in silicon valley, I know plenty of people who get rejection letters from facebook.

No idea why anyone wants to work at facebook anyway, getting there is a fucking nightmare, also driving through EPA, no fucking thank you.

Google also doesn't pay that well unless you are literally the top 1% in talent.

Most 'googlers' quit after about a year because the amount of work coupled with the ridiculously average pay, drives the actually pay per hour worked into the ground.

Facebook & google and the like pay with extras like laundry service, not with money.

Source: I work in Silicon Valley and have worked at many of these places (nvidia, vmware, netapp, etc.)

it's harder to get into, but have you heard of anyone dropping out of med school? meanwhile phd programs have around 50% attrition rate.

I'm but it's a weird comparison to make. Engineering (especially electrical/petroleum) undergrad classes are fucking difficult due to the sheer number of things you need to know, like formulas. At my uni (UH) they say that Fluid Dynamics is the hardest class by rating, and it's an engineering only class.

Med classes require you to understand while the engineering ones require a lot of memorization and application. The former only requires undergrad to get a job however, so those 4 years will be hell.

Nah, that just isn't correct.

If you really want to get that much, go work at oracle, they pay way above market (but raises are capped at 3%).

The best way to make any money in silicon valley is to jump around. I work 2-3 years at a place and get a promotion and go elsewhere making 15-20k more.

>CNC Machinist
>19
>3 months
>HS
>6000€/month (apprentice)

>the amount of work
Which teams at Google work you more than 40 hours? And don't say Best, that's an Alphabet company now

If you get a MD, you are basically guaranteed a decent living. A PhD, however, unless it's in some particular area that has huge demand (some branches of mathematics for wall street quants, I suppose), means you're probably going to be looking for academic work, which is both hard to find and doesn't pay that well.

You don't need a doctorate in an engineering field to actually do engineering work, so pursuing one is kind of stupid unless you really want to teach.

Qualified professional (mental health)
2 years of experience
BSW
35,500 USD

It's a hard job but I like.

>Job title
None/Student
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
High School
>Yearly salary
€400-500 (christmas+cake day)

>Best
Duck you, Android. I meant Nest

I worked at a database company whose architects all had PhDs.

quack

>>Job title
CEO
>>Age
>>Years of experience
>>Education
High school
>>Yearly salary
negative $36

Listen, the only people who don't work over 40 hours are all the fucking mexicans that water the plants.

I guess that was only my impression. I got a return offer from microsoft after interning there which had the same salary (105k).

PhDs certainly do work in non academic settings (they have to given the low number of good academic jobs compared to the number of PhD holders), but that doesn't mean that a PhD is a good investment in terms of financial reward. In a few fields it is (maybe database architecture is one of them? Don't know, I don't work in the field), but in most it's not. Which could help explain why 50% of PhD candidates drop out - not because it's hard, but because they realize the returns on their investments aren't worth it.

i never said a phd program is a better choice, and not a day goes by that i don't regret going into one. fact remains though that med school isn't as difficult as people try to make it out to be. if it was you'd have far more people with engineering undergrads in med school, instead they pick some bullshit major where half the credit hours are free electives.

I'm just trying to point out that there could be other reasons for the 50% attrition rate in PhD programs besides them just being more difficult than MD programs.

I have neither a MD nor a PhD, so I personally don't know that one is more or less difficult to get than the other.

>Which could help explain why 50% of PhD candidates drop out - not because it's hard, but because they realize the returns on their investments aren't worth it.
except that's wrong. making inadequate progress and/or failing preliminary examinations are as common, if not more so, than students dropping out on their own. just because you enter a phd program you aren't guaranteed to remain in it.

i'm at a mediocre school and have met multiple phd students in various STEM fields that have started at top schools and were dropped then ended up here.

I mean med school is still really hard. It being not as hard as people say doesn't diminish that. I struggled to keep a 3.0 and I failed at that, graduated with a 2.8 but damn it I'm proud of it. Ph.D programs aren't as easy but they're longer and require far more money. I'd say the financial aspect is another reason for drop outs.

Math and physics has always come super easy...I've never had more than an 80% attendance rate in my technical classes and I'm in my last two semesters. I got a C in high school anatomy....

I feel like a graduate in engineering is mostly done because you enjoy the subject, since you can get a very well paying job out of undergrad. While a lot of med students are in it for the money. If you enjoy what you do, it'll be easier to do it.

There are some engineering specializations that almost require a graduate degree.Almost as in always, but there's always some lucky bastard that knows someone who knows someone...

>Job title
NEET
>Age
>Years of experience
5 years of fast food
>Education
HSED
>Yearly salary
$0

>except that's wrong.
Your statement is kind of proving my point, user. I'm not saying that every engineering PhD candidate drops out because it's a bad investment, I'm saying that *some* of them do.
>making inadequate progress and/or failing preliminary examinations are as common, if not more so, than students dropping out on their own
OK, so let's assume your estimate is correct, and say that 60% of students drop out because they can't cut it, and 40% drop out on their own. That means that instead of 50% attrition because students can't cut it, the attrition related to students who can't cut it is actually 30%. Another 20% drop out because of other reasons.

>Job title
Computer Network Operator for DoD
>Age
>Years of experience
>Education
Compsci
>Yearly salary
~90k

>Job title
PhD student - Molecular Nutrition
>Age
>Years of experience
3 labs = 2 years
>Education
BS biochem
>Yearly salary
24k stipend :(

>BS BioChem
That's what I was doing before I left for med school. Did you have to take the lab for BioChem? I didn't so I was wondering how it was like?

>Job title
Janitor on an online imageboard
>Age
>Years of experience
6 months
>Education
5 years of lurking
>Yearly salary
100 chicken tenders

yeah, but you're making the assumption that phd students have something better available to them upon dropping out. the vast majority of the phd students in my department (mechanical engineering) fall into two categories a) international students trying to get permanent residence in the US or b) US citizens that couldn't get a job upon finishing their undergrad.

i had a 3.9 GPA for my undergrad and did undergrad research. it made me a strong phd candidate but the only calls i got for industry jobs were for shit contract positions that had no benefits and paid 2/3rd of the national starting pay while in a high cost of living area.

i tried applying again 2 years into the phd. the only offer i got was one where i applied for a field engineer position since i do experimental work and worked on equipment vary similar to what the position involved. instead, they offered me an intern position that paid about half of what the full time position paid and had no benefits. mind you the full time position was an entry level position while i had 2 years of experience working with very similar equipment. their justification was that i had no "service industry experience."

>have to take the lab
I had a 2 semester lab course that taught me very little compared to volunteering in a plant biochem lab, if that's what you mean. In final year we also just had general research credits for finding a lab to work in and doing a thesis. Undergrad labs really don't teach you much about doing lab work, since you just follow steps 1,2,3 and it doesn't work because the equipment is from the 1800s

>age
>job title
unemployed
>years of experience
>education
7th grade
>yearly salary
was making about 2,400 a year in food stamps but now they cut me off so im just living off the good graces of my parents.

>run autodialer
>$55k year
>BSc CS

It's pretty easy, get to do some light programming and scripting on the side.

>Job title
Network Engineer
>Age
>Years of experience
Education
Finishing AAS, CCENT
>Yearly salary
$54k

>age
>job title
no job title, I do programming consulting
>years of experience