He thinks systemd is bad

>he thinks systemd is bad

>DOTADIW
>systemd
pick one and only one

i don't think systemd is bad

systemd hasn't given me any issues or ptoblems, works just fine

I'm not informed well enough to make a solid opinion.

i just think systemd is being stuffed everywhere and i don't know why.
whats wrong with init, not modern enough?

>1970s server guidelines apply to the modern desktop
Everybody point and laugh

anything that annoys crusty greybeards is good and to be encouraged

>i just think systemd is being stuffed everywhere
You mean just like gcc and glibc are stuffed everywhere against peoples will with no choice for diversity and alternatives?

DUMB TAYPOSTER

I want to put my penis inside this girl

>girl

>he thinks systemd is good

Not him but glibc is awful too.

Also used to be maintained by an arrogant German prick.

I ONLY install distros with systemd now. Init, openrc, and runit are all slow and a nightmare to configure. I've even installed systemd on Gentoo and slackware. Feels good man.

I recently had an issue with init whereby I couldn't get certain networking issues resolved with it. cURL wasn't resolving hostnames for some reason.

used a systemd oneshot and it worked fine

>he thinks linux is good

>OP says he isn't a faggot

Hi Lennart. How are you today?

Long time I followed the "Hate systemd" meme, until debian 8 kind of forced me to use systemd.
What to say - I dont regret it at all.
Works just fine, easy to contig etc.

I'll stop using systemd when it starts interfering with the use of my system. So far, it hasn't.

kys

it's useless and takes space on my ssd
remove it

Windows fag here, whats up with this Systemd meme?

>meme
There's your answer.

init = Linux and UNIX system for starting the system and managing services. Mainly works the same way as it did when introduced with UNIX SysV in 1983.

Systemd = new system made to replace this and a lot of other very old conventions (systemd-mount to replace fstab).

Some people think it's great as UNIX conventions are mostly irrelevant nowadays. Some people think it's terrible because it's not traditional. Some people think it's shadow-developed by the NSA or a corporate takeover of Linux (systemd is developed by redhat, a company primarily dealing in Linux stuff and the largest contributor to the Linux kernel).