Well, time to switch universities. Technology has gone too far

Well, time to switch universities. Technology has gone too far.

Perhaps I can convince these people that their way of life makes me want to kill myself out of despair for society, and the world. When an identitarian is so caught up in their identity that they force other people to take extra measures just to tiptoe around the eggshells that are their egos, I wanna jump off a cliff.

washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2016/08/25/stanford-wants-to-make-first-day-icebreakers-way-less-awkward/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_3_na#comments

>The start of school brings an annoyance that students with unconventional names or gender-nonconforming appearances understand all too well: roll call. They’ve likely spent a lifetime of first days correcting teachers and fellow students on the proper pronunciation or gender pronoun.

>Stanford University will deploy software this fall that aims to prevent officials from butchering fundamental aspects of their students’ identities. NameCoach allows students to record their name and gender pronoun for professors and other campus administrators to review before the student even sets foot on campus.

“We want to encourage a culture of respect on campus, and one of the best ways to convey respect to someone is to get their name right — and to get their pronouns right, too,” University Registrar Tom Black said in a letter to students.

So far, 300 incoming students have used the NameCoach service. Stanford welcomed roughly 1,700 freshmen last school year.

There are no universities that don't do it in the US anyway, unless you go to some religious affiliated bullshit (read: crap uni)

Also, fuck stanford :3
t. calfag

also, if you're ever in berkeley we can meet up, i can't seem to find any Sup Forumsentoomen here, just hippies and leftists

>hurr if you go to a private christian university you aren't educated
2/10 my face twitched

I'm at cal too but there's no way I will ever do a 4chins meetup.

GO BEARS!

same tbqh. gotta keep this shit low key

Stanford is leagues better than cal.
t. cal graduate

>dat reading comprehension

i don't know how you got into berkeley. but if you read my post again, very carefully, you will notice the ":3" emote that I wrote right after the words "fuck stanford", which suggests that I wasn't really serious when i used the words "fuck stanford"

i'm just doing the whole "bears > tree" thing we have here. just as this user is doing

Sorry, I don't speak faggotry.

anyone studying math?

Well since you graduated, do you feel that Stanford graduates have it a lot easier getting hired than Cal graduates?

there isn't a single good CS/engineering program in christian unis tbqhwyl

>not doing a Sup Forums meetup

why.jpg.

shit would be so fucking hilarious with all the autism, awkwardness and the chinkshit sharks.

No. I got an offer from most places I applied to. I just regret that no matter how far I go into my career, I'll never be able to change the fact that I went to a school for Stanford and MIT rejects. My parents both went to MIT and my brother went to Stanford. Maybe I'll go to graduate school so I can stop being shameful to my family.

Sup Forumsolden Bears? I'd be down.

Fuck off with your stupid little shitty /s tags, they ruin reddit. They are cancer, they are absolute shit. Don't you fucking dare use stupid /s tags because they are literally terrible and I do not approve of them at all. Get rid of them and stop using /s tags because they are literally the worst thing of this here site. Yes, we do get sarcasm, we don't actually think that you were being serious and you actually managed to ruin your own stupid little insignificant joke.

except berkeley is on par with Stanford and MIT. The EECS program is probably the best int he Nation

the hardest part is actually organizing these things. i mean how would we know if someone is a Sup Forumsentooman?

>the number of papers published by the researchers at an university equates to the quality of its undergraduate education

>why can't I bring muh gaymergate to college
because the world doesn't revolve around you, the world has been spinning and moving on witout you for millions of years and it will continue to without your input.

He'll be the fedora wearing overweight neckbeard with the waifu pillow

>i mean how would we know if someone is a Sup Forumsentooman?

Fat, wears a fedora, carries a chinkpad from the 90s?

I feel like any Sup Forumsentoomen at Cal would be involved with the OCF. Advertise there?

actually, i'm saying about you exactly what you're saying about me

>Advertise there?

I'm scared tho :(
It's a sicrit club after all.

we can easily avoid that by not bringing/eating any sort of food.

kek

But how does this affect you? If anyone's got a right to complain here, it's the teachers, because it's extra work for them.

And fuck, I'd probably use it so they don't butcher the pronunciation of name like they usually do.

It sounds like you're literally upset because your school wants to be welcoming to trans people, rather than because this affects you in any meaningful way. It's not like this list of names and genders becomes mandatory for everyone to memorise, right?

Also,
>technology

why can't the school be welcoming by being neutral?

Hi, my name is Faggot. It's pronounced Fah-got. Not Fayhjoe

>forces you to go out of your way to be inclusive and supportive of everyone's fetish

>simultaneously forces you to use Microsoft™ Windows™ in CS program

wew, what a mad world