What's the best way to transfer large files without a direct connection or flash drive?

What's the best way to transfer large files without a direct connection or flash drive?

Tried wetransfer but it didn't work well.

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

rejetto.com/hfs/?f=intro
getsync.com/individuals/
dx.com/p/usb-1100pa-433mhz-wireless-rf-transceiver-module-white-black-159139#.V8Qj0yjyhPY
dx.com/p/usb-1100pa-433mhz-wireless-rf-transceiver-module-white-black-159139#.V8Qj0yjyhPY),
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Clear your calendar.

Distance is 1500 miles m80

Dynamic content: btsync / syncthing
Static content: rsync

infrared transceiver pairs

Trunkload of DVDRs.

web server?

I just want to send some video files to someone over the internet, guys.

Buy hdd put files on it, and send hdd ?

Torrent

>wget
>rsync
>scp
>ftp

>Distance is 1500 miles m80
A non 3rd world internet connection

are you fucking serious
put them on mega

Either become familiar with these tools:
or use rejetto.com/hfs/?f=intro

Not OP, genuinely curious though. What speeds could I expect from them?

>be on internship
>limited as fuck internet plans
>hotel CTO says he'll let my laptop bypass the firewall to download steamgames
>don't have anything to transfer them to my main pc except an 8gb flashdrive

If these aren't too pricey, you may've just made this whole thing a lot more bearable.

>way to transfer files
>a thing exists called file transfer protocol server
That was hard.

Break the file down into smaller parts like a torrent would, use a parity file. Then transfer one by one

Most implementations are shit compared to torrent.

Bittorrent Sync.

Why not use windows' File sharing shit ?
Why not get a cheap couple hunnit gig External USB?

He doesn't need proper implementation, he just needs a transfer

(Although i agree Torrent is 10/10 best way)

Create a HTTP server on your main PC that saves data you send to it to a file. Create a script that sends HTTP GET requests with chunks of the file to your main PC. HTTP isn't blocked on firewalls

This, OP. It's fucking fast

getsync.com/individuals/

ftp

How is it fast when my ISP limits my download and upload speed? Why not use google drive or mega? I can understand if I'm using LAN then it will be of no problem, but across long distances how is it faster than google drive?

I only found this one dx.com/p/usb-1100pa-433mhz-wireless-rf-transceiver-module-white-black-159139#.V8Qj0yjyhPY

It says that it can transmit at 250Kbps. It's quite expensive though. I think you're better off building your own with a chink shit arduino and a RF transceiver module for a total of 5$ per transceiver.

With Google Drive you send your data to a drive in the cloud. When you've fully uploaded your file, others can download it. So you first have to wait for the uploading, and then you have to wait for the downloading. With Dropbox Sync, you directly upload to the other PC. This also means you're not bound to Google Drive storage limits. And because it's based on the torrent protocol, you get even more speed when you have multiple PC's downloading at once. Not to mention your packets don't have to do as many hops from your home to Google's datacenter to the other home, when the receiver lives just a few blocks away.

Do you need to point them directly at each other?

With the LED's, probably yes. With the one I linked (dx.com/p/usb-1100pa-433mhz-wireless-rf-transceiver-module-white-black-159139#.V8Qj0yjyhPY), no. It's an omnidirectional RF transmitter. RF goes through walls too BTW. It's probably not encrypted though, so anyone with a RF receiver can copy your files.

Quite note: Right, just know I'm a bit of an idiot here guys, so sorry if I don't understand all your replies. Though thanks so much for your input! I did try to reply to each of you to respect the time you took to try and help out!

Holy shit I'm a mongoloid, the one thing Windows does (somewhat) right and I forgot about it.

Holy shit man, that sounds a bit complex. Though it still seems like as if it would be downloading the files that are sent to it so wouldn't that just eat away at my data anyhow?

I was doing that on the flashdrive but my laptop doesn't have Usb 3.0 so it was taking 20+ minutes to move the data to it. If I'm understanding you properly anyhow.

An interesting one, though thankfully reminded me of what I could do on my network. Thanks for digging it up though!

I like the one that you linked, just expensive.
You would need two to share files I guess.