Hey Sup Forums, did you ever get an arduino?

Hey Sup Forums, did you ever get an arduino?

What did you do with it? You didn't leave it there doing nothing, did you?

Surely you must have done something useful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=648Tx5N9Zoc
home-automation-community.com/arduino-low-power-how-to-run-atmega328p-for-a-year-on-coin-cell-battery/
hackaday.com/2016/05/11/mike-szczys-ends-8-bit-vs-32-bit-holy-war/
youtube.com/watch?v=eOH_5aZOwPk
tmrh20.github.io/RF24/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I honestly want to get one, but I have no idea what I should buy to accompany it and know next to nothing about electronics.

Even if both of these were overcome - what on earth would I use it for?

The thing about hardware is you gotta buy a whole lot of shit to make something nice.

Anyways since i had electronics as my major i did some hardware stuff but stopped doing that since i left college.

I had planned on making a home automation curcuit which would allow me to turn on/off lights and other stuff in my home without me having to move my fatass from the fucking chair

bought a nano and a breadboard, but besides some leds i got nothing to it, so it sits in the drawer.
Could i use old mobile phone parts to do some5hing like in OP's pic?

>What did you do with it?
pic related
atm only shows room temperature, but will add outside temp, some graph and forecast

I built a couple of LED matrices (both single color and RGB).
Also used it to interface with a floppy drive, couldn't read good data off it tho.
I wanted to build a plant watering system one of these days, just didn't look after good moisture / temperature / pH sensors yet.

I'm going to set one up with an IR blaster and connect it to my server so I can have it control my AC while I am away from home.

Winter is coming, so I would like to be able to have it heat up my apartment a bit before I get home in particular.

>Could i use old mobile phone parts to do some5hing like in OP's pic?
if you are lucky, yes.
I've written a shitty lib for siemens c60/m55/s55 displays

but there are lots of chinese lcd displays for arduino

Got a few pro micros lying around for future projects. Just recently got around to make a headtracker for playing DCS and used another one for adding a few buttons to my HOTAS and replacing the pots in the joysticks to hall sensors.

No, I did not get an Arduino.

I didn't do anything with it since I did not get an Arduino.

P. FUCKIN S.:
a pretty fucking interesting vidya. for noobs not really relevant thoug

youtube.com/watch?v=648Tx5N9Zoc

noice

Using one in school and making a driving robot with an ultrasonic sensor and a l298 driver

These pics are outdated as I have wired it up already

nice.
Since I still do have a l298 driver lying around I wanted to do kind of the same, but I am too fucking lazy mang.
Wanted to build a remote controlled thing then, not self-driving

PS:
next step is this
home-automation-community.com/arduino-low-power-how-to-run-atmega328p-for-a-year-on-coin-cell-battery/
to get a temperature sensor for outside which sends temp every few minutes to over nrf24l01 modules

Please do tell me more about this.

That's pretty interesting. Some of it applies to larger Arduino modules too, like the Nanos which usually come with the ATmega328P too.

>tfw using a Z8 to make a balancing robot
Doing some PCB design for it now, have to send it off next week to be manufactured.
Feels like sex when you run a shit load of parallel tracks.

Why would i buy an arduino when i can get an ARM based board with at least an order of magnitude more performance for less?

Because you want a microcontroller and not a microprocessor?

How are STM32, MSP, etc. not microcontrollers?

just watch the youtube video.
Both are good.

hackaday.com/2016/05/11/mike-szczys-ends-8-bit-vs-32-bit-holy-war/

in short:
8-bit is enough and WAY easier

i have a teensy powering an ambient light setup

currently working on making mine insult you at the press of a button

You should make it say motivational things and give it a a small chance of insulting you.

its a really effective thing to have in a pinch when you've got fuck all in terms of equipment or materials or time or really anything
that's why i used it in my senior design project

Reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=eOH_5aZOwPk

Originally a .swf but >flash

I made a pong game that had a basic ai and analog controls. Then it's been sitting on a shelf for two years.

Oh and a snake game with a led matrix in pure assembly. But that was for school.

>Not programming a bot and leaving it there for decoration

Thanks, Fact Seagull.

>Feels like sex when you run a shit load of parallel tracks.

My man

I have a BASIC Stamp from when I was in college.

It's in my garage, controlling the door and lights via the intertubes.

how?

I was thinking of making ghetto ambilight so that I had a small LED strip which changed color based on what my monitor was displaying, but then I realized I don't know shit about electronics.

ESP8266 & relays. All in it cost about £9 from Chairman Mao's Dollarama, keep meaning to build a few more.

i used to access the menus of my surround sound receiver when the remote broke. thats about it

How though?

The usual way m8. Nothing fancy.

So with an arduino, right m9?

I used the sparkfun pro micro to make a usb injection tool, basically a home made usb rubber ducky.

The Arduino run-time has actually been ported to the ESP8266. You can program them with the Arduino IDE and everything.

Which is great because the Espressif SDK is fucking awful.

>Espressif SDK is fucking awful.
so just like you're moms pussy, right?

To make your dragon dildo vibrate.

I don't know what relationship you had with your mother but I don't have a clue about the quality of my mother's vagina.

Designed and printed a PCB with my girlfriend. It had a bunch of shift registers to control an RGB led matrix. Pretty fun.

>with my girlfriend
>IMPLYING GF
XD

I'm scared to become a electronics guy.

I enjoy programming and when I fuck up, which is all of the time, the worst that happens is that I get an error message.

Now, if I screw up and soldier capacitors and shit onto a circuit board incorrectly I can get electrocuted or have shit blow up in my face. I don't like the idea of either of that stuff happening to me.

>Now, if I screw up and soldier capacitors and shit onto a circuit board incorrectly I can get electrocuted or have shit blow up in my face. I don't like the idea of either of that stuff happening to me.
No, just no.

Unless you're dangerously stupid you're not going to do anything major.

>Designed and printed a PCB. It had a bunch of shift registers to control an RGB led matrix. Pretty fun.
ftfy

the worst thing u can do is blow up some components and start a matchstick sized fire or zap yourself lightly

unless of course you start doing stuff with bigger voltages

That's legit cool my man.

I have some freaky all-in-one sound system I was given for free years ago which works great, but doesn't have a remote or the relevant dvd player to control it, so I just have the amp and speakers only with volume control.

If I could do something similar that would be neato.

I bought a knockoff arduino and a knockoff lcd shield but the default hello-world sketch doesn't work. Any ideas what I need to do?

no you?

try sticking your dick in it

Trying to build a wireless doorbell that can check if the other one is switched on.

Being new to coding as well as electronics, nrfl201 is a bitch to work with.

you mean nrf24l01?
If you are using arduino then go for rf24-library
tmrh20.github.io/RF24/

>168.192
Fuck you're an idiot

top fucking kek, m9. Have posted this webm so many times on here and never realized that shit.
Thanks.
Though that display is ded anyways and was prolly just a mixup of the indexes

Hahaha I do networking so I guess I see that 192.168, 100 times a day. Popped up at me
And I am still mad about it

>Hey Sup Forums, did you ever get an arduino?
Yes, I have three actually

>What did you do with it?
Captured the radio signals from the local bus route for switching to green lights using a SDR, and then replicated the signal using one of the Arduinos.

I use it when driving around town to switch to green light.

Will at some point do the same for the automatic gates that the buses use too, but it's a different signal.

I learned networking on my previous apprenticeship and I am a CCNP, so fuck me.
Now I am really fuckin mad why I haven't realized that shit while setting it up.
Prolly just had the correct IP always in my mind and didn't read it properly

>has CCNP
>doesn't know about byte ordering and endianness

Was prolly really a dumb fucking programming mistake. Shit happens :^)

check my pepe

I really, really, really like this image.

Kys

>once almost bought an arduino
>realized i'm not a product of inbreeding at the last moment
>canceled the order and ordered an ARM board instead

Are arduinos really not ARM? I thought that was the whole point of the damn things.

only geeksquad tier home networks use the 192.168 range

I'd like to setup one for MPGuino to help me on my 50 mile commute but I have no idea where to start. Has anyone here done this?

Got one recently. Planning on bodging together a replica GT3 sequential shifter, an electronic handbrake and a small button box all going to a Leonardo.

First arduino project, but the only challenge should be the handbrake as i've never done anything with analogue inputs before.

Well aren't you just a special snowflake.

>All those fucking wires
>LED ON
>LED OFF