Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Closure_Tools
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This thread again?

I haven't seen anything.

worst: php
best: javascript

> worst: php
can you tell it Zuckerberg face to face?

javascript sucks

>hurr durr I don't know how to use === and strict mode

best : "C"
worst : everything else.

>syntax error
>syntax error
>syntax error
>error: undefined
>syntax error
>syntax error

relieve me of this pain right now. fuck dynamic languages

what's up with dynamic languages?

why is php bad?

you have to run the program to catch simple errors

Sounds like you have a shitty development environment.

Worst: C
Best: Java/C#

I'm using Brackets, also JSLint sucks majorly

>Worst: C
you sound like autistic newfag homoass redditor.

Unless you're writing for embedded systems you should use C++ instead

You should be using Closure on all your JavaScript.

Gosh that projection

Are you even fucking serious?

Closures AKA function callbacks / lambdas? How is that relevant? What annoys me is using libraries (internal or not) and having no idea what's inside the variables, what you might think is something is something else completely.

Closure is a type checker and compiler.

Closure compiler. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Closure_Tools

Oh, thanks! This might actually save me a lot of pain.

I pretty much agree with you OP. Java sucks and D is legit as fuck.

>was gonna reply but can't make up my mind

I can't think of any that are very amazing or very awful.

worst: anything descending from ALGOL
best: lisp or anything having Hindley-Milner type system.

worst: java
best: C++

this

worst: ruby
best: C++

Lot's of C++ love that I wasn't expecting. I really like C++, but it takes discretion and experience to write it well.

Anyone who thinks C++ is a better language than D is a moron.

best: rust

How much does a .Net developer make in Bombay?

Worst: PHP
Best: C++

>PHP
>Javascript
>Java
In that order

>worst high level
Java and any .NET lang

>best low level
C

>best high level
Python and Lua

Why is D programming language so awesome?
Seems like a clusterfuck of things they wanted, features mot stabilised at all.

Literally nothing you said is true. D is non-clusterfucked version of C++, that's it. It's C++ without all the stuff that makes people hate C++.

>worst
c++
>best
c++

javascript's for nsafags

>I dont know php and can only do basic hello worlds in javascript provided by hipsters on their blogs

Best: SCALA
Worst: JAVA, CPP, PHP, C SHARP

Ah oke, I haven't checked out D in a while, but is most of it's STL still using the GC?

Never tried D so can't comment there, but it sounds like a meme language

Poo in loo Pajeet to eat tonight.

>I don't know javascript but saw this epic reddit post about it's typeinference system so it must be bad XD

Java is awful, I agree with C# however.

Languages are tools, and each has its suited purpose.
You can't tighten a screw with a hammer, but that doesn't mean screwdrivers are better tools than hammers.

Link me then, i dont visit reddit.

Some can be more comfy(eg I like to work with X because...) than others

>I only know how to write FizzBuzz in C but C is simply the best language because hipsters can't use it!

...?

I'm new to programming

Can someone fill me in with all the .net hate? Am I getting memed agian?

Have you Lispniks ever used ALGOL? If not, please stop talking about things you have absolutely no idea about.

The last Lispnik I talked to had serious misconceptions. He couldn't even spend a minute looking at the Algol Report or even Wikipedia and he acts like his own mind is a more authoritative source than the actual language.

One of the main goals for this year is to remove the phobos dependency on the GC and also allow alternate allocators. I'm really looking forward to it.

.net is quite solid. ignore the haters

python.

No one ever gives good reasons for any of their claims here on Sup Forums. That's what attracts so many people, the ability to shitpost without repercussion.

This

>You can't tighten a screw with a hammer, but that doesn't mean screwdrivers are better tools than hammers.
Yes but there are still some pretty shitty screwdrivers out there.

Take C# vs Java. Both intended mostly for the same purpose (Enterprise applications) but Java's lack of an incredible amount of features and good libraries make it an objectively worse tool than C#. It's only redeeming quality is the JVM which is pretty good at optimization.

Shit Tier:
Java, Javascript, PHP, Ruby

Some good languages:
C, C#, C++, Python (sometimes), Gosu(JVM language)

>D
Mah nigga

>Java's lack of an incredible amount of features and good libraries

Yeah, C# is a superior language, but I don't think you can make the claim that Java's libraries/ecosystem is inferior to C# for enterprise development.

Worst: PHPajeet, Perl-in-street, any C variant.
Best: 2017 WILL BE THE YEAR OF DEVIOUSYARN GET READY NIGGERS.

.NET is incredibly superior to the joke that is Spring/Struts. I find it amazing that Java is still without an easy to use query builder language. C# has LINQ which is really nice but Spring is a horrible mess that ends up being extremely error prone and inefficient. Hell I'd argue that even Laravel PHP or RoR are good alternatives.

Oracle is overly conservative when it comes to adding features to the jre. Java 8 JUST got lamba expressions and redid a lot of the Date library. The fucking Date library??? Is this some sick joke??? Java's collections libraries are also a horrible mess.

Combine all of that with Prajeets rewriting other Prajeets' code and you have the clusterfuck nightmare that is Java. Meanwhile Microsoft, as much as I hate them, is doing a lot to improve .NET and C# as a whole. VS can now even run on OSX for fucks sake. Unfortunately Java is already so established so it'll remain in business code for decades to come.

I've been writing PHP for about half a decade now. I know it isn't very long, but that should prevent any adhom attacks about me not knowing PHP.

PHP is effectively a glorified templating engine. You can't hold a variable which two users can access, it's terribly slow in comparison to things Node.js (I don't like JS) or Golang. The syntax is self-obfuscating, with symbols like '$' needed to start off every single variable. The only link between the symbol '$' and a variable in daily life would be to construe it to mean 'value', but the real reason for it was just to make the average Perl idiot more comfy, and Perl actually has meaning in the symbols used to start the variable. Rasmus' behavior is a perfectly accurate depiction of the only type of workflow which works for shit in PHP.

A few quotes from the creator of PHP -
"I was really, really bad at writing parsers. I still am really bad at writing parsers."
"I actually hate programming."
"I really don't like programming."
"There are people who actually like programming. I don't understand why they like programming."
Best of All, inside the mind of PHP's creator, and 99% of it's devs -
"I'm not a real programmer. I throw together things until it works then I move on. The real programmers will say "Yeah it works but you're leaking memory everywhere. Perhaps we should fix that." I’ll just restart Apache every 10 requests."

Also, two of the three PHP 'founders' (if you count anyone sans Rasmus) are actual fucking brown people, hence it's eternal connection with the Pajeet meme.

If you want to shit on my opinions in return, I'm - Sorry for the wall of text.

> the joke that is Spring/Struts
Yes, Spring/Struts isn't the best, but at the same time it is usable.

>Java 8 JUST got lamba expressions and redid a lot of the Date library.
Java isn't a great language.

>Java's collections libraries are also a horrible mess.
This isn't true. There are lots of different options, yes, but they provide you the granularity you need to get the job done best for your application.

The __huge__ selling point of Java is JavaEE and the Apache ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.) and the superior community based around Java. In the modern enterprise the JVM is a better solution than .NET. Java the language sucks, but use something like Clojure and you'll be one happy camper.

that's all lispers for you

i don't know why they have to be so pretentious, especially when lisp is nearly unusable for low level stuff

worst: BRAINFUCK/LOLCODE
best: ANSI C

>best: javascript

Holy shit get the fuck out.

worst: python, c
best: javascript, actionscript

JavaScript is the best language. It has no skill celling, it's perfect in all ways. Even though it has its quirks.

PHP7 is faster than node, python...
You need symbols or declare every single variable, so i don't see the real problem with the '$'...

Seconded

there are plenty of languages that declare variables without declarations or symbols

best: c/c++, node.js
worst: javascript, java most of the times, php

Yeah, php is fucking slow, FaceBook is slow as a result

> PHP
> Rust

This.
That code isn't a good example, though.
>.fold(0, |acc, x| acc + x)
Seriously? That doesn't even compile, it should be |acc, &x| acc + x
And that piece of code does the exact same thing as .sum()

>best: node.js
>worst: javascript

>Thinks that C is the best language out there
>Calls someone Pajeet
TOP KEK

>node.js
>javascript framework

best: good php
worst: bad php

>Microsoft product
>not shit

What kind of programming are you wanting to do?

>which's the worst language?
All the popular ones besides the one I'm in the middle of learning.

>the best?
The one I'm currently learning as an undergrad, irrespective of its suitability outside of tiny learning projects.

Worst: Prolog
Best: Kotlin

COME AT ME BROS

NEETs/college kids hate it because it's not low-level enough to brag about using.

Freetards (like me) hate it because it's a Microsoft product with second-class support on non-Windows platforms.

>Java's lack of an incredible amount of features
The absence of properties and delegates are definitely painful. The rest is overrated (or, in the case of extension methods, stupid and unnecessary).

>and good libraries
Are you joking?

>It's only redeeming quality is the JVM
At this point you may as well just cite the blogpost you're regurgitating.

>Combine all of that with Prajeets rewriting other Prajeets' code
You'll never escape that with any popular language. A huge part of the popularity of both C# and Java is that they're built to control that sort of damage.

worst: PHP
best: Python

>worst: VBA
>best: C#

Best: Binary machine code
Worst: Not binary machine code

Are you an artificial intelligence?

I literally find bugs on Facebook daily. Also, Suckernerd is a retarded piece of shit.

(checked)

Worst: VBS
Best: C#

Why you hating?

C is mid level.
Assembly is low level

HAHAHAHA
YOU THINK YOURE THOUGH UH ?
I HAVE ONE WORD FOR YOU
THE FORCED INDENTATION OF THE CODE
GET IT ?
I DONT THINK SO
YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT MY OTHER CAR I GUESS ?
ITS A CDR
YOU PRONOUNCE IT CUDDER
OK YOU FUQIN ANGERED AN EXPERT PROGRAMMER
THIS IS /PROG/
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO POST HERE ONLY IF YOU HAVE ACHIEVED SATORI
PROGRAMMING IS ALL ABOUT ``ABSTRACT BULLSHITE" THAT YOU WILL NEVER COMPREHEND
I HAVE READ SICP
IF ITS NOT DONE YOU HAVE TO
TOO BAD RUBY ON RAIL IS SLOW AS FUCK
BBCODE AND SCHEME ARE THE ULTIMATE LANGUAGES
``THIS IS THE PROPER WAY TO QUOTE"
ALSO
WELCOME TO /PROG/
EVERY THREAD WILL BE REPLIED TO
NO EXCEPTION

No need.

Currently replacing everything with React.

Is React any good?
I'm thinking about starting a project with it.