How can I change Cinnamon's look?

I want to turn blank areas a different color. Pic related, I'm not sure what it's called in English. Maybe it could be white instead, or something, I don't know. But this dull gray is pretty gross.

How would I go about changing that? I'm pretty new to Linux, but I'm willing to figure it out if you point me in the right direction.

www.google.com

Copy the gtk theme to ~/.themes/, rename it and start changing the colors in its gtkrc or gtk.css file. You'll soon find out what does what. Preinstalled themes are usually located in /usr /share/themes/ btw

Preferences > Themes if you don't feel like doing any actual work or getting exactly what you want.

Hope this helps c:

---- Seriously, it has some themes, just search in the start menu for themes.

Linux is so fucking ugly

You've never seen a desktop thread before.
Linux can be the most beautiful OS ever made depending on how you RICE it

Looks better than windows tho, and has more functionality. Just strip windows from their exclusivity on certain programs and there's no reason to prefer windows.

ricing is bad, mmmmkay

I never understood why everything Linux related has to waste fucktons of screen real estate.

>giant wasted spaces in the windows
>giant spaces between icons
>fucked up character spacing

I wish they'd invest some of their autism into clever UI solutions for a change

Gnome tweak tool.

this. Linux really does look like shit right out of the box. Most DEs look like the competitors to windows 98, and most of them are. But unlike windows they never changed with the times, never matured. They simply changed the color to black.
Hell, most of them still have square windows.

KDE Neon looks great out of the box. KDE in general looks great, but unless you're using OpenSUSE or Neon, I wouldn't recommend it.

> an OS made by system programmers and not designers doesn't look good

Cinnamon's got built-in theming menu, just download Numix Blue from there.

Windows is even uglier out of the box.

Linux is a kernel, it possesses no appearance.

Gnome 3 looks perfectly fine with the Arc theme

Sure, whatever you say, adcuck

This doesn't actually happen.

Right?

>tfw i didnt know you can do that
>i literally never looked at select tool options
mfw